ADVERTISEMENT

What chaps my ass

This has to be a troll. How could anyone anticipate the shortcomings of the offense??? Heck, IDK….
1. The offensive line was not good in 2021 and they lost one of the best college centers of the last decade. Serious help was needed.
2. Iowa literally lost four scholarship receivers between the end of 2021 and May of 2022 and replaced none of them. NOT ONE!
3. Quarterback play. Speaks for itself.
4. Offensive Coordinator. Speaks for itself.

And so far we’ve only fixed one of these issues and that’s quarterback.
Please try to be a little more analytical. What you pose as "facts" are far from them.

The OL play was obviously a problem in '21 ... however, guys like Colby and Richman were "obviously" going to improve. While Colby had some hiccups ... Richman definitely DID improve!

You ignored the timeline I highlighted ... most of the best recruiting candidates are picked over by the official signing day. Recruiting is not something that usually happens on the spur of the moment ... but rather requires a vetting process in order to make sure that a guy is a good "fit." You're completing ignoring this FACT!

As it relates to WRs ... 2 of Iowa's top WRs emerging from the '21 season were Bruce and Johnson. Following signing day last Feb ... Charlie Jones was still a Hawkeye. On top of that ... Ragaini was a proven dude too. On top of that ... there was the hope that a healthy Vines and Brecht would prove to be contributors.

Given that Iowa had a great pair of TEs and a pretty strong RB room ... the WR room still appeared more than adequate. The biggest problems at WRs entering the '22 season were all the WR injuries.

Iowa's schemes don't require us to have a ton of WRs ... but it DOES require the ones we DO have to produce. Between injuries and factors that we, as fans, are not privy to ... the WRs did not contribute as any of us would hope.

QB play was what it was. Given that we saw comparable QB play no matter who was in ... that points more to the problems being attributable to factors OTHER THAN the QB.

As it relates to grading the OC ... what exactly are your objective credentials here? I'm an expert as it relates to analytical thinking - and I'm well versed in game-theory. If you do a really detailed analysis of how games were called - things really weren't as bad in that arena as fans suppose. That's not to say that improvements cannot be made there ... but in almost every game, the sequences of calls made led to a lot of the opportunities that Brian would have hoped for. Unfortunately, execution issues undermined many of those opportunities.

You know what else pisses me off? The fact we sat on the ball vs Ohio State in 2009. I also can't believe how we absolutely blew the game vs Ohio State in 1990.

What's done is done. Don't live life in the rear view mirror; time to find something else to bitch about 😉

Me too!

Please try to be a little more analytical. What you pose as "facts" are far from them.

The OL play was obviously a problem in '21 ... however, guys like Colby and Richman were "obviously" going to improve. While Colby had some hiccups ... Richman definitely DID improve!

You ignored the timeline I highlighted ... most of the best recruiting candidates are picked over by the official signing day. Recruiting is not something that usually happens on the spur of the moment ... but rather requires a vetting process in order to make sure that a guy is a good "fit." You're completing ignoring this FACT!

As it relates to WRs ... 2 of Iowa's top WRs emerging from the '21 season were Bruce and Johnson. Following signing day last Feb ... Charlie Jones was still a Hawkeye. On top of that ... Ragaini was a proven dude too. On top of that ... there was the hope that a healthy Vines and Brecht would prove to be contributors.

Given that Iowa had a great pair of TEs and a pretty strong RB room ... the WR room still appeared more than adequate. The biggest problems at WRs entering the '22 season were all the WR injuries.

Iowa's schemes don't require us to have a ton of WRs ... but it DOES require the ones we DO have to produce. Between injuries and factors that we, as fans, are not privy to ... the WRs did not contribute as any of us would hope.

QB play was what it was. Given that we saw comparable QB play no matter who was in ... that points more to the problems being attributable to factors OTHER THAN the QB.

As it relates to grading the OC ... what exactly are your objective credentials here? I'm an expert as it relates to analytical thinking - and I'm well versed in game-theory. If you do a really detailed analysis of how games were called - things really weren't as bad in that arena as fans suppose. That's not to say that improvements cannot be made there ... but in almost every game, the sequences of calls made led to a lot of the opportunities that Brian would have hoped for. Unfortunately, execution issues undermined many of those opportunities.

Good stuff, but he isn’t interested in that my friend. It’s all about blame and what should have happened in his mind!

Last edited:

There’s this thing I don’t know if you’ve heard of it. It’s called the transfer portal. It’s this magical place where you can get guys that are already in college.
1. You said one oline man improved to justify doing nothing in the portal.
2. Wide Receiver depth was and still is an issue. Funny how injuries happen in college football!
3. I’d say when your offense is 130 out of 131, that says it all. Being the worst offense this century in the big ten just tops it all off. That’s your grade.

I’m thinking CmHawk is Brian and Ghost is Kirk!

Of course you do because that’s the best you can come up with. And that says a hell of a lot more about you than it does us, and quite frankly ghost really doesn’t lambaste you guys very much. He just lays things out and here you are still being an asshole!

I deserve it sometimes, he does not!

Anybody see the stat about big ten football teams since World War II? Iowa is one of five big ten teams to win at least 8 games while scoring under 18 points a game. The other four teams played in the 1960’s!

• Haha
Reactions: jo2knight
Can you imagine how good this team could have been if the damn coaches would have hit the portal hard LAST YEAR?

Now it's almost like they are doing it to save Brian's job.

Easily a top 10 team.
Many teams thought the portal was the answer. TA&M, Nebby, and others didnt fare very well.

• Haha
Reactions: NebBulliesHawkeyes
Do you know what really chaps my ass if Florida State hadn’t chased Jimbo Fisher off and if Texas A&M had stuck with somebody ever they probably both be better football teams!

Sounds like he was promised some things that didn’t happen and he bounced. Based on what happened, probably a smart choice.
since you seem to know, what exactly was he promised that he didn’t get? easy to post things to promote your opinion though.

This chaps mine. Email this guy.

" the honor of being the ugliest sporting event or athletic contest in the history of competition" DANG

Worst bowl game - Iowa vs Kentucky
This was supposed to be awful with every key offensive player opting out, and wow did it overdeliver on that.

No, it doesn’t quite beat out the 2018 Cheez-It Bowl – TCU over Cal 10-7 in overtime – for the honor of being the ugliest sporting event or athletic contest in the history of competition, but it made a big push.
Does everyone who hates low scoring football games also hate soccer and hockey? I hate high scoring games where no one is within 15 yards of a WR. Or games where you know the last team with the ball wins as they score on about every possession.

Does everyone who hates low scoring football games also hate soccer and hockey? I hate high scoring games where no one is within 15 yards of a WR. Or games where you know the last team with the ball wins as they score on about every possession.
Absolutely cannot watch either, unless, it’s the World Cup or Stanley Cup FINAL

Absolutely cannot watch either, unless, it’s the World Cup or Stanley Cup FINAL
Wondered if you were happy watching games where there was 2-1 scores or 1-0 as you see all the time in soccer and hockey. You do know Iowa scored 3 times.

I dislike games where defenses cannot stop one another. Its like watching a modern day NBA game.

I assume the coaches thought at this time last year that their OLine players would develop. That did not happen and so it was a fail by the coaches first of all (maybe these players will blossom but who knows).

The coaches also thought they have Keegan at receiver and Charley Jones on the field a lot. Well that bit them in the ass.

Basically you are right that if they would have got at least one proven Olinemen, maybe two in a tackle and a guard, and then one decent WR, then this year would have been better.

Very little needed to work out better for the hawks to beat ISU, Illinois, and Nebby which makes them 10-2.
This was a mistake the last two years! They knew Kallenberger wasn't coming back for last year's team and despite having zero depth and experience, we still didn't go to the portal for OL. I know people will say we tried. Smh.....

Reactions: uihawk82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT