• Wins Wins Wins

Votes: 36 73.5%
  • Change Change Change

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters

PlutoDroid

HB All-State
Aug 16, 2015
Question for the room(both sides). What result will make you happy as a fan? A ;ounce back year beating ISU and either Nebraska or Wisconsin. A downright miserable season where you Ferentz fire crew get the change you want or for those of the most faith a BIG title or, and a playoff berth?

I personally see a 7 or 8 win season with a big win sprinkled in over Wisconsin .

This season, like last season, with the easy schedule, anything less than 9 regular season wins will be a disappointment. The other thing I hate, is that it seems that with the majority of our recruits, we are recruiting with MAC teams and not the top Big Ten teams.

This season, like last season, with the easy schedule, anything less than 9 regular season wins will be a disappointment. The other thing I hate, is that it seems that with the majority of our recruits, we are recruiting with MAC teams and not the top Big Ten teams.

Is it on Ferentz or the program as a whole in your opinion? I hear all the time about Iowa having a low populace and little National appeal, but I think there are enough good players for Iowa to grab them.

Is it the type of system Ferentz is running! I just don't know,but he sure as heck produces good lineman.

Mike Hlas of the Cedar Rapids Gazette reports that
the Hawkeye season ticket sales are down 16% from
last year. What this says to me is that the Hawkeyes
need to win at least 9 games this year. Fan support
will continue to decline if we lose to Illinois State and
Iowa State before the Conference games even begin.

I think a 7 or 8 win season might be the worst thing for fans and the program. Ferentz most likely will not be let go after a season like that. 9 or more wins will bring excitement for the team. Less than 6 and its a no brainer to let kf go.

This team needs something to be excited about. Either a great season from kf or a new coach.

Reactions: BuckRussel

Don't worry, all of those recruits we beat the MAC teams out for are actually really really good. Heatdawg and Matt Foley said so. Program is on the rise!

Reactions: BuckRussel
Question for the room(both sides). What result will make you happy as a fan? A ;ounce back year beating ISU and either Nebraska or Wisconsin. A downright miserable season where you Ferentz fire crew get the change you want or for those of the most faith a BIG title or, and a playoff berth?

I personally see a 7 or 8 win season with a big win sprinkled in over Wisconsin .
Head: 8-9 wins if everyone stays healthy and the ball bounces Iowa's way.
Heart: Unbeaten regular season. A stunning upset of Ohio State in the B1G championship game. A shellacking of Oregon in the Cotton Bowl semifinal. And finally a beatdown of Auburn in the National Title game. 15-0! And some would still complain that the Hawkeyes didn't go to the Rose Bowl. :)

Reactions: hawkcub
9-3 or better and beating ISU, Ill St. and at least two of Minnesota, Nebraska and Wisconsin. Top 2 in division.
Another vote for this. It's exactly what I'm thinking. Sad thing is, it's mostly schedule driven
not talent.

Is it on Ferentz or the program as a whole in your opinion? I hear all the time about Iowa having a low populace and little National appeal, but I think there are enough good players for Iowa to grab them.

Is it the type of system Ferentz is running! I just don't know,but he sure as heck produces good lineman.
Good question. Not necessarily to straddle the fence, but probably some of both. Iowa, due to several factors will always have trouble competing against the elites. I do think the Ferentz's ultra conservative style has gotten stagnant, and some new blood at the helm.

First, I voted wins, wins, wins in the OPs poll. Who cares a carp about change, change, change, if we continue to flounder on the field with wins and losses.

How would you feel about it if:

Iowa finished 8-4 overall this season? With that 8-4 included a loss to Iowa State and included a 5-3 B1G record. Those 3 losses in the B1G were to Wisconsin,Indiana (that would be a bad loss), and Nebraska. It also includes beating Minnesota.

Also consider Iowa has what's considered by some as the easiest schedule among all Power 5 schools in 2015.

This is respected beat writer Rick Brown's predictions for this year.

Good question. Not necessarily to straddle the fence, but probably some of both. Iowa, due to several factors will always have trouble competing against the elites. I do think the Ferentz's ultra conservative style has gotten stagnant, and some new blood at the helm.

Win over the teams we are suppose to win over and pull an upset or two along the way! And not some come from behind win by a small margin against someone we were supposed to have won by two scores+! Not asking for too much am I? :)

I think a 7 or 8 win season might be the worst thing for fans and the program. Ferentz most likely will not be let go after a season like that. 9 or more wins will bring excitement for the team. Less than 6 and its a no brainer to let kf go.

This team needs something to be excited about. Either a great season from kf or a new coach.

Agree, the standard mediocre 7 wins is worst case scenario.

Agree 100%. Either ferentz redeems himself with a magical year or gtfo train wreck please.

I care more about the quality of the play on the field than I do the final w/l record. I have grown tired of watching Ferentz / Davis' offensively challenged and uber conservative approach.

I want to see some life breathed back into Kinnick. Become Relevant again. Highly Ranked teams that come into Kinnick should be on upset alert. No more trying to run out the clock if you're up by a td in the 1st half. Not playing sphincter-tight because someone might make a mistake or go off-script. Stuff like that.

I remember that 2009 game against Michigan on ABC . It was a rocking environment, night games in Kinnick used to be last like night games in the Bayou. Get that feeling back athletic department and you'll regain some faith.

Break the season into thirds; go 3-1 for each four-game section. I'd take 9-3. Must beat ISU x 2.

Reactions: cidsports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT