ADVERTISEMENT

What did I just eat????

Keeps your paper plates from blowing away in the wind. What's not to like?
That is why you keep the staff around during meals...to chase down the paper plates. Its a hilarious game to watch them running all over the place to catch the plates. I usually have one extra staff person than paper plates and when the game is over the one who doesn't catch a plate gets fired.

good times

Reactions: The Tradition
So enough of the shitty frozen pizza talk, tell me more about this seasoning!

My dad and a friend came up with a recipe for a seasoning blend over 40 years ago. It consists of nine different ingredients. Salt is the main ingredient, but the eight others complement it very well. While originally intended to be used on meats for grilling, it has many other uses. Anything that hits the grill gets a dose. We also use it in soups. I like to use it to put a seer on a roast with it before it goes into the crock pot. As mentioned above, also great on roasted/grilled vegetables, fries and tots. You would use it like Lawry's or something similar. There are about 15 posters on HROT that have tried it. @McLovin32 , @Hawkman98 , @ping72 and @CJ Beat Hard to name a few. Shoot me an email if you would like to give it a try, the first one is on me. We sell anywhere from 700-1,000 jars/year to people all over the country. I also have friends in Europe and China that use it religiously.

When my dad passed away six years ago, my sister and I took over making it and sending it out. We always mix it at home, in NW Iowa. My sister bought the house we grew up in. I sit at the same bar in the basement where dad mixed it and still use the same mixing bowls.

Last edited:
My dad and a friend came up with a recipe for a seasoning blend over 40 years ago. It consists of nine different ingredients. Salt is the main ingredient, but the eight others complement it very well. While originally intended to be used on meats for grilling, it has many other uses. Anything that hits the grill gets a dose. We also use it in soups. I like to use it to put a seer on a roast with it before it goes into the crock pot. As mentioned above, also great on roasted/grilled vegetables, fries and tots. You would use it like Lawry's or something similar. There are about 15 posters on HROT that have tried it. @McLovin32 , @Hawkman98 , @ping72 and @CJ Beat Hard to name a few. Shoot me an email if you would like to give it a try, the first one is on me. We sell anywhere from 700-1,000 jars/year to people all over the country. I also have friends in Europe and China that use it religiously.
Will agree, it is great! We use it on most things that we grill

Reactions: McLovin32

When my dad passed away five years ago, my sister and I took over making it and sending it out. We always mix it at home, in NW Iowa. My sister bought the house we grew up in. I sit at the same bar in the basement where dad mixed it and still use the same mixing bowls.

Thanks, will do. I thinking also maybe trying it with dry batter for fish.

Reactions: jasonrann
Thanks, will do. I thinking also maybe trying it with dry batter for fish.

Absolutely do that, forgot to mention that. We always donate to some local places back home that do a weekly fish fry during lent. The wife uses it in the batter we use for fish tacos also.

Absolutely do that, forgot to mention that. We always donate to some local places back home that do a weekly fish fry during lent. The wife uses it in the batter we use for fish tacos also.
Awesome, thanks. We use a lot of Gus' Greek (originated in North Iowa) on meats, but not so much for other stuff and always looking for something new and different.

And it's really cool that you and your sister are carrying on the family tradition.

Awesome, thanks. We use a lot of Gus' Greek (originated in North Iowa) on meats, but not so much for other stuff and always looking for something new and different.

And it's really cool that you and your sister are carrying on the family tradition.

I use Cavender's on a burger occasionally, but otherwise stick to the family blend.

Dad worked for a Chevrolet dealership in Le Mars, Iowa for 50 years. For about 25 of those years, he had a parts route throughout NW Iowa. If you were on the route, he gave everyone his seasoning. That got it in the hands of quite a few people. Then their family members and friends start wanting it. Dad was a pretty social guy so it was a great way for him to connect with people. He always carried it in his truck in case he wanted to give some out. I will never forget when I was a kid, we were camping at Okoboji and dad was making hamburgers on the grill. Three people stopped and asked him what he put on the burgers because it smelled so good. Fun stuff. At the visitation before his funeral, no less than 20 people coming through the line to greet us asked if we had the recipe and would continue making it.

Ok, so my best girl friend (no pic) from college chimed in with her favored Totino's pizza preparation method. Air fryer. Please discuss.

I use Cavender's on a burger occasionally, but otherwise stick to the family blend.

Dad worked for a Chevrolet dealership in Le Mars, Iowa for 50 years. For about 25 of those years, he had a parts route throughout NW Iowa. If you were on the route, he gave everyone his seasoning. That got it in the hands of quite a few people. Then their family members and friends start wanting it. Dad was a pretty social guy so it was a great way for him to connect with people. He always carried it in his truck in case he wanted to give some out. I will never forget when I was a kid, we were camping at Okoboji and dad was making hamburgers on the grill. Three people stopped and asked him what he put on the burgers because it smelled so good. Fun stuff. At the visitation before his funeral, no less than 20 people coming through the line to greet us asked if we had the recipe and would continue making it.

I’m interested in this seasoning. You’re from LeMars?

When my dad passed away five years ago, my sister and I took over making it and sending it out. We always mix it at home, in NW Iowa. My sister bought the house we grew up in. I sit at the same bar in the basement where dad mixed it and still use the same mixing bowls.
I highly recommend this as a great seasoning for pretty much anything. I even have used it on popcorn. Great tasting seasoning!!

I’m interested in this seasoning. You’re from LeMars?

I grew up in a small town a few miles east of Le Mars and went to high school in Remsen. I worked at a restaurant in Le Mars all through high school and early college so I have a lot of friends in Le Mars also. I moved away after college and now live in Kansas City. I still have family up there as my sister bought the home that we grew up in from my mom after our dad passed away five years ago. I get back up there at least 5-6 times/year. Are you from there as well? Shoot me an email or private message on here if you'd like to try the seasoning.

For all of you that placed orders, they'll ship early next week. Productive day, 13 batches, 120 jars and three biggins. Dad's bar aka production lab in NW Iowa. Cheers!

83113184_10218481406339306_4515905056565886976_o.jpg

I would throw down on those bad boys when I was a broke college student. I like to get some every now and then to relive my glory days.

Cool stuff. Is that Dad's picture on the bottles too?

Yup, dad's picture is on it. It's called Klutz Kupp seasoning as that was his nickname. He was given that name as a child from an old Luxembourger that owned the local bar. It means knucklehead in Luxembourg.

Reactions: FranklinHawk
For all of you that placed orders, they'll ship early next week. Productive day, 13 batches, 120 jars and three biggins. Dad's bar aka production lab in NW Iowa. Cheers!

83113184_10218481406339306_4515905056565886976_o.jpg
One of these things is not like the other. A tallboy of keystone light? Has to be a story behind that...

One of these things is not like the other. A tallboy of keystone light? Has to be a story behind that...

Dad used to drink Keystone Light or pretty much any beer for that matter. After his funeral, six years ago today, I was drinking that beer. I had a flower from one of his flower arrangements and put it in the empty can. It has been there ever since. CSB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT