ADVERTISEMENT

What did we expect?

Hawkbaby

Team MVP
Apr 4, 2018
With the performance of the offensive line the last couple years and the ineptitude of the the entire offensive, why would Proctor think that the current staff would make him ready for the Pro’s. Most 17 and 18 year olds don’t look very far in the future or back very far in the past. The recent performance of the offense and immediate cash from NIL is what is staring him straight in the face. I don’t think he has handled it particularly well but it is what it is. This is way more of a reflection on the offense and coaching staff and offensive recruiting than it is on the kid.

With the performance of the offensive line the last couple years and the ineptitude of the the entire offensive, why would Proctor think that the current staff would make him ready for the Pro’s. Most 17 and 18 year olds don’t look very far in the future or back very far in the past. The recent performance of the offense and immediate cash from NIL is what is staring him straight in the face. I don’t think he has handled it particularly well but it is what it is. This is way more of a reflection on the offense and coaching staff and offensive recruiting than it is on the kid.
Funny he would compare himself and his goals to Tristan Wirfs, then, huh?

It’s the money, money, money and that’s it, nothing more, nothing less. And it’s done, we’ll move on !

Reactions: SB_SB
You just don't get it. The only reason Iowa had a chance to start with was the coaching staff. This year didn't help but it's not the reason he changed his mind.

Reactions: iowaathletes
You just don't get it. The only reason Iowa had a chance to start with was the coaching staff. This year didn't help but it's not the reason he changed his mind.
Agree. If I’m a defensive player, I jump at the chance to play for Phil Parker coached D, offensive player with this ultra conservative offense? No thanks.

Reactions: shudaddy
Agree. If I’m a defensive player, I jump at the chance to play for Phil Parker coached D, offensive player with this ultra conservative offense? No thanks.
So you don't think that having Kirk Ferentz as the HC doesn't have any impact on offensive line recruits? LOL.

Oh…so if Iowa met the offer he wouldn’t come back? There can only be ONE answer to fit your narrative!
It’s not my narrative. It’s what Eickholt said on a podcast yesterday. Its the Hawk of the Storm guy that said the last visit with the Iowa staff was not good from the Proctor’s perspective. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure why any non white player would play for a coach that ignored racial bias complaints from players for over a decade and then threw one of his oldest friends under the bus to save his son's and own ass and made a fake committee to put a band aid on it, only to dump that charade 2 weeks after his big extension was signed. Kirk is a shady self serving fuk, surprised Kadyn ever considered Iowa.

It’s not my narrative. It’s what Eickholt said on a podcast yesterday. Its the Hawk of the Storm guy that said the last visit with the Iowa staff was not good from the Proctor’s perspective. 🤷‍♂️
Yep. Easy for some KF apologist to just blame it on the $ but it sounds like a culmination of things. Sounds like he hit it off with other bama recruits who may not have been committed when he visited before and buying into the whole Bama allure more this time. Obviously more $ helps but also shock playing in an offense that isn't bottom 10 2 years in a row run by Fredo.

Yep. Easy for some KF apologist to just blame it on the $ but it sounds like a culmination of things. Sounds like he hit it off with other bama recruits who may not have been committed when he visited before and buying into the whole Bama allure more this time. Obviously more $ helps but also shock playing in an offense that isn't bottom 10 2 years in a row run by Fredo.

Yea, crazy he ever committed to us at. Seems dumb to me…fortunately he got some money, so he wasn’t stuck with us.

Not sure why any non white player would play for a coach that ignored racial bias complaints from players for over a decade and then threw one of his oldest friends under the bus to save his son's and own ass and made a fake committee to put a band aid on it, only to dump that charade 2 weeks after his big extension was signed. Kirk is a shady self serving fuk, surprised Kadyn ever considered Iowa.

Me too… in fact, as I look back, you have to question the intelligence of every damn player we’ve signed since then!

Of course I suppose it is conceivable maybe they are smarter than some of our fans and did their due diligence and reached out to former black players, and found out, it wasn’t quite the way it was reported!?

That seems about as logical as just being to dumb to know better, but hey, your probably right !

Did all of our wide receivers leave because of the money? I don’t like the NIL anymore than anyone else. We have let one generation of teenagers instant wants override the decades of investment by fans, colleges and players and completely changed the game for the worse. But if anyone thinks that the performance of the coaching staff on offense doesn’t have anything to do with his decision has their head in the sand

its the money and the bad offense, the kid told Eickholdt that

So with out the money would he or would he have not stayed at Iowa? I mean he was here, here, here and then the money…

Did Iowas offense somehow get worse after he got offered a bunch of money 😊 hell I just made myself laugh

So with out the money would he or would he have not stayed at Iowa? I mean he was here, here, here and then the money…

Did Iowas offense somehow get worse after he got offered a bunch of money 😊 hell I just made myself laugh
I think the visits don’t happen with a good offense this year

I think the visits don’t happen with a good offense this year

To be fair and I know this is gonna piss you off that’s what you want to be true…

I don’t know what this kid got and I love the Iowa Hawkeyes but a 500,000 or million dollar check to go somewhere else it wouldn’t be a hard decision for me and I’m actually not a very materialistic guy. But $1 million wisely invested at 18 years of age holy shit surely you know what that adds up to, in fact, I’m in my office right now and I am a financial advisor. I’ll tell you what it is..

500K at 8% over the next 30 years equals 5 mill, 1 mill = 10mill.

Pretty much a no-brainer… now if the offers were similar, and he really wanted to go to Iowa sure I suppose the offense would’ve come in to play!

My number one complaint with this board is everybody has presuppositions, and they just want certain things to be true to fuel an agenda. I mean there’s a bazillion outliers out there my Lord they brought in one of the best transfer quarterbacks in the nation. Why the **** wasn’t he upset about the offense or the four-star tackle from Indiana but our fans who hate Kirk F need badly for Kayden Proctor to have left because of the offense it’s just super limited thinking for me… But with that said… Nah I’m not gonna say that …

I’ll say this instead some people look through a very narrow lens and some look through a very wide one!

Reactions: WadeLookingbill

Iowa’s offense indeed did go from really bad when he committed in the summer to falling off a cliff bad throughout the fall. It’s not complicated.

I'm guessing you're not sure about a lot things.

At some point, the defensive players are going to back away...they want to win too.

Don't agree. His mom didn't want him going to Iowa from the get go. It was him against his family and that is a hard thing to maintain for a highschooler.

Hmmm new information…that’s not going to fly with the agenda in here cuz!

Why did he stay committed?
Because he didn’t want to disappoint iowa fans. Because SE Polk and Iowa have the same colors. Because his favorite color is blue. Because iowa has nice weather in the winter. How the heck am I supposed to know this?!?

Don't agree. His mom didn't want him going to Iowa from the get go. It was him against his family and that is a hard thing to maintain for a highschooler.
I think if the offense was better he would have been able to hold Mom at bay, as it was, he was probably thinking this offense won’t get Iowa to the next level..why not get paid and play in championship games

Reactions: shudaddy
Delete your account.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
They actually have won quite a bit, top 15-20 last several years.

When do you think they’ll quit coming?!
Just saying that the overall team is as important as a particularly player's unit or specialty. You'd think any defensive player would look at what Phil Parker has done and want to play for him. But they're also aware of what's being said about the team in general. All the negative (sometimes embarrassing) National coverage that Iowa's offense got this year can't help recruiting, even if you're on the defensive side of the ball.

Because he didn’t want to disappoint iowa fans. Because SE Polk and Iowa have the same colors. Because his favorite color is blue. Because iowa has nice weather in the winter. How the heck am I supposed to know this?!?

Well I’m sure you understand the implication. We DONT know anything other than a significant money offer and we have many fans that want insure us it’s the offense!

Yet it wasn’t the offense for cade McNamara, or Eric, all or Trevor Lauck, or any other O-player we signed!

Just saying that the overall team is as important as a particularly player's unit or specialty. You'd think any defensive player would look at what Phil Parker has done and want to play for him. But they're also aware of what's being said about the team in general. All the negative (sometimes embarrassing) National coverage that Iowa's offense got this year can't help recruiting, even if you're on the defensive side of the ball.

I do know the fan negativity sure frustrated Jack Campbell, that’s for sure!

I think if the offense was better he would have been able to hold Mom at bay, as it was, he was probably thinking this offense won’t get Iowa to the next level..why not get paid and play in championship games
Yeah maybe but she was against Iowa regardless of the offense.
But really I just want to focus on what is next for Iowa. Looks like they are going after the transfer from Stanford. They should be getting a legit playmaker today and are still in on their top two WR transfer targets.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I expect people to stop talking about a kid not coming to Iowa. It stings I get it. But, rehashing every f'n thing is exhausting.
Dude, it's an Iowa recruiting board! Do you think people are going to just forget the biggest recruit in Iowa's history?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT