ADVERTISEMENT

What did we expect?

So you don't think that having Kirk Ferentz as the HC doesn't have any impact on offensive line recruits? LOL.
Whatever positive impact having KF as the HC has on offensive line recruits is completed negated by the negative impact having BF & GB as the OC & OL coaches, respectively. lol

I think if the offense was better he would have been able to hold Mom at bay, as it was, he was probably thinking this offense won’t get Iowa to the next level..why not get paid and play in championship games

So after the big money he still would have been able to keep mom away? I don’t think they are very well off..

Your saying if you got 1 mill to go to School A and 200 to school B, your parents would say school B is the answer!

All I can say is wow! Not me!

Bottom line, despite the evidence we signed, or are signing a lot of other offensive players, including cade McNamara once again, and Trevor lauck a very good O-tackle on his own, right… We have an element that is insistent it’s the offense ?

Why is that do you think? Why is it sooo important to blame the offense & Why wasn’t it for those other 2 cats?

You don’t have to be very smart to connect the dots there!

Whatever positive impact having KF as the HC has on offensive line recruits is completed negated by the negative impact having BF & GB as the OC & OL coaches, respectively. lol

Hmmmm except for Trevor Lauck? Odd…really really odd in fact?

I wonder if anything else is in play?

Yep. Easy for some KF apologist to just blame it on the $ but it sounds like a culmination of things. Sounds like he hit it off with other bama recruits who may not have been committed when he visited before and buying into the whole Bama allure more this time. Obviously more $ helps but also shock playing in an offense that isn't bottom 10 2 years in a row run by Fredo.

Why did Cade McNamara come on board?

winning would be aided by a slightly below average offense. Why is it hard for you to admit that the offense has held the team back from winning more, p;erhaps recruiting wins, etc?

My Lord, do you only selectively read my post **** me I’m not even gonna respond to that!

I mean it’s fine if you selectively read them but don’t make shit up man!

I believe in the totality of a product and not a narrow view of life & you do… Clearly by the fact that you don’t know, I’ve had plenty to say about the offense, let’s just not talk anymore!

I super struggle with blind thought processes! Please put me on ignore!

My Lord, do you only selectively read my post **** me I’m not even gonna respond to that!

I believe in the totality of a product and not a narrow view of life & you do… Clearly by the fact that you don’t know, I’ve had plenty to say about the offense, let’s just not talk anymore!

The totality of the iowa offense is that it’s broken and historically bad. And we are losing recruits, getting slammed nationally, and losing current players on both sides of the ball because of it.

blind is thinking getting a better offense could hurt the defense…still the biggest piece of philosphoical bullshit I’ve ever read

The totality of the iowa offense is that it’s broken and historically bad. And we are losing recruits, getting slammed nationally, and losing current players on both sides of the ball because of it.

This I don’t even remotely believe….we wouldn’t sign ANY recruits if this was true.
And we would have lost a battalion of players like Texas A&M…

We would’ve never ever got Cade McNamara if this was true or his TE partner or any other Offensive recruits in particular, and based on what you’re telling me probably any defensive recruit.

I’m really glad you brought it up, because this by 1000 is my problem with you and anybody else who continually sells this propaganda.

We had a historically bad offense like you suggested and yet, I watched every game & after the 1s 3 disgusting games. The amount of love and positivity the announcers spewed on Iowa, as a result of their defense was astronomical. I mean honestly I could hardly believe it!

Does our piss, poor offense help our image? Absolutely not, but again you cannot pick and choose who leaves because of our offense and who doesn’t otherwise you’re splitting hairs all the time!

**** for all, I know McNamara came simply because our offense was so bad! And you guys continually perpetuating it on a message board definitely doesn’t help our image! If you’re really that concerned about it!

So let’s review, because although I think you track pretty good, there are a lot of these cats who don’t…

BF bad…yes

Offense bad…yes

OL bad yes…

WR bad…yes…

Our fans want it to be the sole # 1 reason for EVERY failure… extremely stupid, take and wouldn’t fly in any board room in America because…

McNamara came, Kaleb Johnson a terrific Rber is staying, Lachey staying, in fact pretty much most of the team is staying we now know, despite being the board narrative that Iowas transfer out is not in any way, shape or form bad…

Lastly, you’re trying to tell me the team that even after losing KP is probably going to finish around the top 30 for national recruits… That they are all really pissed off about the offense … and yet still coming?!

Yeah, that makes sense…Doh!!

blind is thinking getting a better offense could hurt the defense…still the biggest piece of philosphoical bullshit I’ve ever read

Already addressed this three times with you you know what I’ve said I laid it out plainly and you never respond to be laying it out plainly just so you can keep this stupid narrative alive!

Not even gonna try again! You’re just being a dick at this point in time. At least be funny or informative, don’t hide!

Just for anybody else stupid enough to believe what you’re saying and I doubt there are many, never once did I say improving the offense would hurt the defense.

What I said was changing the narrative from defense defense defense first and foremost could definitely hurt the offense and although you apparently aren’t bright enough to figure it out plenty are!!

Yea, crazy he ever committed to us at. Seems dumb to me…fortunately he got some money, so he wasn’t stuck with us.
Why would it be dumb and crazy to commit to Iowa. The coaching staff and developed a lot of NFL linemen, he would be up against a lot of really good defenses and defensive ends, etc.

The offensive tackle spot is in a spotlight of scrutiny and you can prove your worth even on 8-4 and 9-3 teams. If Proctor was really a big hawk fan he would come here, prove himself, make some NIL, and make a ton in the pros.

He might be on a more winning team somewhere else if he is ok putting on that school's uniform. If he goes elsewhere then he must not have been a really big hawk fan.

This I don’t even remotely believe….we wouldn’t sign ANY recruits if this was true.
And we would have lost a battalion of players like Texas A&M…

We would’ve never ever got Cade McNamara if this was true or his TE partner or any other Offensive recruits in particular, and based on what you’re telling me probably any defensive recruit.

I’m really glad you brought it up, because this by 1000 is my problem with you and anybody else who continually sells this propaganda.

We had a historically bad offense like you suggested and yet, I watched every game & after the 1s 3 disgusting games. The amount of love and positivity the announcers spewed on Iowa, as a result of their defense was astronomical. I mean honestly I could hardly believe it!

Does our piss, poor offense help our image? Absolutely not, but again you cannot pick and choose who leaves because of our offense and who doesn’t otherwise you’re splitting hairs all the time!

**** for all, I know McNamara came simply because our offense was so bad! And you guys continually perpetuating it on a message board definitely doesn’t help our image! If you’re really that concerned about it!

So let’s review, because although I think you track pretty good, there are a lot of these cats who don’t…

BF bad…yes

Offense bad…yes

OL bad yes…

WR bad…yes…

Our fans want it to be the sole # 1 reason for EVERY failure… extremely stupid, take and wouldn’t fly in any board room in America because…

McNamara came, Kaleb Johnson a terrific Rber is staying, Lachey staying, in fact pretty much most of the team is staying we now know, despite being the board narrative that Iowas transfer out is not in any way, shape or form bad…

Lastly, you’re trying to tell me the team that even after losing KP is probably going to finish around the top 30 for national recruits… That they are all really pissed off about the offense … and yet still coming?!

Yeah, that makes sense…Doh!!
Since you bring up board rooms, tell me a board room in America where Brian Ferentz would still have a job and continue in any capacity?!? Hell even Pat McAfee said Brian should be fired on College Gameday.

Not a chance but I’m not surprised thats your take!
Hmmm let me see a 5* 18 HS kid with offers to any school in the country all offering him the world and a boat load of $. Vs a 22 yr old transfer in the portal who plays position where only 1 person starts. Who has options but not the pick of his choosing but select set of schools and looking for one he plays right away unlike said HS player who doesn't need to start day one. If you can't see the difference between the two and how they may have different priorities when selecting a school then that's on you chief.

Pat McAfee the drunk?...
Pat is same person in same statement said Iowa is a sleeping giant if they can get a half way decent offense and has always been pretty complimentary of them being good. He's friends with Dallas Clark and talks about that and his Iowa ties and give lot of props to TE U. Also huge Tory Taylor fan. Not like he did it was an agenda to take a random cheap shot.

In my opinion, Iowa fans have every right to be upset with how the coaching situation has turned out with the offensive side of the ball. I don’t think we have any right to be upset about Kadyn going to Alabama. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Iron Doc
Why would it be dumb and crazy to commit to Iowa. The coaching staff and developed a lot of NFL linemen, he would be up against a lot of really good defenses and defensive ends, etc.

The offensive tackle spot is in a spotlight of scrutiny and you can prove your worth even on 8-4 and 9-3 teams. If Proctor was really a big hawk fan he would come here, prove himself, make some NIL, and make a ton in the pros.

He might be on a more winning team somewhere else if he is ok putting on that school's uniform. If he goes elsewhere then he must not have been a really big hawk fan.

Look around the board my friend! Plenty of folks in here will tell you why it would be dumb to come to Iowa!

Reactions: Iron Doc
Since you bring up board rooms, tell me a board room in America where Brian Ferentz would still have a job and continue in any capacity?!? Hell even Pat McAfee said Brian should be fired on College Gameday.
Lol… totally agree but I’m not really thinking, You’re that surprised I can agree with this..

In my opinion, he needs move down the road badly, but that’s a different argument.!

We have fans who have arbitrarily, because it fits their agenda, decided players, C,FL & N have left because of our offense, yet they haven’t accounted for the rest of the alphabet?!

Your query back to me was a very good one, and I admire it… But again it’s not the issue.

On the other hand, your buddy ClarindA massively struggles with comprehension!!

Hmmm let me see a 5* 18 HS kid with offers to any school in the country all offering him the world and a boat load of $. Vs a 22 yr old transfer in the portal who plays position where only 1 person starts. Who has options but not the pick of his choosing but select set of schools and looking for one he plays right away unlike said HS player who doesn't need to start day one. If you can't see the difference between the two and how they may have different priorities when selecting a school then that's on you chief.

So you’re telling me a kid with only two years of eligibility left, would naturally pick the worst offense in America to showcase his ability to get to the NFL, and the other kid who can go anywhere, has decided to go to the places that paid him the most money… No friend I believe that’s on you!

I’m also super proud of myself for laying it out in it’s most simplest form, because we both know I say too much😊

Last edited:
So you’re telling me a kid with only two years of eligibility left, would naturally pick the worst offense in America to showcase his ability to get to the NFL, and the other kid who can go anywhere, has decided to go to the places that paid him the most money… No friend I believe that’s on you!

I’m also super proud of my self for laying it out it’s most simplest form, because we both know I say too much😊
One Cade said why picked Iowa in his interview with Palmer and Allen and reasons behind it and things with the offense that were told to him. Also Procter choose bama for a variety of reasons and yes $ is one of them, but not the sole reason. Because Oregon offered just as much. Again my point it's an apples to oranges comparison because believe it or not kids have different priorities or rank things different when choosing a school. Such as playing time for McNamara was a lot higher than NIL $ as it was for Procter and maybe that's one reason why one is at Iowa and the other isn't.

One Cade said why picked Iowa in his interview with Palmer and Allen and reasons behind it and things with the offense that were told to him. Also Procter choose bama for a variety of reasons and yes $ is one of them, but not the sole reason. Because Oregon offered just as much. Again my point it's an apples to oranges comparison because believe it or not kids have different priorities or rank things different when choosing a school. Such as playing time for McNamara was a lot higher than NIL $ as it was for Procter and maybe that's one reason why one is at Iowa and the other isn't.

Bingo yet as an opportunity to talk shade at the coaching staff for the office wanted to get in we’ve got people running up and down the board trying to pretend like Proctor laughed because of the offense….

And there in lies my complaint with this whole entire bitching section of this board. They don’t have an F-ing clue what they are talking about.

YET, Cade who desperately needs a good offense to showcase his abilities, has come on board.

Pretty telling….

This whole climate we now have is why I have been adamantly against the NIL money flow. The "haves" will have much more now. They can buy a great team. Everyone else - oh well. Major turn off to me.
That's where the portal acts as a check on "buying" a team; look at Texas A&M. Number one recruiting class a year ago and now they've got 22 guys in the portal and rumors of the team imploding because of late or entirely missing NIL payments. NIL and the portal will eventually even itself out as more donors realize that shelling out millions of dollars with minimal results is a waste of time and more portal players either dropping to FCS or entirely out of football realize that sticking it out might be the better option.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Bingo yet as an opportunity to talk shade at the coaching staff for the office wanted to get in we’ve got people running up and down the board trying to pretend like Proctor laughed because of the offense….

And there in lies my complaint with this whole entire bitching section of this board. They don’t have an F-ing clue what they are talking about.

YET, Cade who desperately needs a good offense to showcase his abilities, has come on board.

Pretty telling….
Because it has been reported by credible people on 24/7 that the offense woes was an issue with KP. Only reason? No, but it's one of many why he flipped. Any criticism or shade thrown at BF and offense staff after last 2 years is warranted. When recruits and players in the portal are turned off by what they've seen with their own 2 eyes and why they don't want to come here it's tough to argue against their reasoning. Part of the reason we lost a 4* RB.

As for McNamara even guys in the interview asked him about the Iowa offense and why he would want to come here with how bad it has been. He's been told things would change and "open up" and also he wants to be the guy to change the narrative along with his past relationship to Budymer who recruited him to Wisconsin helped. Good for cade I'm glad he's up for the challenge. He believes what they coaches told him and they aren't lying about it and hopefully it's true about the changes.

Because it has been reported by credible people on 24/7 that the offense woes was an issue with KP. Only reason? No, but it's one of many why he flipped. Any criticism or shade thrown at BF and offense staff after last 2 years is warranted. When recruits and players in the portal are turned off by what they've seen with their own 2 eyes and why they don't want to come here it's tough to argue against their reasoning. Part of the reason we lost a 4* RB.

As for McNamara even guys in the interview asked him about the Iowa offense and why he would want to come here with how bad it has been. He's been told things would change and "open up" and also he wants to be the guy to change the narrative along with his past relationship to Budymer who recruited him to Wisconsin helped. Good for cade I'm glad he's up for the challenge. He believes what they coaches told him and they aren't lying about it and hopefully it's true about the changes.

But KP didn’t and therefore the coaches get shade?

Cade did believe it and what do the coaches get, anything?!

Or is it all negative no good?

I will credit you for making it the most simple it could be, but therein lies the rub from your tribe. We get all negative no positive.

On a sidenote, my original post was a disaster. I don’t even know how the hell you could’ve read it… I forgot to edit after talking.

In all honesty, I don’t really have the time for this bullshit!

Lol… totally agree but I’m not really thinking, You’re that surprised I can agree with this..

In my opinion, he needs move down the road badly, but that’s a different argument.!

We have fans who have arbitrarily, because it fits their agenda, decided players, C,FL & N have left because of our offense, yet they haven’t accounted for the rest of the alphabet?!

Your query back to me was a very good one, and I admire it… But again it’s not the issue.

On the other hand, your buddy ClarindA massively struggles with comprehension!!
I comprehend, you just can’t grasp reality

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Our Offense will be sub-abysmal until Capt Fossil rides off/is pushed out into the sunset.
Ol' Charlie and now Proctor bailed before it was too late.
CAN'T imagine why McNamara is coming to THIS Offense.

I comprehend, you just can’t grasp reality

You cannot comprehend anything, within the next 3 to 7 days. Once again, you’ll be back trying to tell me, I said some shit I didn’t say and have now gone over at least 4 times.

So no I’m not sure you could find your ass with both hands.!

You cannot comprehend anything, within the next 3 to 7 days. Once again, you’ll be back trying to tell me, I said some shit I didn’t say and have now gone over at least 4 times.

So no I’m not sure you could find your ass with both hands.!
You said that the defense would suffer if we focused on improving the offense. In your head, you think defensive coaches would slack, or that somehow the offensive coaches are spending time on defense now. It was a stupid argument with zero merit. You are the worst of the Pollyanna folks. I’m happy with our defense, happy with getting recruits, not happy with the offense, and the offense didn’t help with Proctor, but you act like that’s blasphemy

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
You said that the defense would suffer if we focused on improving the offense. In your head, you think defensive coaches would slack, or that somehow the offensive coaches are spending time on defense now. It was a stupid argument with zero merit. You are the worst of the Pollyanna folks. I’m happy with our defense, happy with getting recruits, not happy with the offense, and the offense didn’t help with Proctor, but you act like that’s blasphemy
I find it somewhat ironic that we lost big contributors on defense in Roberts and Jacobs, and I think a lot of us have the utmost confidence in Phil. Like we may not get any big help in the portal for the defense but Phil will find a way to have the defense being great. He always does. Completely opposite for the other side of the ball.

Reactions: ClarindaA's

Hmmm Pollyanna, under the circumstances and by comparison that’s probably a good thing. At least coming from you…

I gave you a good out of sports analogy and my belief is one day, they’ll be more focused on putting the best players on Offense instead of Defense and instead of a consistent top 10 D it will be more like a consistent top 30ish.

I/E: Dejean, Micha Hyde, Edds, could have should have played LBer, X, Greenway, same as Edds, only about 50 LBers, DEs, DBs who maybe should have played O and improved it greatly!!

We also will up our tempo & aggression and likely give opposing offense more chances while increasing ours.

PS…. I had to look up the definition of Pollyanna to make sure I still understood it correctly. Yes I am indeed, cheerful and optimistic.😜 thanks for the compliment…

That’s why I’m so kind on here…

Pol·ly·an·na
/ˌpälēˈanə/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. an excessively cheerful or optimistic person.
    "what I am saying makes me sound like some aging Pollyanna who just wants to pretend that all is sweetness and light"

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT