ADVERTISEMENT

What did you think of Trump before he ran for President?

Ex wife and I used to watch apprentice way back when. Well more her then me. Omarosa🤭. To answer your question I didn't think of him.

Grift and graft doofus. I told the story several times here. I worked for a design studio that did work for Trump, Inc. The guy is trash. Damn near everybody who voted for him and will vote for him again, if their server shorted them a dollar or two on their change at their favorite Applebee's, would deem that person a thief of low morality and that would be that, no excuses accepted. Oddly, Trump cheats everybody, literally looting people's livelihoods, and somehow it's overlooked. It is just so damned baffling, the disconnect is so baffling.

Last edited:
In about 1990 I was sitting in Mr. Vick’s middle school math classroom, my mind was wandering, I started thinking about Trump, mostly because I had recently learned to play Euchre, and the word was rattling around in my brain. I concluded Trump was an asshole clown. This was reaffirmed during the birther stuff. That hasn’t changed—although I wish I had paid closer attention to Mr Vick; he had a knack for teaching functionally applicable math such as cross multiplication which I often use to this day.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
An uppity, know-it-all yankee who'd never been laid without a fist full of Benjamins.

Until he became POTUS, I had no idea he was also a pedophile.

I knew Filthy Don from Atlantic City. He had the reputation of a con and a scum bag then and hasn't changed, unless its even worse now, when he got some power.

I never knew he was a Republican till the primaries. He always hobnobbed with the Donkeycrats to the best of my recollection...
TRUMPBILL-superJumbo.jpg

Earlier this month, U.S. Rep. Carlos Curbelo, a Florida Republican, made a bold claim on Miami radio. He told host Roberto Rodríguez Tejera that Donald Trump, the Republican presidential candidate who’s currently laying waste to the field of primary challengers, could be in cahoots with Democratic front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton to undermine the GOP race.

“I think there’s a small possibility that this gentleman is a phantom candidate,” Curbelo said on July 10. “Mr. Trump has a close friendship with Bill and Hillary Clinton. They were at his last wedding. He has contributed to the Clintons’ foundation. He has contributed to Mrs. Clinton’s Senate campaigns. All of this is very suspicious.”
bill-clinton-donald-trump.jpg

I never knew he was a Republican till the primaries. He always hobnobbed with the Donkeycrats to the best of my recollection...
TRUMPBILL-superJumbo.jpg

Earlier this month, U.S. Rep. Carlos Curbelo, a Florida Republican, made a bold claim on Miami radio. He told host Roberto Rodríguez Tejera that Donald Trump, the Republican presidential candidate who’s currently laying waste to the field of primary challengers, could be in cahoots with Democratic front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton to undermine the GOP race.

“I think there’s a small possibility that this gentleman is a phantom candidate,” Curbelo said on July 10. “Mr. Trump has a close friendship with Bill and Hillary Clinton. They were at his last wedding. He has contributed to the Clintons’ foundation. He has contributed to Mrs. Clinton’s Senate campaigns. All of this is very suspicious.”

Let's ask the man himself.

He was a complete POS that needed to be punched in the face. I was willing to tolerate him because he really didn't interfere with my daily life and it wasn't hard to ignore him. Not so much these days.

Reactions: blackbones
I never really thought about him until Mrs Radley started watching Celebrity Apprentice. I said he was a bigger douche than I had realized, but the assistants on the show were insufferable self-important douches. Then she explained those douches were his kids.

Trump is a POS, militaristic authoritarian and gets no support from me.
12/31/16...opinion the same. Long before that when I read an article about him in Forbes or Fortune, I just thought he was an obnoxious douche. Soooo, he's grown...in bad ways.

Before: kind of a dick
Now: kind of a dick, who speaks too quickly and tweets too much (as in, at all).

Interesting question actually. I've liked every president in my lifetime better than Trump, as a human that is.

Policy wise he's one of the best. He's anti red tape, I'm a fan of that. He does not like government inefficiency, he supports America first, supports the military, and is for reasonable immigration and strong borders. The economy has done well and has shown better than expected resiliency during coronavirus. And yeah, he's still a dick.

TRUMPBILL-superJumbo.jpg

You never knew it cause he isn't

Before: kind of a dick
Now: kind of a dick, who speaks too quickly and tweets too much (as in, at all).

Interesting question actually. I've liked every president in my lifetime better than Trump, as a human that is.

Policy wise he's one of the best. He's anti red tape, I'm a fan of that. He does not like government inefficiency, he supports America first, supports the military, and is for reasonable immigration and strong borders. The economy has done well and has shown better than expected resiliency during coronavirus. And yeah, he's still a dick.
Policy wise, he’s horrible. He’s done nothing good for the country as a whole.
Worst president ever, and an even worse human.

I thought he was a narcissist and con man. His biggest talent was talking people into investing in the Trump brand. Not a great businessman evidenced by multiple bankruptcies. Unlikely to attract and keep good people because he only values his own opinion.

My introduction to him came from reading The Art of the Deal. It was not long after I had graduated college, and a couple of buddies and I read a lot of business/career oriented books and passed them around. One of them had read it and liked it, the other read it and did not. I read it & fell in the “do not like” camp. Thought he came across as a blowhard & was glad it was someone else who had wasted m9ney on that garbage.

Nothing has ever happened that changed my initial low opinion of him.

ADVERTISEMENT