ADVERTISEMENT

What do the huskers have on offense and defense?

I have a bad feeling. " It's a trap" game. I hope it is not. I hope we roll, but I have little faith in our offense
I think and feel the players know it is not a trap game because without winning they will not go to Indy most likely.

I think they will be very well focused just on this game and not thinking indy or a bowl game

Yes, we have won 4 straight. Yes, we are on the doorstep of an unlikely repeat West title. Yes, the offense has played generally better post-OSU mugging.

But Nebby hasn't just laid down and been cannon fodder for its past few opponents. And our margin of error remains extremely thin. Would a walkover be very welcome? Of course. It'd be sweet...especially since a nervous stomach is not a great thing to have following national Stuff Your Face Day.

But Ol' Doodle won't be holdin' his breath waiting for it. A hard-fought, tight, down-to-the-wire game seems way more likely.

I see it the same way. We have everything to play for and they have zilch. We have a jacked-up Kinnick crowd in our favor that I think will mess with their offensive timing — not to mention our defense. Their D is undisciplined and susceptible to big gains. I expect even our relatively inept offense to put up some points. I think we force some turnovers and give them some short fields, too.

I see a highly motivated home Iowa team generally steamrolling a demoralized Husker squad. Basically a Hawkeye Thanksgiving party in Kinnick. Would be surprised if it were close or a NE win. Then, again, I expected Michigan to woodshed Illinois, so take everything I just said with a sizable grain of salt.
Never underestimate the ability of our offense to suck all the energy out of the stadium.

Nebraska has good skill players on offense, the OL is just fing terrible. Nebraska has had bad olines recently, but this one is on another level of suck. Grant is a good RB, but would have like 3 guys right in his face before he even gets the ball.

Due to the OL, its tough for Nebraska to maintain drives, but Casey Thompson is a good QB, it only take 1 play for Trey Palmer to bust open, and Anthony Grant can make something happen here or there. So they can get into scoring position a few times per game.

The defense has been good enough for Nebraska to win games since Purdue. They just didnt have much help when Thompson was out. With Iowa's anemic offense, they should be fine there, I dont think Iowa will be able to consistently move the ball.

This should be a butt ugly game. Nebraska beat Rutgers 14-13 and lost to Wisconsin 14-15. I expect this game to be similar. Probably just comes down to turnovers and Iowa has the best unit on the field in their defense. If Nebraska had even an average OL I think they would win, but it is just god awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hammer93
Nebraska has good skill players on offense, the OL is just fing terrible. Nebraska hasnt had great oline recently, but this one is on another level of suck. Grant is a good RB, but would have like 3 guys right in his face before he even gets the ball.

Due to the OL, its tough for Nebraska to maintain drives, but Casey Thompson is a good QB, it only take 1 play for Trey Palmer to bust open, and Anthony Grant can make something happen here or there. So they can get into scoring position a few times per game.

The defense has been good enough for Nebraska to win games since Purdue. They just didnt have much help when Thompson was out. With Iowa's anemic offense, they should be fine there, I dont think Iowa will be able to consistently move the ball.

This should be a butt ugly game. Nebraska beat Rutgers 14-13 and lost to Wisconsin 14-15. I expect this game to be similar. Probably just comes down to turnovers and Iowa has the best unit on the field in their defense. If Nebraska had even an average OL I think they would win, but it is just god awful.
We gonna kill you guys!

Hopefully K. Johnson will be our new Nebraska shredder ala Wadley & Goodson!
Of course, it helps when you arrive at the game, youre ready to play, and don't fall asleep between plays......which is exactly what Iowa did the 1st half. They didn't have an answer for Palmer's superior speed (runs a 4.3). But, Nebraska almost choked the chicken again, like they usually do. But, Iowa's wise O.C. played right into Nebraska's hands. What a shame!

ADVERTISEMENT