ADVERTISEMENT

What do you believe are Iran's reason for a nuclear program?

swagsurfer02

HB King
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2010
Curious what different posters from the board think. I'm positive I know the views of IMCC, Arbit8, and Habah. Want to know what others think?

Energy production, defense, etc...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Iran wants to be the big boy on the block in the
Middle East neighborhood. They have always
had an inferiority complex as far as Israel is
concerned. One way to flex their muscles is
to get into the heads of the leaders of Israel
about being able to bomb them off the map.

Originally posted by LuteHawk:

Iran wants to be the big boy on the block in the
Middle East neighborhood. They have always
had an inferiority complex as far as Israel is
concerned. One way to flex their muscles is
to get into the heads of the leaders of Israel
about being able to bomb them off the map.
but Obama says he made so that they were always at least one year away from making a bomb. I'm sure Israel is real happy with the framework agreement

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:
Curious what different posters from the board think. I'm positive I know the views of IMCC, Arbit8, and Habah. Want to know what others think?

Energy production, defense, etc...
Turn Israel into a parking lot that glows in the dark.

So far I've gotten the answers I've expected. I'm waiting for the other side...

WWJD, Natural, Slieb,....hell even Jscott..

Give themselves an even playing field and they are instantly off of the US Government's "Places We Can Invade" list.

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

Originally posted by THE_DEVIL:
Projection of strength.
+1
So they do want a weapon, not energy?
I think so, aren't they already one of the most energy rich nations on the planet? And didn't we and Russia offer to build them nuke plants if they gave back the fuel? So all signs point to military/political reasons for the program to me. That doesn't mean they want to bomb OiT however. I think a big part of it is emotional pride and the sence of security it would bring. It's an expensive killer Binky to pacify a segment of the population. Iranian leaders know what happens when the people aren't pacified, they have revolutions.

Projection of strength.
+1

I don't know if they want a functional weapon and they don't need one with the US helping prop them up they way we are. Our overall actions are giving them the power they want to project.

Projection of strength.
+1
I think so, aren't they already one of the most energy rich nations on the planet?  And didn't we and Russia offer to build them nuke plants if they gave back the fuel?  So all signs point to military/political reasons for the program to me.  That doesn't mean they want to bomb OiT however. I think a big part of it is emotional pride and the sence of security it would bring.  It's an expensive killer Binky to pacify a segment of the population. Iranian leaders know what happens when the people aren't pacified, they have revolutions. 

Who exactly is the people afraid of?

Originally posted by strummingram:
Give themselves an even playing field and they are instantly off of the US Government's "Places We Can Invade" list.
Partly this, but also to keep other Muslim countries at bay.......they are a Shia majority while all other countries near there are Sunni. Plus the Iranians are Persian, not Arab like the rest of the ME which is another reason they may want to project power.

If you define people as the Iranian citizens, FSU gave a good answer, other Muslims. If you mean the people in charge, the answer is probably the crazy citizens they stired up to get power and now must constantly placate to stave off another revolution.

If you define people as the Iranian citizens, FSU gave a good answer, other Muslims. If you mean the people in charge, the answer is probably the crazy citizens they stired up to get power and now must constantly placate to stave off another revolution.

See, defense makes sense. But for the leader of your country to make statements about wiping another out (non Muslim at that)...... I'm suspicious

this madam secretary show tonite, first they show her with a very very nice boob hanging out, not sure if that's supposed to be Hillary-like or not, then they show her trying to conquer putin and Russia, she should conquer iran next on here

See, defense makes sense. But for the leader of your country to make statements about wiping another out (non Muslim at that)...... I'm suspicious
I think that is wise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT