ADVERTISEMENT

What Happens When People Won’t Accept a Supreme Court Decision?

It's one thing for judges to refuse to simply answer questions. But when Judges promise you that something is decided and they wouldn't dare rock the boat and then immediately do it the first chance they get, then they should be removed from their office.
Lying to Congress should have at least some consequences.

I have no idea what you are talking about as from my seat it looks like the "MSM" is pretty much ignoring DeSantis and giving him a free ride right now. My opinions of him are based on the fascist legislation after fascist legislation that he has passed and signed with great fanfair. DeSantis is working damn hard for the fascist label. If you don't see that then you either aren't paying attention or you actually support these laws but won't come out and say it.

So here it is, you ignored us with Trump, twice, and we're telling you now, do NOT SUPPORT DeSantis. He will finish tearing this country apart and wear the resulting split as a badge of honor.
Okey Dokey.
You lefties are scared aren’t you?

We’ve had a society used to having women make their own individual and personal choices for 50 years.
Idiot legislators who think we’ll just roll over and do what some preacher or priest says will find out otherwise.
Cute. But what about the doctors who now legally cannot perform abortions even to save their patients’ lives? Doubt they can afford to be sassy and do what they want because “girl power!”. The idiot legislators already won. Republican voters gave them the W. Nice self-own though, Goldie. You and the other ladies who voted these creeps in really showed us!

Cute. But what about the doctors who now legally cannot perform abortions even to save their patients’ lives? Doubt they can afford to be sassy and do what they want because “girl power!”. The idiot legislators already won. Republican voters gave them the W. Nice self-own though, Goldie. You and the other ladies who voted these creeps in really showed us!

as

I had a ruptured ectopic and the life saving surgery I had was not an abortion.

Like I’ve said in other threads I won’t support some uneducated nut job who wants to deny birth control or any life saving procedure. These extremists will find out soon enough.
Good self own though, right?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Like I’ve said in other threads I won’t support some uneducated nut job who wants to deny birth control or any life saving procedure. These extremists will find out soon enough.
So you didn’t vote for the senators who confirmed Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett?

You already have supported those uneducated nut jobs and extremists. Great job.

Last edited:
And there are more women (and men) today who grew up with the notion that abortion is another form of birth control.

I’ve shared this before but I personally know someone who had FIVE abortions (yes she was a dummy) and when she wanted to have a family she couldn’t get pregnant. The rampant growth in STD’s shows that a lot of very “careless coitus” is goin on.

You may be in favor of partial birth abortion and that’s your personal choice, but I am not.
I don't think it's fair to imply most or even many women who have had multiple abortions equate it to "another form of birth control."

There's a huge disparity in access to birth control for poor, uninsured, and rural women. This is a major reason why the abortion rates for black, hispanic, and immigrant women is 5x that of white women. More than 75% of all abortions likely fall in one of those groups. They can't easily afford or access birth control, and many states are deliberately making it even harder and more expensive.

Here's a great article about the trouble black women have in getting birth control, and also how they are much more likely to suffer medical conditions that make bringing a baby to term extremely dangerous that people need to be aware of

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk...irth-control-access-roe-decision-ma-rcna35924

Reactions: RileyHawk
as

I had a ruptured ectopic and the life saving surgery I had was not an abortion.

You've already said you will, as long as they aren't Trump. Such a hypocrite.

There was a plan to address pensions, but it required a constitutional change and it got voted down. So, Illinois is stuck with a flat tax that doesn't work. Instead, the only plan conservatives in the state seem to have is to stick it to the people who are the victims in all of this (because of course that's what conservatives do). People didn't complain when the pension fund was raided to balance the budgets in the 80's, 90's, 2000's, and 2010's. It was all glory days then, but now that the bill is coming due suddenly the victims have to pay for it.

While I agree that Madigan was central to this process, Pritzker actually has been able to put money back into the pension fund, something no other governor has been able to do. It's not a coincidence that Madigan lost power when Pritzker rose to power. It's not enough to fix the problem, but at least he is making an effort.

As for a 2 party system in Illinois, until a non-white christian nationalist party rises to replace what used to be the Republican Party then that just isn't a viable solution. Illinois Nazis are supposed to be an internet meme, not an actual political force with power. Fortunately, they are no where near having influence here (but they certainly do still exist). Like many midwest retirees, it seems they've moved to Florida.
The Illinois Dems are the political party that created the Illinois constitutional law that makes pension reforms impossible.

The only reason Pritzker was able to increase funding for the pensions was because Biden passed the wink, wink, Covid Bill with $350 billion for states.

Even though Illinois has a law mandating balanced budgets, Pritzker has never delivered a balanced budget.

The downtown lawyer making $500K is not going to leave Chicago but the working class are leaving the state. Illinois has lost population several years in a row.

This year Boeing, Caterpillar and the hedge fund Citadel have all announced they are leaving the state.

Defending Illinois Dems is almost as insane as defending the crazy Trumpers.

The Illinois Dems are the political party that created the Illinois constitutional law that makes pension reforms impossible.

The only reason Pritzker was able to increase funding for the pensions was because Biden passed the wink, wink, Covid Bill with $350 billion for states.

Even though Illinois has a law mandating balanced budgets, Pritzker has never delivered a balanced budget.

The downtown lawyer making $500K is not going to leave Chicago but the working class are leaving the state. Illinois has lost population several years in a row.

This year Boeing, Caterpillar and the hedge fund Citadel have all announced they are leaving the state.

Defending Illinois Dems is almost as insane as defending the crazy Trumpers.

A) I don't know what the motivation for including the flat tax as part of the state constitution back in the 1970's or whenever was but that is irrelevant to needing it changed now. It was primarily Republicans responsible for stopping that effort, although Democrats certainly participated in it.

B) So? I wasn't claiming that it was going to be an ongoing thing. The point is he is actually interested in solutions that don't involve stealing from the people who have paid into their pensions for their entire careers.

C) This statement is true for every state in the midwest. It is not unique to Illinois. Also, Illinois actually gained over 1.3 million people from 2010 according to the most recent census.

D) This is accurate and it is a problem.

E) No, Illinois Democrats aren't actively trying to end the form of government we have used for almost 250 years so it's not even close. Perhaps your understanding would be better if you actually had accurate information about the status of the state, or at least a more level understanding of it and not so colored by your partisianship.

The Illinois flat tax goes hand in hand with the State Constitution's mandate to have a balanced budget, which when coupled and incorporates Constitutionally-protected pension benefits, should not cause the situation that Illinois is in. Unrealistic return expectations on pension funds as well as completely ignoring a balanced budget has put the state in this position.

It's a big whatever imo. The math doesn't work out, the money won't be there and when enough of the Tier 1 pensioners die off, the unions will eat their own. In the meantime, if you want to pay a disproportionately high level of taxes for the services you get in return, Illinois and particularly Cook County are perfect for you.

I don't know why any millenial would stay in the state, this country is a big place and there are plenty of other cities/states that offer what Illinois does with better weather, lower costs, and good job prospects.

It's one thing for judges to refuse to simply answer questions. But when Judges promise you that something is decided and they wouldn't dare rock the boat and then immediately do it the first chance they get, then they should be removed from their office.
"Judges promise you that something is decided and they wouldn't dare rock the boat"

Find one of the quotes where an appointee "promises" do to or not do something

Reactions: goldmom
A) I don't know what the motivation for including the flat tax as part of the state constitution back in the 1970's or whenever was but that is irrelevant to needing it changed now. It was primarily Republicans responsible for stopping that effort, although Democrats certainly participated in it.

B) So? I wasn't claiming that it was going to be an ongoing thing. The point is he is actually interested in solutions that don't involve stealing from the people who have paid into their pensions for their entire careers.

C) This statement is true for every state in the midwest. It is not unique to Illinois. Also, Illinois actually gained over 1.3 million people from 2010 according to the most recent census.

E) No, Illinois Democrats aren't actively trying to end the form of government we have used for almost 250 years so it's not even close. Perhaps your understanding would be better if you actually had accurate information about the status of the state, or at least a more level understanding of it and not so colored by your partisianship.
202112,671,469-0.89%
202012,785,2450.93%
201912,667,017-0.45%
201812,724,685-0.43%
201712,779,893-0.33%
201612,821,709-0.29%
201512,859,585-0.20%
201412,885,092-0.08%
201312,895,7780.10%
201212,883,0290.12%
201112,867,7830.21%

Illinois lost a seat in the redistricting. I am not making this up. The seat was Kinzinger's.

There is absolutely no need for Township Gov. There may have been 250 years ago but it call all be done by the City, County or State.

Why does Illinois have more municipal entities than California? California has over twice the number of people. How screwed up is that?

Illinois has the 2nd highest Property Taxes in the country and we still have the largest Pension Deficit in the US. Why is that?

Illinois is out of control. I am from the Detroit area and I think the Dems goal is to drive Illinois into the ditch, just the way they did in Detroit. It got so screwed up in Detroit, they took out the street lights to save money.

The Dems bought off the public unions to get votes.

The public pension payout in Illinois is insane.

Illinois lost a seat in the redistricting. I am not making this up. The seat was Kinzinger's.

There is absolutely no need for Township Gov. There may have been 250 years ago but it call all be done by the City, County or State.

Why does Illinois have more municipal entities than California? California has over twice the number of people. How screwed up is that?

Illinois has the 2nd highest Property Taxes in the country and we still have the largest Pension Deficit in the US. Why is that?

Illinois is out of control. I am from the Detroit area and I think the Dems goal is to drive Illinois into the ditch, just the way they did in Detroit. It got so screwed up in Detroit, they took out the street lights to save money.

The Dems bought off the public unions to get votes.

The public pension payout in Illinois is insane.
1) Losing a seat in redistricting is not necessarily losing population. Illinois just didn't gain enough people. It's been the same story for the last 4 or 5 censuses.
2) Ok.
3) I don't know.
4) There is a straight line connecting Illinois' flat tax and high property values. The flat tax does not bring in enough money and cities and counties are very limited in ways to raise money to make up the difference. Property taxes are the most common method. Note, I am not saying the flat tax is the only reason, but it is a big contributor to many of the state's property tax issues.
5) Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Guess we'll find out.

ADVERTISEMENT