ADVERTISEMENT

What if DC and OC were switched?

RomanHawk

HR MVP
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2019
In conjunction with the recent hiring of Hodge, there were a couple of threads
about the assignment of coaches at positions differing from their previous
coaching experience or playing position.

With the unusually high disparity between the performance of our offense
compared to our defense, that brings up an interesting discussion topic:
what would be impact if the DC and OC were to switch roles starting tomorrow?
For discussion purposes if we take #10 as the current ranking for the defense and #110
as the current ranking for the offense, how would you expect those to have changed by the
end of the 2022 season, the end of the 2024 season, and the end of the 2027 season.

MY guess:
defense // offense
current 10 // 110

2022 -- 20 // 75

2024 -- 40 // 50

2027 -- 70 // 25

I'm not suggesting that it be done. But it's an interesting thought process because it brings into
consideration the levels of flexibility, adapability, creativity, initiatve, etc

I'm not thinking it's going to make a difference if the players don't perform on the field. Switching the OC/DC isn't going to fix inexperience. Hopefully, we can run block better, and pass protect better...that's going to translate to better offense...even with Petras as your QB. He's pretty good if you give him time to throw.

Reactions: kceasthawk

For discussion purposes if we take #10 as the current ranking for the defense and #110
as the current ranking for the offense, how would you expect those to have changed by the
end of the 2022 season, the end of the 2024 season, and the end of the 2027 season.

MY guess:
defense // offense
current 10 // 110

2022 -- 20 // 75

2024 -- 40 // 50

2027 -- 70 // 25

I'm not suggesting that it be done. But it's an interesting thought process because it brings into
consideration the levels of flexibility, adapability, creativity, initiatve, etc
We would lose 1/2 our games, or more

I'm not thinking it's going to make a difference if the players don't perform on the field. Switching the OC/DC isn't going to fix inexperience. Hopefully, we can run block better, and pass protect better...that's going to translate to better offense...even with Petras as your QB. He's pretty good if you give him to throw

He's pretty good if you give him time to throw...

???Did we watch the same team last year???

MY guess:
defense // offense
current 10 // 110

2022 -- 20 // 75

2024 -- 40 // 50

2027 -- 70 // 25

Please don’t post your thoughts anymore.

Reactions: intrepodor

MY guess:
defense // offense
current 10 // 110

2022 -- 20 // 75

2024 -- 40 // 50

2027 -- 70 // 25

Defense would be a chicken wire fence trying to stop a river...

Offense eventually couldn't score enough.

I'm not thinking it's going to make a difference if the players don't perform on the field. Switching the OC/DC isn't going to fix inexperience. Hopefully, we can run block better, and pass protect better...that's going to translate to better offense...even with Petras as your QB. He's pretty good if you give him time to throw.
So we are a decade plus into poor offenses and we’re still using inexperience as an excuse. Phil knows what offenses are difficult to defend so I believe he would have an interesting take on changes.

Reactions: obfuscating
Lmfao

You funny bro!!

Phil Parker is one of the best defensive coordinators in the college football business. You don't move a coach with those smarts anywhere. If you want a new offensive coordinator you look outside of Iowa City.

Phil Parker is one of the best defensive coordinators in the college football business. You don't move a coach with those smarts anywhere. If you want a new offensive coordinator you look outside of Iowa City.
Woods is in IC.

images

MY guess:
defense // offense
current 10 // 110

2022 -- 20 // 75

2024 -- 40 // 50

2027 -- 70 // 25

This is a perfect example of why you should think before posting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT