ADVERTISEMENT

WHAT IF i'm right and...

...oh wait...they actually missed those defenders from 2004 in 05 and 06 and were bad.[/QUOTE]

Iowa was not "bad" in 2005. Disappointing, yes. Bad, no.

This is the season where Davis and the offense have to make a major step forward. If they don't it could get real ugly real fast.

I remember this being said his 2nd year, and 3rd, and now...

I'm sure the guys I have working for me would love to have the system that Iowa Football and some of the fans use to judge Davis. "Ok Greg, you've sucked for three years now, better pull it together in year four, otherwise we might put some pressure on you".

Ill State now has Spearman..most of the 'starters return. The ones that didn't had backups see action. They have a punter. They have an awesome QB that will cause havic. They have an awesome RB.
...They have momentum ....remember that stuff.
You give new meaning to the term dumbass!!!

IL. State beats Iowa..? After that spring game. Get Ready. 4-8 season WITH an easy schedule. We have 8 players max that are big ten talent, the rest are NDSU talent.

makeachange, you could be right. I don't like the condition the program is in and the direction it has been headed for some time. But I can't find it in my heart to cheer against the Hawks. I want the Hawks to win more than anything. Marginal winning may well ensure KF's continued employment, and an argument can be made that that may not be in the program's best interest. I hope we have an 8 or 9 win season. Seven wins will bring out the boo birds. Six wins will bring our the pitch forks. It will be a very interesting season.

A lot of negative people on this board, I think we will be improved defensively, and I think we will be better at the skill positions on offense. A lot will come down to the development of our offensive line and I have a lot of confidence in how our coaches develop linemen. Obviously, we will need to stay healthy and avoid a lot of injuries. I think our talent level is back on the upswing. We will have to win most of the close games. Go Hawks!
Good post Ladell-Hawk. I agree with all of it.

You cant have it both ways, guys. Either he was slow, undersized, and got burned by rbs everytime he covered one, or he's going to ill. St. To be the next patrick willis. Make up your mind. I find it ironic that the kid that gets talked trash about for the first six games, finally gets benched and kf gets talked trash about, and then when he transfers to an FCS team we play, he is their secret weapon. I didn't call him anything I didn't hear from the doom and gloomers in the season

You cant have it both ways, guys. Either he was slow, undersized, and got burned by rbs everytime he covered one, or he's going to ill. St. To be the next patrick willis. Make up your mind. I find it ironic that the kid that gets talked trash about for the first six games, finally gets benched and kf gets talked trash about, and then when he transfers to an FCS team we play, he is their secret weapon. I didn't call him anything I didn't hear from the doom and gloomers in the season

You must lack basic reading comprehension. Not in a single post did I see anyone saying how good Spearman is, perhaps you could quote one for me, specifically stating he is any form of a 'secret weapon'? I noticed myself and another poster point out that him starting for Iowa as an underclassman really shows how weak the Iowa roster is. Spearman is everything you listed and when it was said by posters during the season it was completely correct. And he was, unfortunately, our best option at the time.

You guys need to step up your game. It's one thing to tirelessly defend Kirk and his staff, but to completely make up things when trying to discuss things with those that don't share your viewpoint is pretty weak.

Going to sit back and wait for EvilMonkey to call you out for the Patrick Willis hyperbole. Not expecting much....

IL. State beats Iowa..? After that spring game. Get Ready. 4-8 season WITH an easy schedule. We have 8 players max that are big ten talent, the rest are NDSU talent.

Considering NDSU beat ISU for the national championship, that would mean we should win.

Illinois State is going to have a pretty good offense. And the they could definitely lose against ISU if the oline doesn't come together.

Ill State now has Spearman..most of the 'starters return. The ones that didn't had backups see action. They have a punter. They have an awesome QB that will cause havic. They have an awesome RB.
...They have momentum ....remember that stuff.

Here you go.

If you think I tirelessly defend KF, you're out of your mind. I don't defend KF at all. But I get tired of hearing doom and gloomers over and over and over again with the same stuff. Whatever the amount of people was at the spring game was atrocious. I hate seeing it. I blame a lot of factors on it. It's been said, it's done and over, let's move on.

It's not as bad as you all think, it's not as good as Kilroy et al think. We're average, and it sucks. It sucks to have to go to Omaha and hear about it all the time.

I've gone on record as wanting Bret Bielema back numerous times in the past, I've stated that I think the recruiting is subpar, I've stated that I want more from Iowa football. I just know that if we fire KF without a plan, we're going to be hurting for a long time.

wow. continue blinders. After all the comments, just think, it just might happen..The Illinois State Redbirds has the Iowa fans worried. ISU has the Iowa fans worried. MN has the Iowa fans worried. Not just from being beat, but being butt-kicked. Hayden's last year all over again.

Here you go.

That is the post you came up with? The one that stated he was a secret weapon with skills akin to Patrick Willis? The post that was supposed to refute that someone posted that he wasn't slow, wasn't undersized, and could cover RBs?

picgifs-laughing-35443.gif

Yes, that is the post that I read that was attributing Reggie Spearman as the one man wrecking crew on defense that's going to stop Iowa.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, if this stuff happens, it won't really change anything for me. I've already had enough of Ferentz, and it would just be another nail or two in a coffin that's already pretty well sealed shut.

Games like Illinois State are games that Iowa should NOT lose. Not if they're a legit Top 25 program, that is. Even then.. In Kinnick... You've gotta take care of these kinds of games.

Unfortunately, Iowa has a habit of losing games it shouldn't, so I could easily see this happening. If you can lose at home to someone like Central Michigan (2012), then nothing would surprise me.

Fortunately Illinois State's strength is going to be going against Iowa's strength. I think Iowa's defense should be pretty good this year.

Tre Roberson is going to light us up.

What am I missing about this guy?

Freshman: 937 yards, 56% completion, 3 TDs, 6 Ints / ~400 rushing, 2 TDs
Sophomore: injured
RS Soph: 1128, 60%, 15/41 / ~400 rushing, 3 TDs
RS Junior (at Ill St): 3221, 58%, 30/10 / ~1,000 rushing, 11 TDs

Guys on here constantly talk about stars, he appears to have been a 3*.

So at Indiana he was, what, a near 60% passer with 1000 yards, 400 yard rusher. Indiana went 5-7 in 2013, 1-11 in 2011.

Obviously as a Frosh he played Iowa, went 16/24 for about 200, rushing for 82 more, in a losing effort. He had a ~80 QBR vs Vandenbergs ~100 QBR.

So, yeah, he was good at FCS last year, well above any of his averages, as in nearly triple. When did he become all-world?

ADVERTISEMENT