ADVERTISEMENT

What if Trump refuses to concede?

JRHawk2003

HR King
Jul 9, 2003
Montrose
This article really is somewhat terrifying.

If people think things in the Streets are ugly now. Gore had the grace to concede when he could have dragged it out. Would Trump? Hell no.

He has already said he wants the 9th supreme court justice to possibly be a tie breaking vote. WTF?

Chaos Scenario

Reactions: naturalmwa
What about his life story would ever suggest to anyone that he will gracefully accept a defeat? He lies, blusters, and uses teams of lawyers to drag things out for years in an attempt to get the result that he wants.
The question is who if anyone on the Right will tell him to go away. Not Mitch. Not Kevin McCarthy.

I saw something on CBS News this morning that showed them interviewing QAnon supporters at a recent Trump rally and none said if Trump lost the election it would be because the election outcome was legitimate. It's going to be ugly.

Trump has been stirring this up for months. He will lose by more than 5 pts, he will cry foul, hope his stacked Supreme Court will reverse the decision...either way it will be ugly. Only because a bunch of greedy bastards, morons and racists have time and time again enabled an off the charts narcissist, con and grifter that is a useful idiot for Putin. Congrats

hennelol2.gif

First, I think he is going to win again. Older version of Joe Biden would have won instead of Hillary. Old version of Joe Biden is a flat, non-engaging candidate.

Second, there is no way he accepts defeats graciously.

Third, this is where screwing over the DOJ, military, CDC, etc will backfire. Career government officials are sick of his antics. No way he maintains power because the military and security forces of the US won't accept it.

I wouldn't be shocked that if gets a SCJ through and they vote against keeping him. I think most SCJ take their role very seriously. Not leaving would fly in the face of the administration. Many "conservative" judges actually turn out to be very moderate.

I really want Biden to win, but I am really worried what Trump and his followers will do if he loses. These are dangerous times. I believe if Trump wins again this could be the end of the USA we know. I also believe if Trump loses, this could be the end of the USA we know. These are dangerous times.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I hope they perp-walk that douche out of the West Wing in handcuffs. (and a mask, lol) as Joe and Kamala watch from the sidewalk.

Reactions: 7 Dunks
I really want Biden to win, but I am really worried what Trump and his followers will do if he loses. These are dangerous times. I believe if Trump wins again this could be the end of the USA we know. I also believe if Trump loses, this could be the end of the USA we know. These are dangerous times.

It scares me that there are so many emotionally unstable people like you in this country.

This article really is somewhat terrifying.

If people think things in the Streets are ugly now. Gore had the grace to concede when he could have dragged it out. Would Trump? Hell no.

He has already said he wants the 9th supreme court justice to possibly be a tie breaking vote. WTF?

Chaos Scenario
I've seen this movie before.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
If the election results are certifiedby each state and he loses, he doesn't need to concede. But he will no longer be President on inauguration day whetherhe likes it or not.
Scenario: He'll take it to court and Barr will find a way to federalize it - meaning we pay for it. The scariest part is that isn't even unlikely.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
Everybody's vote counts in this election. I hope I don't see any wannabe hipster/edgy people saying their "vote doesn't count" in this election cycle because they live in a deep blue or red state.

If Biden's popular vote margin gets out to 7-10% nationally it will be extremely difficult for Trump to steal the election and get away with it. And Trump and his people are going to try and steal it, especially in states where the legislature is controlled by Republicans (see the Atlantic piece).

Michigan and Wisconsin specifically will not start counting mail ballots until after election day, their legislatures have set it up that way--almost certainly so they can stop the count at some point. See also state legislatures at the direction of the Trump campaign trying to appoint their own slates of electors after the election.

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT