ADVERTISEMENT

What if Trump refuses to concede?

Explain the difference between absentee ballots and mail in ballots. Show your work.

Nah.. if you want that level of detail go read the judges ruling that kicked your opinion in the nuts.

You don't really want the answer though do you?

This article really is somewhat terrifying.

If people think things in the Streets are ugly now. Gore had the grace to concede when he could have dragged it out. Would Trump? Hell no.

He has already said he wants the 9th supreme court justice to possibly be a tie breaking vote. WTF?

Chaos Scenario
The violence will come if Trump wins and Biden will then refuse to concede.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
This article really is somewhat terrifying.

If people think things in the Streets are ugly now. Gore had the grace to concede when he could have dragged it out. Would Trump? Hell no.

He has already said he wants the 9th supreme court justice to possibly be a tie breaking vote. WTF?

Chaos Scenario
Stephen King writes scary stuff too. Gore conceded after he dragged it out. There was no grace there

It scares me that there are so many intentionally oblivious people like you in this country.

Yes, of all the things I’m gonna worry about today, it’s about the loser of an election potentially refusing to leave office.

Nice to see we believe the president when it fits our agenda- otherwise he’s a liar, right?

Yes, of all the things I’m gonna worry about today, it’s about the loser of an election potentially refusing to leave office.

Nice to see we believe the president when it fits our agenda- otherwise he’s a liar, right?
Actually, he's a liar almost 100% of the time. And it's better to be prepared because of his personality. But I'm sure that you won't prepare for anything until it happens. I mean, why waste the time.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Stephen King writes scary stuff too. Gore conceded after he dragged it out. There was no grace there
Gore asked for a legal recount in a race that was within 0.009%. He didn't say he was trying to "get rid of the ballots". The Gore campaign even allowed the counting of military ballots that were technically illegal. To try and conflate this with what Trump is doing - urging people to vote illegally, threatening states that are trying to make voting simpler, dismantling the post office in a race that could be decided by mailed in ballots, and literally saying he wants to "get rid of the ballots" so the SC can decide who wins - that's just stupid as hell.

So why participate in the conversation? You don't care if a president declares he will not honor the results of the election if he loses. How did we get to the point that our citizens, even you, pass this off as a non-issue?

In 4 years our country has been reduced to this. This is no doubt joke material to you.

Reactions: Tom Paris
He’s ahead in Arizona and Florida as of two recent polls.
Arizona 2020 Presidential Election Polls

Biden vs. Trump

SourceDateSample Biden Trump Other
Poll Averages* 48.0% 44.0% -
Ipsos/Reuters 9/23/2020 565 LV ±5% 47% 46% 7%
CNBC/Change Research 9/23/2020 262 LV 49% 43% 8%
ABC News / Wash. Post 9/23/2020 579 LV ±4.5% 48% 49% 3%
Redfield & Wilton 9/18/2020 855 LV ±3.4% 47% 42% 11%
Florida 2020 Presidential Election Polls

Biden vs. Trump

SourceDateSample Biden Trump Other
Poll Averages* 48.2% 47.4% -
Ipsos/Reuters 9/23/2020 586 LV ±5% 47% 47% 6%
CNBC/Change Research 9/23/2020 702 LV 49% 46% 5%
St. Pete Polls 9/23/2020 2,906 LV ±1.8% 50% 47% 3%
ABC News / Wash. Post 9/23/2020 613 LV ±4.5% 47% 51% 2%
YouGov/CBS News 9/20/2020 1,205 LV ±3.7% 48% 46% 6%

First, I think he is going to win again. Older version of Joe Biden would have won instead of Hillary. Old version of Joe Biden is a flat, non-engaging candidate.

Second, there is no way he accepts defeats graciously.

Third, this is where screwing over the DOJ, military, CDC, etc will backfire. Career government officials are sick of his antics. No way he maintains power because the military and security forces of the US won't accept it.

I wouldn't be shocked that if gets a SCJ through and they vote against keeping him. I think most SCJ take their role very seriously. Not leaving would fly in the face of the administration. Many "conservative" judges actually turn out to be very moderate.

Many “conservative “ judges turn out to be moderate because they are moderates.

Most conservatives are moderate.

rThe Democrat party swung far left, the Republican party did not swing far right

LOL, the claimed medical professional is asking "what is wrong with just going to the polls as always" during a freaking pandemic.

And a big part of the Republican strategy here is that the bulk of their support is in rural and suburban areas where there is generally enough precincts, places-to-vote that people don't have to wait in line for hours and hours to vote as they often do in urban areas.

Gaslighting, it's just endemic to fascists and Trump supporters. along with claims of voter fraud. Trump is going to claim fraud no matter what, he already is before barely any ballots have been cast yet. It doesn't matter to him how the ballots were cast, but he's going to use fraud as an excuse (and you'll parrot him for sure) to shut down and cast into doubt the validity of legally cast ballots. Disgusting.
People can go to the polls safely while masked and participate in the process just as the do for sports, the grocery store or going to a protest.

Thise that are seriously worried and at risk can request an absentee ballot. I have no issue with that as I said.

What I am against is what the dems have proposed. Ballots being sent out to people that are requested that are now simply floating in the ether for fraudulent use. If you can convince me that safeguards are in place that won’t allow for cheating and that votes will be counted on election night I’m for it. What we don’t need is a ‘fraud target’ where the in person it’s totals are available election night but then we are told to wait for all the mail in ballots that can come on up to a week from election night. No thanks. A close election where a winner isn’t known right away sounds like a disaster for civil discourse.

LOL, the claimed medical professional is asking "what is wrong with just going to the polls as always" during a freaking pandemic.

And a big part of the Republican strategy here is that the bulk of their support is in rural and suburban areas where there is generally enough precincts, places-to-vote that people don't have to wait in line for hours and hours to vote as they often do in urban areas.

Gaslighting, it's just endemic to fascists and Trump supporters. along with claims of voter fraud. Trump is going to claim fraud no matter what, he already is before barely any ballots have been cast yet. It doesn't matter to him how the ballots were cast, but he's going to use fraud as an excuse (and you'll parrot him for sure) to shut down and cast into doubt the validity of legally cast ballots. Disgusting.
Oh and I am not a supposed medical professional. I am. Doesn’t really matter whether you believe me or not.

Reactions: mstp1992
Trump can easily be removed... vertical OR horizontal. Frankly, I don't care which way.

Make it a PPV.

Gore asked for a legal recount in a race that was within 0.009%. He didn't say he was trying to "get rid of the ballots". The Gore campaign even allowed the counting of military ballots that were technically illegal. To try and conflate this with what Trump is doing - urging people to vote illegally, threatening states that are trying to make voting simpler, dismantling the post office in a race that could be decided by mailed in ballots, and literally saying he wants to "get rid of the ballots" so the SC can decide who wins - that's just stupid as hell.

You're such a chicken little, acknowledging and reacting to things that are actually happening!

We've been mailing in ballots for decades you lying sack of shit. It's not something new. The GOP was apoplectic that illegal military ballots WOULDN'T be counted in Florida in 2000 - so they were. So take your bullshit and stuff it right down your throat. Choke on it.
You are a hateful person. I’d suggest counseling. Seriously.

Reactions: pablow
People can go to the polls safely while masked and participate in the process just as the do for sports, the grocery store or going to a protest.

Thise that are seriously worried and at risk can request an absentee ballot. I have no issue with that as I said.

What I am against is what the dems have proposed. Ballots being sent out to people that are requested that are now simply floating in the ether for fraudulent use. If you can convince me that safeguards are in place that won’t allow for cheating and that votes will be counted on election night I’m for it. What we don’t need is a ‘fraud target’ where the in person it’s totals are available election night but then we are told to wait for all the mail in ballots that can come on up to a week from election night. No thanks. A close election where a winner isn’t known right away sounds like a disaster for civil discourse.
Why is it a problem for you now and not in the numerous other elections where voting by mail has proven to be a successful way to encourage voter turnout? Especially given in all those other elections there has been no voter fraud of any significance.

This can be a rhetorical question if you want, I'm pretty sure I know why.

Why is it a problem for you now and not in the numerous other elections where voting by mail has proven to be a successful way to encourage voter turnout? Especially given in all those other elections there has been no voter fraud of any significance.

This can be a rhetorical question if you want, I'm pretty sure I know why.
Look I am capable of fairly analyzing data. If you can point me to something that explains how other states have done it on a large scale election and done it fairly and accurately I can be convinced. But I have my doubts for sure.

and that method that you assert was fair, would need to be replicated across states and not have certain states left to their own devices to come up with what sounds like a plan.

I live in Iowa. While this isn’t at all a direct comparison, after the fiasco that was the Democrat caucuses I am loathe to start thinking of new ways to tally votes and report them. That was a shit show. I don’t blame it on them because they were Dems. It’s because it was a disaster. Not claiming it was fraud to be clear.

Look I am capable of fairly analyzing data. If you can point me to something that explains how other states have done it on a large scale election and done it fairly and accurately I can be convinced. But I have my doubts for sure.

and that method that you assert was fair, would need to be replicated across states and not have certain states left to their own devices to come up with what sounds like a plan.

I live in Iowa. While this isn’t at all a direct comparison, after the fiasco that was the Democrat caucuses I am loathe to start thinking of new ways to tally votes and report them. That was a shit show. I don’t blame it on them because they were Dems. It’s because it was a disaster. Not claiming it was fraud to be clear.
By 2004, 24.9 million Americans were casting their votes by mail, a number that more than doubled to 57.2 million by 2016. While mailing in a ballot may seem like a foreign idea to some, it's far from a new concept for many U.S. citizens. Several states now even utilize mail-in ballots as the default option for voting, automatically sending out these ballots via the U.S. Postal Service to all registered voters.

According to the U.S. Election Assistance Commission, two out of five voters in the 2016 election cast their ballots through the mail. In the same year, 16 states that allowed no-excuse mail-in voting as an option showed a combined percentage of over half of all votes cast through early, mailed or absentee ballots.

Photo Courtesy: Paul J. Richards/AFP via Getty Images
Given that voting by mail has become a fairly common practice over the past few decades, experts have already been able to establish a clear picture of how it affects the potential for voting fraud. One investigative study from Arizona State University revealed that out of billions of mail-in votes cast between 2002 and 2012, only 491 cases of voter fraud were even attempted. As the Brennan Center for Justice puts it, "it is still more likely for an American to be struck by lightning than to commit mail voting fraud."

https://www.reference.com/history/mass-mail-in-voting-fraud-is-myth

And the Iowa caucus was a cluster, but the checks and balances ultimately worked to get it right.

Just flat-out fascists. They won't even try to make good arguments, it will just be incoherent bullshit thrown against the wall like this.

And again, the claimed "medical professional" sociopath is pooh poohing the in-person voting on election day in the middle of a pandemic. Assholes. Anti-American, hate America.

Reactions: Torg

Iowa just conducted a primary election without a hitch in which there was record turnout and around 80% of the ballots cast were absentee/mail-in. Not a hint of fraud or any irregularities or problems.

I have no idea why you're throwing the Caucus in here, completely different set-up, reporting, etc controlled by the parties. The Caucus only provided evidence that the Caucus system sucks and that it should be junked in favor of direct vote primaries.

Reactions: Moral
Just flat-out fascists. They won't even try to make good arguments, it will just be incoherent bullshit thrown against the wall like this.

And again, the claimed "medical professional" sociopath is pooh poohing the in-person voting on election day in the middle of a pandemic. Assholes. Anti-American, hate America.
This act is tired.

DOJ orders Pennsylvania county to change ballot practices after 'troubling' findings

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/military-ballots-trump-pennsylvania
The Gleiwitz incident (German: Überfall auf den Sender Gleiwitz; Polish: Prowokacja gliwicka) was a false flag attack on the German radio station Sender Gleiwitz, staged by Nazi Germany on the night of 31 August 1939. Along with some two dozen similar incidents, the attack was manufactured by Germany as a casus belli to justify the invasion of Poland, which began the next morning.[1] The attackers posed as Polish nationals.

Reactions: Torg
Only one time in American history has the transfer of power not been peaceful that was 2016 with Obama to Trump. Obama was actively spying on the Trump campaign, attempting to entrap his national security advisor, forging warrant requests to the courts and planting leakers in the various levels of government.

Only one time in American history has the transfer of power not been peaceful that was 2016 with Obama to Trump. Obama was actively spying on the Trump campaign, attempting to entrap his national security advisor, forging warrant requests to the courts and planting leakers in the various levels of government.

white-house.jpg

Just admit you want to depress turnouts of potential Democratic voters.

Own it.
I want to suppress the number of Democrats voters voting more than once yes. I’m referring to people that are voting on behalf of people otherwise not inclined to vote. That’s the real issue. It one thing to pick people up to take them to the polls. It’s entirely different if one simply intends to harvest ballots. Drive around to a neighborhood and, let’s say, pay people for their ballot.

“Tell you what sir, how bout we just go over that ballot you have there? (Drops wallet) oops! Huh. maybe that wallet on the floor has 50 dollars in it. Or maybe it doesn’t. Why don’t we just check a few boxes quick and I’ll be happy to take that ballot to the poll for you.”

That kinda chicanery is what concerns me. Not keeping real people from going into a polling place and casting a ballot.

There is much more to this story.
The Supremes stopped the recount saying it would do harm to Bush.
Gore’s mistake was asking for a recount in a few counties. It should have been the whole state.
The court said their ruling should not be used as precedent. I wonder why.
After their decision a full state recount was done by multiple parties. They all declared that Gore got the most votes. Another stolen election by cons.
All cons care about is power.

Are you intentionally ignoring the states that already use mail in voting successfully? Are the safeguards in those states not effective?

Are you intentionally ignoring the states that already use mail in voting successfully? Are the safeguards in those states not effective?
Yes, he is. He's using the party line scare tactics to do his part to reduce voter turnout.

Reactions: DFSNOLE

you are taking dumb to Incredible levels. Trump might say you are super duper dumb

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT