ADVERTISEMENT

What Is Happening to the People Falling for Crypto and NFTs

I agree with your comment, but I don't want the cure to worse than the disease (i.e. NIL).

I am not against Crypto in theory, but i am not investing my money in something that is so volatile and has no intrinsic value.
I wouldn’t invest in it either, though I do have some very painful g-chats from 2011 where my friend encouraged me to buy bitcoin when it plummeted to 10¢.

I wouldn’t invest in it either, though I do have some very painful g-chats from 2011 where my friend encouraged me to buy bitcoin when it plummeted to 10¢.
My nephew invested & he asked me my thoughts early on, I told him if you have money that you can lose or win big on and you want to gamble, your choice. The problem is when anything skyrockets up it can crash just as quickly. I would only invest $ that if you lost, you wouldn't lose any sleep on it. Then #2 have an exit strategy, don't get too greedy. #3 I don't play the lottery and I am not investing in Crypto, if you do I hope you make some good money and bail out at the right time. Good luck to you.

Pena is a grifter. The idea that he knows who started Bitcoin and that the information will blow it up sounds absurd.

It’s a public design, so even if the United States or China was behind it, it wouldn’t matter. It’s used by the absolute worst people on the planet, terrorists, human traffickers, and Gator Boosters. There’s nothing that could come out that would surprise me.

I’m not saying it won’t go to zero or that it isn’t susceptible to a 50% attack. It just won’t blow up because of some secret only Dan Pena knows.

Pena is a fraud and a clown. I am just amused by his theatrics, saying Zeroooo. I do feel bad for they guys who pay him for life coaching that is nothing more than him berating them endlessly.

Reactions: mnole03
You don’t understand the value of a distributed ledger that is cryptographically secured as a superior medium of exchange to an infinitely inflating supply of dollars?

For nine years I’ve been searching for a decent argument against hard money, and the closest I can get to it are people who can’t fathom it.

I probably understand the blockchain and crypto from a finance perspective better than anybody on here. The two are not synonymous.....and a public ledger will never be used in its true form to transfer value without first being exchanged and transferred via a 3rd party financial institution/money services business/payment processor.

Crypto transfers aren't cryptographically secure. There are any number of vendors with access to a wide enough sample of transactions that piece them together. Anybody can do it if they have the appropriate access to transaction histories of exchanges and wallets (it's right there on the blockchain for you). You, in theory, can send crypto through a private transaction between 2 of of your wallets and watch how it hits the blockchain. You could sell on an exchange and watch how your coin hits that unique chain. It's no secret, and there are enough nefarious actors on the blockchain that it's never going to be a source for trusted verification.

Reactions: soybean
I probably understand the blockchain and crypto from a finance perspective better than anybody on here. The two are not synonymous.....and a public ledger will never be used in its true form to transfer value without first being exchanged and transferred via a 3rd party financial institution/money services business/payment processor.
I’m not sure what you mean ‘never be used in its true form’?
What, in your view, would its ‘true form’ be?

No true Scotsman, or appeal to purity, is an informal fallacy in which one attempts to protect their universal generalization from a falsifying counterexample by excluding the counterexample improperly. Rather than abandoning the falsified universal generalization or providing evidence that would disqualify the falsifying counterexample, a slightly modified generalization is constructed ad-hoc to definitionally exclude the undesirable specific case and counterexamples like it by appeal to rhetoric. This rhetoric takes the form of emotionally charged but nonsubstantive purity platitudes such as "true", "pure", "genuine", "authentic", "real", etc

The point of a distributed ledger that is cryptographically secured is that you don’t need to trust a 3rd party. You just need to trust the math.
It’s already be used to transfer value.

Crypto transfers aren't cryptographically secure.
The integrity of the ledger is cryptographically secured.
That’s what a ‘block chain’ is.
I’m talking about the security against ‘double spending’, not some notion of anonymous transactions.
You seem to be conflating cryptographic security with the concept of anonymity.

You have a transforor wallet id, a transferee wallet id, and a coin id that hits the blockchain. There's nothing unique from a digital transaction perspective there except for the fact that you can look at the history of that coin and what the two wallets have done and who they have transacted with.

By your definition of cryptographically secured, we already have those thousands of times over archived at every financial institution in the world. Just because the blockchain is repeated ad nauseum through every transaction does not make it unique or groundbreaking, it's simply different in that it's public (not that any one person can discern anything from it).

Most adults treat cryptocurrency as something useless or unreliable. However, the current generation of pioneers actively promotes this topic to the masses.

Most adults treat cryptocurrency as something useless or unreliable. However, the current generation of pioneers actively promotes this topic to the masses. In my opinion, this is the right thing to do because it allows self-fulfillment. For example, I have been investing in cryptocurrency for quite a long time, but I started under the control of HodlRate.com. This is the most appropriate way for me to learn new information. What I also like about cryptocurrency is how you must constantly evolve to keep up with all the changes.

Last edited:
Hey there! It's wild how crypto and NFTs have taken off, right? Some folks have hit it big, while others faced bumps. It's crucial to do your homework before diving in. Speaking of which, I've come across Immediate Edge, a nifty app that could help you navigate the crypto world. But remember, there's no substitute for solid research and being cautious. Cheers to learning and maybe striking gold in this exciting space! 🚀🪙

Last edited:
Hey there! It's wild how crypto and NFTs have taken off, right? Some folks have hit it big, while others faced bumps. It's crucial to do your homework before diving in.
Crypto threads sure attract the bots! This one forgot to include it's link.

I think blockchain tech itself has great potential for all sorts of applications….but I still believe crypto and NFTs specifically are a load of junk.
An NFT has potential value if it is utilized correctly in a functional manner. This idea that an nft will hold value as some sort of collectible is really really stupid. An nft that is verified through block chain and contains a doctors medical credentials is an functional use of an nft.

Crypto is stupid. It's only legit use that I can see is a means if trade in countries where the currency is garbage or the banking system is corrupt and unstable.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
An NFT has potential value if it is utilized correctly in a functional manner. This idea that an nft will hold value as some sort of collectible is really really stupid. An nft that is verified through block chain and contains a doctors medical credentials is an functional use of an nft.

Crypto is stupid. It's only legit use that I can see is a means if trade in countries where the currency is garbage or the banking system is corrupt and unstable.
And, of course money laundering.

ADVERTISEMENT