ADVERTISEMENT

What is the actual inflation number?

GroupThink

HR All-State
May 3, 2022
I went grocery shopping yesterday, which is an extremely rare occurrence because I have a girlfriend for that. Anyway- prices are absolutely unbelievable. Last time I went was probably early 2021. I think 20% is being generous. Chicken was insane. I will never eat chicken at these prices. What a joke.

I keep hearing on the liberal MSM that eggs are up 30%.

So they have gone from $1.00 to $1.30 over a year ago.

The horror.......

I guess there are different levels of inflation?

I went grocery shopping yesterday, which is an extremely rare occurrence because I have a girlfriend for that. Anyway- prices are absolutely unbelievable. Last time I went was probably early 2021. I think 20% is being generous. Chicken was insane. I will never eat chicken at these prices. What a joke.
Where you shopping? I picked up boneless/skinless chicken breasts for under $3/pound and thighs for under $2.50/pound.

T-Bones for $7.99/pound.

The only thing ive seen a real increase in at the moment are eggs.

Bell peppers seem the same, onions seem the same, banananas and apples the same, lettuce the same, canned goods dont seem to have risen or at least to a level that makes me notice. Pasta and pasta sauce (or ingredients to make sauce) dont seem to have gone up. Maybe the MS Gulf Coast and New Orleans somehow skipped this food increase thing?

Reactions: srams21
oh-wow.gif

I work for a manufacturer of B2B capital equipment and our prices have gone up 23% in the last 12 months.

Where you shopping? I picked up boneless/skinless chicken breasts for under $3/pound and thighs for under $2.50/pound.

T-Bones for $7.99/pound.

The only thing ive seen a real increase in at the moment are eggs.

Bell peppers seem the same, onions seem the same, banananas and apples the same, lettuce the same, canned goods dont seem to have risen or at least to a level that makes me notice. Pasta and pasta sauce (or ingredients to make sauce) dont seem to have gone up. Maybe the MS Gulf Coast and New Orleans somehow skipped this food increase thing?
You're responding to troll OP, who's going out of his way to make it obvious he's troll with this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
Wife grabbed some strawberries at the Amish grocery store yesterday. 8.50 a quart/ 68.00 /flat. They were like 6.25 last year. WTF, the price of gas doesn't affect the Amish. Problem is they're like crack in the Vanderwulf household, short cakes, milkshakes, daiquiris and pies...
Freaken Putin!

I keep hearing on the liberal MSM that eggs are up 30%.

So they have gone from $1.00 to $1.30 over a year ago.

The horror.......

I guess there are different levels of inflation?
They are wrong on this and everything else. 2.5x higher.
Hamburger $5+. Double.

Ask your mom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT