ADVERTISEMENT

What is the definition of irony?

sabula

HR All-American
Oct 24, 2001
I'd submit it may well be seeing Marjorie Taylor Green appointed to membership on the Homeland Security committee in the house. After she disputed and denied facts of September 11th, including that airplanes were involved. Kevin McCarthy must be completely off the rails, or has no respect for the American people.

Reactions: dekhawk
I'd submit it may well be seeing Marjorie Taylor Green appointed to membership on the Homeland Security committee in the house. After she disputed and denied facts of September 11th, including that airplanes were involved. Kevin McCarthy must be completely off the rails, or has no respect for the American people.
it's probably the deal he had to make to get her vote.

489ha1.jpg

i·ro·ny1
/ˈīrənē/

noun

1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
    "“Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony"

Similar:
    sarcasm

sardonicism

dryness

causticity

sharpness

acerbity

acid

bitterness

trenchancy

mordancy

cynicism

mockery

satire

ridicule

derision

scorn

sneering

wryness

backhandedness

sarkiness

Opposite:
    sincerity
    • a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.
      plural noun: ironies
      "the irony is that I thought he could help me"

Similar:
      paradox

paradoxical nature

incongruity

incongruousness

peculiarity

Opposite:
      logic

• a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.
      noun: dramatic irony; plural noun: tragic irony

I read that MTG has broken off with the Loudmouth Losers like Gaetz, Roy, Good and Boebert starting last fall and kissing up a bit to McCarthy in anticipation of his becoming the Speaker. Gossip has it that she and Boebert nearly came to blows in the Ladies Room during the marathon voting to actually elect him.
Grab the popcorn.

Reactions: sabula and lucas80
He hates America, and democracy. Just another moscow candidate.

Reactions: lucas80
I read that MTG has broken off with the Loudmouth Losers like Gaetz, Roy, Good and Boebert starting last fall and kissing up a bit to McCarthy in anticipation of his becoming the Speaker. Gossip has it that she and Boebert nearly came to blows in the Ladies Room during the marathon voting to actually elect him.
Grab the popcorn.
we could potentially eliminate the entire deficit with pay per view fees of that matchup.

Grab the popcorn.
She has ambition, and is smart enough to know the pathway to achieve it. She is now a major player in the. GQP, and is going to wield her power. For how long is unclear. I personally think she'll overplay her hand, or shoot someone in the face. Possibly Boebert.
The same things about ambition can be said for Elise Stefanik. She was a very moderate Republican who realized she could jump the line in leadership by pandering to the cult.

True, but, she did run a gym that had Bowflex classes. You learn a lot about national security by swinging around on a bar, and f****** random dudes at the gym who aren't your husband.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT