ADVERTISEMENT

What is the greatest love story ever told on the big screen?

What is the greatest love story ever told on the big screen?

• The Notebook

• The Notebook

• The Notebook

Results are only viewable after voting.
Actually, Sylvester Stallone reworked "Rocky" into a Broadway musical. I do not think it was ever performed in New York but it had a short run in Hamburg, Germany. ...

In interviews about the musical, Stallone said that after the film came out, he realized that it was really a love story. He was actually going around promoting it as a love story.

So there is that!

Here is a clip from the German production which features Helene Fischer ... Yikes!

In any case, the songs appear to be a mix of English and German, and the dialog is mostly in German.

Last edited:
7f25bc16b63372389550d6e78b56a823.jpg

While You Were Sleeping
50 First Dates
Pride and Prejudice - especially the 1940 and 2005 versions and BBC miniseries with Colin Firth.

I agree with many of the earlier films like Dr Zhivago. But as pretty as Julie Christie is, I don't think I would have left cute and very sweet Geraldine Chaplin for her:)

Were I to awaken some morning and discover that Julie Christie was hopelessly and irredeemably in love with me, I am afraid that I would bail on anyone else ... including Miss. Chaplin.

I do remember thinking however that Miss Chaplin was miscast in that part so your point is a very good one.

Usually in these types of films, the person who is thrown over has some more obvious character or personal drawback, aside from being only the second most attractive woman in all of Soviet Russia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT