ADVERTISEMENT

What is the middle ground on - abortion

I believe life begins at conception, but I believe a fair compromise would be when the heartbeat can be detected. Life could begin legally when the heart starts and ends when the heart stops.

I also would be thrilled with abortions only being allowed in cases of rape or incest. My good friend had an abortion because she didn't want to get fat again. I think that is wrong.

The major problem I have with the so-called heartbeat bills is that it's entirely possible to get to that point where the fetus has a heartbeat before the woman knows she's pregnant. What do you do then?

In summation, there is no middle ground on the issue of abortion. One side views abortion, in any form, as morally unacceptable. The other side ranges from the allowance of unfettered abortion to abortion in most, or at least some, cases. These two positions are irreconcilable.

Bonney, it's hilarious that on page 3 of a thread that YOU started, about whether or not there was a middle ground on abortion, that you then state there is NO middle ground. What was the point of starting the thread?

The status quo is the compromise. But that’s not acceptable to the right. They don’t want the issue settled, they want the controversy because abortion drives a significant number of their base.

100% this. The GOP isn’t interested in compromise. If they took reasonable steps to actually reduce the number of abortions (free birth control, better sex education, reduced cost childcare, etc.), they might lose a sizable chunk of single issue anti-abortion voters. That’s WAY more important to them than actually reducing abortions.

The major problem I have with the so-called heartbeat bills is that it's entirely possible to get to that point where the fetus has a heartbeat before the woman knows she's pregnant. What do you do then?

She carries the baby to term.

What was the point of starting the thread?

To get people to think. To maybe hear a unique view point. Intellectual curiosity.

100% this. The GOP isn’t interested in compromise. If they took reasonable steps to actually reduce the number of abortions (free birth control, better sex education, reduced cost childcare, etc.), they might lose a sizable chunk of single issue anti-abortion voters. That’s WAY more important to them than actually reducing abortions.
This, and then once the child is born they are left to fend for themselves, hence they are pro-birth, not pro-life.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Yep. Agreed. Life starts at conception.

Lol... Here's the wittle cuddle bear at week 1.

conception.jpg

This, and then once the child is born they are left to fend for themselves, hence they are pro-birth, not pro-life.

Definition of canard

1a: a false or unfounded report or story especially : a fabricated report.

ex The report about a conspiracy proved to be a canard.

b: a groundless rumor or belief.

ex The widespread canard that every lawyer is dishonest.

A majority of the states have fetal homicide laws that either have it as a separate offense or enhances the penalty.

Reactions: Tenacious E
An argument can be made that implantation is the start of the human life cycle. That would answer questions regarding IVF and certain birth control methods.
Oh phuque, yeah! And you can continue to pick the phuquing scab and nothing will ever heal! Jeeeebus phuquing keeeeerist bill........you border on being a full fledged asshole, just like my President. Go get laid son......maybe you'll feel better. `

She carries the baby to term.

To get people to think. To maybe hear a unique view point. Intellectual curiosity.

I'm not sure how your logic works, when you ask for ideas about a middle ground on an issue and then state unequivocally say no such middle ground exists.

No middle ground has been presented. Lots of virtue signaling and name calling though.
and what isn't more American and more middle ground than minding your own business, billy? Why is it that folks of your persuasion feel compelled to butt into affairs that in no way concern you or your family?
You are big on the idea of being left alone by others but you cant resist sticking your nose into someone else's affairs. That is ironic.

Reactions: funksouljon
and what isn't more American and more middle ground than minding your own business, billy? Why is it that folks of your persuasion feel compelled to butt into affairs that in no way concern you or your family?
You are big on the idea of being left alone by others but you cant resist sticking your nose into someone else's affairs. That is ironic.
A good Christian and a moral person speaks up for those that can't speak for themselves. Murdering a human is never a private matter.

Definition of canard

1a: a false or unfounded report or story especially : a fabricated report.

ex The report about a conspiracy proved to be a canard.

b: a groundless rumor or belief.

ex The widespread canard that every lawyer is dishonest.
That applies to literally everything you post.

A good Christian and a moral person speaks up for those that can't speak for themselves. Murdering a human is never a private matter.
Being a "good Christian" has nothing to do with being a good American citizen, billy. Can you show where being a Christian is a requirement for being a good American citizen? And...again...a fetus is NOT a human being.
I am glad to see you are actively standing up and defending the powerless, the denied and the weak in your community. That is nobel work.

You must not be educated on current power structures.

I am, I know who holds the power over the uterus in our house.

Better sex education and support for children who are born would be a start. Easy access to birth control would be a bonus. If you don’t have unwanted pregnancies you have far fewer women seeking out abortion.

You’d be shocked how many pregnant women don’t understand the biology of how they get pregnant. Abstinence only sex education is a joke. I had a patient (mid-20s) in medical school who thought her baby would be born out her butthole and was totally shocked when told it was coming out her vagina. We don’t expect parents to teach their children about math and science. Why do we rely on them for sexual education? Especially when most parents don’t fully understand reproduction.

Or, maybe it means she is into the butt stuff.

You first.

Nope, I don't need you to try to change my mind or expand my view. I asked you a simple question to support yourself, you are unable to do it. Not going to jump through a never ending series of hoops you think you are cleverly putting up.

Back up your position (that you made first) else you continue to just be noise. And are picking and choosing where you are able to defend your position.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Being a "good Christian" has nothing to do with being a good American citizen, billy. Can you show where being a Christian is a requirement for being a good American citizen? And...again...a fetus is NOT a human being.
I am glad to see you are actively standing up and defending the powerless, the denied and the weak in your community. That is nobel work.

I give you a like for the subtle dig. Or the misspelling!

Nope, I don't need you to try to change my mind or expand my view. I asked you a simple question to support yourself, you are unable to do it. Not going to jump through a never ending series of hoops you think you are cleverly putting up.

Back up your position (that you made first) else you continue to just be noise. And are picking and choosing where you are able to defend your position.
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. - First Amendment.

I am also free FROM your religion, my religion demands that. Otherwise, Sharia law. There is no middle ground, you want to enforce your religious beliefs on people who are not interested.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT