ADVERTISEMENT

What is the most inconsequential, insignificant thing you have bragged about to your spouse/significant other?

I even have a little routine for when I fix something.

I enter the room holding my hands ahigh looking at them in reverent awe. I cry out, "Is there anything, ANYTHING, these hands can't fix?!!"

Gotta amuse myself around here sometimes.

Reactions: torbee
I told her the Noles would win the transfer portal….and I was right.

She let me have my glory for a little while before asking what a “transfer portal” was.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
I swear on a bible, my mom’s soul and OP’s mom’s vajajay that it’s a true story.

@bladel is witness.
The only part of the story that isn’t true is the part about me bragging about it. Only @torbee enjoys telling this story.

He had been complaining about stomach pain all day, and by the second evening beer I guess everything hit critical mass. Being there was like watching the birth of a two headed calf or witnessing a horrific car accident. Every molecule in my body wanted to run away, but I was somehow paralyzed with shock and disgust and awe at what I was seeing.

About six months ago, I borrowed her wallet for her debit card (we share an account, same account just her card) to put gas in her car and grab us food before she went to work, and gave it back to her. Somewhere between eating and her leaving the wallet went missing. I swore up and down I gave it back to her. She said she checked every where and it wasn’t there and I must’ve dropped it when I got the gas or food. Ended up canceling her cards and getting a new ID. She was very upset with me and called me irresponsible for several weeks because of it.

About a week ago our dog went bonkers about a ball that got stuck in the couch where she sits all the time. I put my hand into the space between the cushion and the side of the couch and Io and behold, the wallet is there. Pulled it out, let her know how irresponsible she was for losing her wallet and watched her turn red and leave the room while i gloated.

She definitely made it up that night, however.

• Love
Reactions: lucas80 and torbee
Every time she jams up the disposal and can’t figure out how to get it working again and I save the day by resetting the overload switch underneath.
See, there you go. Real work. You have to open the door to the cabinet under the sink, stoop over or even get on your knees, push a small, recessed button... That is man's work right there!

Reactions: TJ8869 and torbee
ADVERTISEMENT