ADVERTISEMENT

What is the scoop on the S Dakota State game

SDSU has two very good receivers and two very good tight ends. Their QB was hurt last year but as a true Fresh the year before he took them to FCS championship game. Same story with stud RB, hurt last year, very good year before. Their coach recently said this is the best offense he has ever had. They are coming in planning on winning. Both my sons go to SDSU but they will have their Hawkeye gear on at the game. As a South Dakotan with many SDSU friends I hope we kick their ass.
Iowa's D-Line will not have the question marks it had at the start of last season ....I think they will be a formidable unit right from the start.

SDSU's QB is potentially dangerous but I will go out on a limb and say he has never played against an opponent that lined up anything close to a Benson-Campbell-Jacobs linebacker unit.

I think the Jacks may test the Iowa Safeties deep and that worries me more than anything else regarding their ability to score.

Iowa is going to score at least five TDs. Petras 2 TDs in the first half. Alex and Joe will see some downs.
Man, you need to brush up on your South Dakota State.

This team ain’t no Nebber, they’re for real.

I remember watching them completely dismantle Colorado State last year.

Then a week or two later I was in Kinnick watching the same CSU team with the lead in the 3rd quarter.

South Dakota State is NO JOKE. I think they’re better than NDSU this year & will win it all.

I anticipate some short fields. SDSU has some nice players, good players. They've probably never seen a front 7 like Iowa's. They're facing the Big Ten's best cornerback. X and CDJ will show themselves as already good D backs, or at CASH. The Iowa D Line will be dominant. I don't foresee SDSU going anywhere on the ground and frequently throwing under heavy pressure.

Think the offense will be more potent and "explosive" than last year. Not great but noticeably better. Assuming Colby has made the move to right tackle then we've got a better right tackle. It looks like four good guards provide promise. Richman and Colby will be good tackles and we will see fewer defenders just blow by the edge or up the middle. Second year with the same line coach.

The better lines means a better offense. I do not foresee the QB facing nearly as much pressure as last year. More yards on 1st and 2nd makes the third down throwing play a lot easier, and maybe not even a throwing play. If KJ plays, and he is supposed to, it will be Iowa getting behind the defense. A lot of good RB options and I predict at least two can be game breakers. Play action game starts to click.

Offense has to be playing with a chip on its shoulder, that is our greatest advantage-the need for a blow out.

That's my prediction. I could be wrong, but I am probably not.

Last edited:
Man, you need to brush up on your South Dakota State.

This team ain’t no Nebber, they’re for real.

I remember watching them completely dismantle Colorado State last year.

Then a week or two later I was in Kinnick watching the same CSU team with the lead in the 3rd quarter.

South Dakota State is NO JOKE. I think they’re better than NDSU this year & will win it all.
CSU also lost to Vanderbilt so that tells you how garbage they were. Iowa played awful that day and our 3rd down % in 1st half on D was horrible as it was all last year for a half. Sometimes got to be little careful when comparing teams how they played against a common, opponent especially going into next season with different rosters. Also CSU lost by more than 10 to Wyoming, AF and Nevada all teams Iowa was superior to last season. Flip side SDSU lost to Southern ILL a month later and by 9 to UNI at home.

CSU also lost to Vanderbilt so that tells you how garbage they were. Iowa played awful that day and our 3rd down % in 1st half on D was horrible as it was all last year for a half. Sometimes got to be little careful when comparing teams how they played against a common, opponent especially going into next season with different rosters. Also CSU lost by more than 10 to Wyoming, AF and Nevada all teams Iowa was superior to last season. Flip side SDSU lost to Southern ILL a month later and by 9 to UNI at home.
The common opponent logic just doesn't hold up well in college football. Particularly for these non-con paid for sparring partners.
It gets me every year, though, how much stock some people put into either a close call against a bad team (which csu was a bad team) or a trashing of a similar bad team.
Still, there are no excuses when it comes to playing a team like sdsu at home. Even if they are the best FCS team out there. If Iowa's offense is as piss poor as last season, it won't be a blow out. But getting the W shouldn't be in doubt.

The common opponent logic just doesn't hold up well in college football. Particularly for these non-con paid for sparring partners.
It gets me every year, though, how much stock some people put into either a close call against a bad team (which csu was a bad team) or a trashing of a similar bad team.
Still, there are no excuses when it comes to playing a team like sdsu at home. Even if they are the best FCS team out there. If Iowa's offense is as piss poor as last season, it won't be a blow out. But getting the W shouldn't be in doubt.
Should be able to line up and hand off the ball up the gut every down and still win the game.

We shoulda offered their TE to transfer portal to us. Him and LaPorta on the same team would have been lethal. I guess being at CSU didn't hurt as he still went first round.

A transitive property really is unimportant. A beats C by 20. C beats B by 20. Does that mean A will beat B by 40? Of course not. A single game sample just say much about a team on any given Saturday.

Says a little more in BBall where the ratio of game planning, game preparation and player IQ to athleticism is probably the inverse of football.

For the record, if several on the team are disrespecting country/flag, I will boycott all live action again. I will do like I did 2 years ago and watch a highlight reel on youtube. I would guess that up to 3 won't trigger a boycott. My principles are more important that my entertainment.

For the record, if several on the team are disrespecting country/flag, I will boycott all live action again. I will do like I did 2 years ago and watch a highlight reel on youtube. I would guess that up to 3 won't trigger a boycott. My principles are more important that my entertainment.
Wait.. So the number of acceptable kneelers is three? Your principles kick in at four??

For those of you who believe in the "transitive property" of college football, I have invented a new word for you (I am a self-conferred wordsmith, by the way)

That word is: pseudosyllogism. Basically, it means that the belief that Team A beats Team B and Team B beats Team C and therefore Team A is automatically better than team C is blatantly false; hence the word "pseudosyllogism."

on a related note, I introduced the word "schadenfreude" a few years ago, and it seems to have caught on at least in this forum.

For those of you who believe in the "transitive property" of college football, I have invented a new word for you (I am a self-conferred wordsmith, by the way)

That word is: pseudosyllogism. Basically, it means that the belief that Team A beats Team B and Team B beats Team C and therefore Team A is automatically better than team C is blatantly false; hence the word "pseudosyllogism."

on a related note, I introduced the word "schadenfreude" a few years ago, and it seems to have caught on at least in this forum.
I introduced the word Flop.

As in Scott Flop. Years ago. Back when he had 35 less losses as the head Nebber coach than he presently does.

What is all this talk about players kneeling?

I havent heard anything about this?

• Wow
Reactions: BigBroSkerObsession
What is all this talk about players kneeling?

I havent heard anything about this?
It's old news. Some will. most won't and the newness has worn off. Been to a lot of minor league baseball games this summer and have never seen a player on any of those teams kneel. I know they are paid employees, but still.

• Wow
Reactions: BigBroSkerObsession
If I'm SDSU I stack to stop the run, blitz often and FORCE SP to be "the man".
imagine 3 times petras becomes a man in the first quarter with quick strike tds and kf then plays padilla in the 2nd quarter and then labas the entire 2nd half.

who’s kidding…late in the 4th our asses are likely clenched just hoping for a W

80 degrees and sunny is forecast for game day right now. So add about 10 to 15 degrees to the feels like temp on the field. No air movement in there any more.

Your boycotting will show them.

Pretty nice run by SDSU's RB in the national championship game as a true freshman 2 years ago in this video. Was hurt most of last year. SDSU also has a top 5 TE in the upcoming NFL Draft and another TE and twin brothers at WR getting NFL looks

ADVERTISEMENT