ADVERTISEMENT

What is the scoop on the S Dakota State game

No, I just find it hysterical that he’s stated multiple times he won’t watch if Kirk allows guys to kneel, yet here he is getting ready for the first game. And yes, vouching for free speech makes me a commie. Lmao.
You misrepresented me. I stated something similiar but not what you said. Several kneeled 2 years ago and I did not watch the games as a result. Last year, I only saw 2 kneel and one was Tracy. The other was not a player I recognized. Out of support for the rest of the team and my entertainment, I watched. This year is a wait and see year again. KF should not have allowed it; but, it was always about those that actually disrespected flag/country/those that served.

You misrepresented me. I stated something similiar but not what you said. Several kneeled 2 years ago and I did not watch the games as a result. Last year, I only saw 2 kneel and one was Tracy. The other was not a player I recognized. Out of support for the rest of the team and my entertainment, I watched. This year is a wait and see year again. KF should not have allowed it; but, it was always about those that actually disrespected flag/country/those that served.
The players have no 1st Amendment rights when acting within the scope of their employment/contractual relationship. The law on that is clear.

Stand your ground Texas. I think people are getting increasingly tired of the race baiting.

The players have no 1st Amendment rights when acting within the scope of their employment/contractual relationship. The law on that is clear.

Stand your ground Texas. I think people are getting increasingly tired of the race baiting.
He SHOULD stand his ground. But only in the event that the number of kneelers exceeds 3. It is upon the 4th kneeler that the TT boycott is released upon the Hawkeyes.

He SHOULD stand his ground. But only in the event that the number of kneelers exceeds 3. It is upon the 4th kneeler that the TT boycott is released upon the Hawkeyes.
I see you are English Syntax Challenged. That is just awful. Hey, I know, can you count correctly? If "yes", would you please count the number of disrespectful/kneelers on the team on the 3rd? No need to count South Dakota States guys. Thank you so very much and I hope this will help build your self esteem. 😁

If you're wondering how SDSU stacks up against NDSU, while NDSU has a lot more titles the record between the two teams the last 6 years is 4-4
No doubt SDSU is a fine team ... they gave up under 20 points per game and scored well over 30 points per game. On top of that ... they still return a lot of personnel who has won a lot of games. When you have guys who know how to win ... that confidence really helps them to execute at an even higher level.

No way I'm overlooking SDSU going into this Saturday. The problem is that I'm just a fan ... good thing SDSU has put up good tape. You ARE what your tape says you are ... and the Iowa players are definitely going to be receiving the message that SDSU is a damn fine team!

SDSU will be stacking the box to stop the run, and daring Iowa to throw. Need to loosen them up and make them pay with play action and quick passes. Not sure Petras is capable. Hopefully he is.

SDSU will be stacking the box to stop the run, and daring Iowa to throw. Need to loosen them up and make them pay with play action and quick passes. Not sure Petras is capable. Hopefully he is.

This is what every team does to Iowa...the recipe stays the same. Hopefully Petras and the receivers are in step with each other. Cheers and GO HAWKS!

Reactions: F5n5
I think SDSU is better than most Iowa fans realize. That being said, I just can't believe we won't be able to run the ball, more power running game between the tackles and less outside zone. The Williams boys run hard and just get some push upfront and it's 4-5 yards...nothing fancy just good ole fashioned smashmouth football. We will need the short passing game to keep them honest...but I'm optimistic the OL will be able to take control and keep the chains moving. That's SDSU's worst nightmare.

Defensively...SDSU's style will frustrate most teams...but Iowa doesn't get frustrated...and will take away the running game...start sitting on the short routes by the second quarter...and force SDSU to throw down the field. I just can't believe they will have time in the pocket to do that. Now, can the SDSU QB still make plays with his feet...that will be interesting to watch. The speed of the Iowa front seven is going to be surprising to SDSU.

It will be interesting to see what the SDSU game plan will be offensively...I think they may give up on the run, go uptempo and simply run the passing game...this will be a good early test for the Iowa defense...and likely a good prep for ISU.

Offensively...I'm really curious how much time Petras has to throw. SDSU has some speed on the edge, but we should be able to control the pocket. Honestly, this is the key to Iowa's season. Can we protect the QB. I'm pretty confident we will be a much better running team this year with the top 7 players we know about on the OL. They are big and they are athletic...they will be stronger and more physical than last year too.

Three things will emerge from this game. 1. The legend of the Iowa 2022 defense begins. 2. Iowa's young O line looks talented and promising. 3. Iowa's chip on the shoulder offense tops 35 points.

This will probably be the biggest and best line they face. The Iowa defensive line sounds dominant. There are many good options in the return game. Hell even two kickers that haven't played a down yet have both hit every attempt this summer. Iowa's running backs looked good in live action. High on the Hawks and the over in this one.

Reactions: icsedge1
S. Dakota State is an excellent team and we should expect a tough game. I think our offense should be improved, but we will need our defense and special teams to be outstanding. Go Hawks !

there is not one single fan on this board who has forgotten North Dakota State in 2016.
Oh no, we lost to a team 6 years ago.
Get over it!
I’m sure that will be discussed, don’t underestimate your opponent, it’s a four quarter game, anything can happen, you know typical coach speak. Fortunately that game has zero impact on the game this Saturday. What does make an impact is the dudes we have on D, and we have A LOT of DUDES on this D. I’m also confident in our running game. Be scared all you want, I’m expecting a one sided game.

Reactions: Ree4
Reasonable minds can disagree on how difficult it will be to beat the jackrabbits, but one thing we can all agree on is that it’s f*ing idiotic to schedule a game with SDSU or NDSU.

SDSU has two very good receivers and two very good tight ends. Their QB was hurt last year but as a true Fresh the year before he took them to FCS championship game. Same story with stud RB, hurt last year, very good year before. Their coach recently said this is the best offense he has ever had. They are coming in planning on winning. Both my sons go to SDSU but they will have their Hawkeye gear on at the game. As a South Dakotan with many SDSU friends I hope we kick their ass.
Which RB was out? From what I can tell Pierre Strong was their top rusher the last two seasons and he's with the Patriots now.

Which RB was out? From what I can tell Pierre Strong was their top rusher the last two seasons and he's with the Patriots now.
Isaiah Davis. Led the team with 818 yards and 10 TDs in 10 games as a true freshman during the spring season. Also nearly won SDSU the title on this run

I glad we're not starting out the year against the Jackrabbits. I still expect Iowa to roll them.

Isaiah Davis IS a stud. Talented "big back." Amar Johnson doesn't appear to be a bad back either ... smaller guy, probably a little shiftier.

I glad we're not starting out the year against the Jackrabbits. I still expect Iowa to roll them.
Roll is not quite the word I'd be going for.

I'll be satisfied with escape or survive ... the Hawks have a lot of "healing up" and developing to do.

I have 31 - 10 and very vanilla Offense. Defense looks great. Gives up TD to short field. Run game wears them down in 2nd Half. Williams combine for 175 yards.
I remember the 2008 Iowa game against Maine. Maine was thoroughly outmatched the entire game ... but our defense still was rather underwhelming ... letting the Black Bears run far too successfully against us.

The flip side of that affair is that a cocky young guy name Ricky Stanzi made the most of his snaps ... and lit up the Black Bears with the snaps that he was allotted.

No doubt that SDSU is FAR BETTER than the '08 Maine squad. Furthermore, heading into '22, Iowa has far too many "key pieces" currently out (injured).

Consequently, I don't expect a very comfortable or flashy game whatsoever. It may resemble something more akin to the 2017 opener against Wyoming ... perhaps with the difference that that Wyoming D is likely better than what we'll see this Saturday ... whereas the SDSU O will likely be better than what we saw from Wyoming in '17.

Reactions: owenhawk
I expect BF to script the first series, then...
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk and 515Clone
I remember the 2008 Iowa game against Maine. Maine was thoroughly outmatched the entire game ... but our defense still was rather underwhelming ... letting the Black Bears run far too successfully against us.

The flip side of that affair is that a cocky young guy name Ricky Stanzi made the most of his snaps ... and lit up the Black Bears with the snaps that he was allotted.

No doubt that SDSU is FAR BETTER than the '08 Maine squad. Furthermore, heading into '22, Iowa has far too many "key pieces" currently out (injured).

Consequently, I don't expect a very comfortable or flashy game whatsoever. It may resemble something more akin to the 2017 opener against Wyoming ... perhaps with the difference that that Wyoming D is likely better than what we'll see this Saturday ... whereas the SDSU O will likely be better than what we saw from Wyoming in '17.
They had Josh Allen back then. The SDSU QB is nowhere near that level.

Reactions: owenhawk
I think the good thing about this game is that I honestly believe, after the NDSU game 6 years ago...KF has changed the way they approach these games. I think they do way more specific game opponent stuff in the weeks prior to the game...not just during game week. I believe the old method was that the weeks leading up to game week were strictly focused on Iowa stuff. Now, I'm pretty sure they are prepping over the past two weeks.

Certainly the 2020 loss to Purdue hurt in the opener...but we haven't lost in a game like this since NDSU. I think they've added a bit more focus on the opponent during camp. It's important to start off on the right foot. I expect our gameplans to be spot on...and the team to be ready.

Reactions: F5n5
I think the good thing about this game is that I honestly believe, after the NDSU game 6 years ago...KF has changed the way they approach these games. I think they do way more specific game opponent stuff in the weeks prior to the game...not just during game week. I believe the old method was that the weeks leading up to game week were strictly focused on Iowa stuff. Now, I'm pretty sure they are prepping over the past two weeks.

Certainly the 2020 loss to Purdue hurt in the opener...but we haven't lost in a game like this since NDSU. I think they've added a bit more focus on the opponent during camp. It's important to start off on the right foot. I expect our gameplans to be spot on...and the team to be ready.
As many folks have rightly said ... oddly enough, Iowa lost the '16 game (against NDSU) in the trenches. You don't often hear that about the Hawks ... particularly in the context of a game against a non-conference foe. That season saw the emergence of Anthony Nelson ... but, back then, the Hawks only really had a 3-man rotation at DE.

On the interior, Bazata was a solid technician and Johnson was a talented "big-body." However, Ekakitie was still an enigma at that point ... in the season prior, he still wasn't really consistently productive. As the '16 season wore on, Ekakitie finally "found his groove." Anyhow, again, this illustrates that at DT, the hawks only had a 3-man rotation.

The point? The '16 DL was limited to a 6-man rotation ... with one of those guys being a redshirt freshman, albeit a talented one (in Anthony). Our most experienced "firepower" on the DL that year was our SR DT, Jaleel Johnson.

As we look at the '22 DL ... I think that we all know that the potential is there for them to be phenomenal. We'll have to see if they can "prove it" on the field. I'm pretty confident that we'll see the '22 DL be able to work with around a 10-man rotation. Guys are going to be FRESH ... and probably pretty HUNGRY too!

In '16, the Iowa OL had all sorts of injury issues - if memory serves, Myers may have been playing dinged to start the season (something they learned from and didn't repeat the following season). Furthermore, two of our top players on the interior, Welsh and Daniels, were BOTH out for that game!

From the off-season ... it sounds like the '22 squad might be coming off some injury issues too. However, truth be told - the '22 squad still seems to be "deeper" (compared to the '16 group) ... although it isn't necessarily more experienced. We'll see if it's coming into the SDSU game healthier ... that remains to be seen.

Anyhow, I expect Iowa to "win in the trenches" against SDSU ... even though the score-board may make the game look "uglier" (closer) than that.

I see you are English Syntax Challenged. That is just awful. Hey, I know, can you count correctly? If "yes", would you please count the number of disrespectful/kneelers on the team on the 3rd? No need to count South Dakota States guys. Thank you so very much and I hope this will help build your self esteem. 😁
Your lack of intelligence is showing.

ADVERTISEMENT