ADVERTISEMENT

What is your opinion on athletes using Cannabidiol (CBD)?

What is your opinion on athletes using Cannabidiol (CBD)?

• Yes You Approve

Votes: 51 58.0%
  • No You Do Not Approve

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Don't know enough about it

Votes: 27 30.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QuickPinToWin

Scout Team
Oct 2, 2018
Last edited:
Big things are changing with the Farm Bill being revised. So what do you think about athletes using CBD?
Non THC, which gets you "high". A few random articles. Would like to hear your opinion.
https://floydsofleadville.com/benefits-cbd-oil-athletes/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nickko...ts-leagues-see-the-light-on-cbd/#2ba062c78577
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ayers-use-cannabidiol-pain-treatment-recovery
All for it. Because it's newly "non taboo" the research that's out there does not have a lot of the long term results we normally see but in my own experience and what I've read, it's nothing but possitive.

Unrealated, if THC is legalized nationally, athletes should be able to use it, along with CBD.

it doesn't help w/ nagging injuries or pain?

then why would athletes use it for anything other than recreational purposes?

isn't 'helping pain' the reasons pro athletes say they want it legal?

Why, if it has no high, would anyone use it for recreational purposes:confused:?

I can see the pain control if it works-can tell you that for me personally it did not.

Reactions: grapplefann

Please explain yourself. I'm not following what you are saying. Thanks.

CBD has no "high". I have tried it for pain/ healing and for mood impact that people claim it has, I have never noticed a benefit from the vape but I know people close to me that claim it has made a hugh difference in their life. The muscle baum I got in CO however has worked wonders for me on sore muscles.

If it has no performance enhancing properties, I am all for it for recovery, but then again I am in favor of saunas for recovery too so...

Unfortunately there are more unknowns than knowns so I don't see it being sports legal any time soon. Plus, even if it's legal, I dont see TNT having anything to do with something with such a negative stereotype ie. I also find a 7&7 pretty good for recovery and we know what they think of that.

Please explain yourself. I'm not following what you are saying. Thanks.
]

i honestly don't know much about it. i thought it was used for pain relief/aching.

you're asking if we approve/disapprove of athletes using it.

what do athletes use it for?

CBD has no "high". I have tried it for pain/ healing and for mood impact that people claim it has, I have never noticed a benefit from the vape but I know people close to me that claim it has made a hugh difference in their life. The muscle baum I got in CO however has worked wonders for me on sore muscles.

If it has no performance enhancing properties, I am all for it for recovery, but then again I am in favor of saunas for recovery too so...

Unfortunately there are more unknowns than knowns so I don't see it being sports legal any time soon. Plus, even if it's legal, I dont see TNT having anything to do with something with such a negative stereotype ie. I also find a 7&7 pretty good for recovery and we know what they think of that.
CBA is going to legal for all sports by 2020. NBA is already legal?
Good time to pick up some stock....NOT TLRY :)

Last edited:
What were you subscribed? Very curious as I wonder about CBD effectiveness. Also, where you on other pain killers before?

I assume you mean prescribed as in a prescription rather than subscribed which I am not sure what you mean then.

No prescription on the CBD. Over the counter brands at Health Food stores and online purchases.

Yes, I use several other natural pain relievers. Several types of high potency Curcumin extracts, 5-Lox inhibitor and ComfortMax, both from the Life Extension foundation.

Reactions: QuickPinToWin
I assume you mean prescribed as in a prescription rather than subscribed which I am not sure what you mean then.

No prescription on the CBD. Over the counter brands at Health Food stores and online purchases.

Yes, I use several other natural pain relievers. Several types of high potency Curcumin extracts, 5-Lox inhibitor and ComfortMax, both from the Life Extension foundation.

You need the real deal... A strong strain of indica. Bio-Jesus or Lime Sorbet would be perfect for you.

That said CBD worked wonders for a friends wife who is super strait edge about marijuana. She suffered from horrible menstral cramps and migraines. The CBD greatly relieved the symptoms of both.

I would never recommend CBD over real THCA because there is a dramatic difference between the effectiveness of each, but understand some can’t use the real thing due to big pharmaceutical companies lining politicians pockets. Beyond infuriating.

Last edited:
You need the real deal... A strong strain of indica. Bio-Jesus or Lime Sorbet would be perfect for you.

That said CBD worked wonders for a friends wife who is super strait edge about marijuana. She suffered from horrible menstral cramps and migraines. The CBD greatly relieved the symptoms of both.

I would never recommend CBD over real THCA because there is a dramatic difference between the effectiveness of each, but understand some can’t use the real thing due to big pharmaceutical companies lining politicians pockets. Beyond infuriating.
Personally, I think CBD is a joke, and am not sure it provides anything more than a placebo effect. But if it’s an incremental step towards full legalization than I’m all for it.

Athletes, and everyone else, should be able to use marijuana. This is hardly even debateable anymore.

Personally, I think CBD is a joke, and am not sure it provides anything more than a placebo effect. But if it’s an incremental step towards full legalization than I’m all for it.

Athletes, and everyone else, should be able to use marijuana. This is hardly even debateable anymore.
It's the real deal.
BTW, full legalization by the feds is coming. Both Sessions are gone. Just a matter of time and it's coming sooner than later. Thank Canada for it.

BTW, who else loves the smell of weed?

Have sister suffering with ovarian cancer and CBD taken orally has helped as a soothing and calming treatment. Have talked to others who have said the rubbing oil is effective in treating sore muscles. Come from a state-Wahington-where by initiative vote of the people use of recreational marijuana (with THC) was approved two years ago. Initiative was backed heavily by police and sheriffs associations for two reasons—sales tax on marijuana, which I believe approaches 20%, is partially dedicated for law enforcement purposes and law enforcement time is not taken chasing marijuana users for misdemeanor prosecution. My personal experience is that marijuana has far less impact on the body than alcohol. High is completely different and does not lead to aggressive behavior as sometimes results from alcohol. I believe the primary concern with marijuana usage is not use of the drug itself but the concern it will lead to addiction to other drugs, heroin, cocaine, etc. that have more severe impact on the body and user behavior. Marijuana sold for recreational use today is far stronger than what was used in the 60’s and 70’s but impact on the body, other than quicker highs, appears to be no different. My experience is that stores that sell the drug are most helpful in guiding buyers toward the product that will accomplish the experience the user wants, from relaxation, to a mild high, to a stronger psychedelic experience. By the way, marijuana sellers are highly regulated and must go through a stringent approval process, much more difficult than the convenience stores that sell beer and liquor. Eventually marijuana will be legalized nationally for recreational use and, in my opinion, should be approved nationally now for medical use.

CBD’s are anti-inflammatory and help with seizure disorders.

Some strains of cannabis help with chronic pain. Glaucoma and multiple sclerosis patients also see benefits and relief.

I’ve experienced chronic pain relief measured in weeks from a THC topical rubbed into my neck/upper back one time.

It can also be an attitude adjustment.

CBD’s are no joke to those with seizure disorders. There are also serious anti-inflammatory properties.

CBD’s, in general won’t get you high. But they can adjust ones attitude. It is subtle, but real. (I worked with a high CBD Nepali strain back in the day that eventually showed me its attitudinal properties.)

CBD’s are no joke to those with seizure disorders. There are also serious anti-inflammatory properties.

CBD’s, in general won’t get you high. But they can adjust ones attitude. It is subtle, but real. (I worked with a high CBD Nepali strain back in the day that eventually showed me its attitudinal properties.)
Love this guy. Finally HR gets an actual expert to speak on an issue. Agree with this 100%.

Reactions: grapplefann
Great question. I’m headed to a job interview for one of our participants but will be replying a bit later.

Prayers for you that they don't run a Drug Test on you..............
images

I have a son who has seizures and when he failed all the pharma drugs we looked to CBD. He is currently on month 5 of no seizure activity. Being honest, it irks me when people like you who have zero knowledge of a product and don't believe in it and then spout your opinion as knowledge. If you don't know about something, don't comment.

My wife also has rheumatoid arthritis. She takes CBD and the inflammation in her hands was painful and now it's manageable.

Like many drugs, CBD may not work for everyone but it does for a lot of people. If you are looking for a great CBD product, let me know. We have tried several and our current one seems to have had the best results for us.

I have a son who has seizures and when he failed all the pharma drugs we looked to CBD. He is currently on month 5 of no seizure activity. Being honest, it irks me when people like you who have zero knowledge of a product and don't believe in it and then spout your opinion as knowledge. If you don't know about something, don't comment.

My wife also has rheumatoid arthritis. She takes CBD and the inflammation in her hands was painful and now it's manageable.

Like many drugs, CBD may not work for everyone but it does for a lot of people. If you are looking for a great CBD product, let me know. We have tried several and our current one seems to have had the best results for us.
Sorry, did not mean to offend. You are right, that the there does appear to be evidence of the anti-seizure properties. Lots of studies supporting treatment of epilepsy. It is the other uses that I am very skeptical about. Joke is not a word I should have used.

As far as your wife, I’m glad she found something that works for her. The medical evidence is not there yet, to support the treatment for this purpose, but if it helps in your case than who cares what medical evidence there is.

Last edited:
You approve, huh?

No, I don't approve or disapprove. My opinion is based on what the NCAA and/or WADA say. My only concern is that if it is approved (they don't actually approve drugs/supplements-they just ban them), is it won't be utilized by many wrestlers other than heavyweights. The cravings for pop tarts, frozen pizza, and Doritos will prove to be hard for those managing their weight.

No, I don't approve or disapprove. My opinion is based on what the NCAA and/or WADA say. My only concern is that if it is approved (they don't actually approve drugs/supplements-they just ban them), is it won't be utilized by many wrestlers other than heavyweights. The cravings for pop tarts, frozen pizza, and Doritos will prove to be hard for those managing their weight.
Not sure you were following the serious discussion going on here, if you were and you were smart, you would have been able to deduce, especially from what I have posted on here, that Cheetos and Ben & Jerry's are by far the go to snacks and frozen pizza's only if they are Party Pizzas. :cool:

I just bought a CBD tincture 2 weeks ago for the first time to give it a try for pain relief. Most notable benefit for me is the pain in my hands from arthritis and carpal tunnel is greatly reduced. And I just bought the lowest concentration to begin with.

Please let me know what product etc you recommend. I’m a novice in this but will continue to take it as it’s definitly helped. Also what method of taking it do you find most effective?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT