ADVERTISEMENT

What is your TORCON today?

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Even I had to take a break from the political shows today, but I couldn't find much to watch. Finally I settled on the Weather Channel and it looks like there is a big chance of tornadoes for the next few days over much of Tornado Alley. Eastern Iowa looks to be on the extreme edge of the watch area. Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, and Kansas look to be in the crosshairs.
Jim Cantore is on the ground in Oklahoma just hoping for a big one.

The weather feels right in Dallas. It's humid and partly sunny. There are all kinds of clouds, high and low.
Wouldn't be a bit surprised if we get some good sized hail today.

Showers and Thunderstorms this morning in Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri have established an outflow boundary that may prevent the warm front from lifting way north and limiting things in Southern Nebraska/Northern Kansas.

Tornadoes are a weather phenomenon
that impact the middle of the country in
the spring and summer months. Warm
fronts and cold fronts collide, producing
the twister. Some say tornAYdo, and some
say torNAHdo.

The bottom line is these can be very
dangerous storms.

Tornadoes are a weather phenomenon
that impact the middle of the country in
the spring and summer months. Warm
fronts and cold fronts collide, producing
the twister. Some say tornAYdo, and some
say torNAHdo.

The bottom line is these can be very
dangerous storms.

When did you switch to Lute style postings

Showers and Thunderstorms this morning in Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri have established an outflow boundary that may prevent the warm front from lifting way north and limiting things in Southern Nebraska/Northern Kansas.
This post makes me think of Sam Elliott in We Were Soldiers for some reason.
Looks like it's really starting to cook up west of Kansas City right now. There is lots of red along the I-35 corridor.

This post makes me think of Sam Elliott in We Were Soldiers for some reason.
Looks like it's really starting to cook up west of Kansas City right now. There is lots of red along the I-35 corridor.

This is now mainly a heavy rain event IMO. You might get some gusty winds and hail MAYBE even a quick spin up, but definitely not the Tornado outbreak that was predicted.

Now there is an enhanced severe risk for a large area on Wednesday. It will be interesting to see what happens. Especially since there are overnight storms, will the atmosphere destabilize enough?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT