ADVERTISEMENT

What just happened at the end of the game? Looks like something happened.

The Illinois assistant coach was pretty pissed off about something.

Haha, reading Fran’s lips. He said f$ck it, and waved the team out of there after arguing with Illinois’s assistant coaches.

Reactions: Rudolph
Anybody see it?
The last couple of seconds CMac had the ball tucked under his arm, and an Illini player kept trying to knock it out, as the clock expired. Connor tossed it to the ref as he headed off the floor, and it looked like he said something toward their bench as he was walking off. As they started the handshake line the first Illini coach wouldn't shake Frans hand and he was really jawing at Fran bigtime, and going off. Fran just turned and waved the kids off. Again, I'm sure he'll take some crap for this, but was probably he best thing to do. Looked like the Illni coach wanted a piece of somebody, and no need for this to turn into another Kansas-KSU deal....

If they don't want Weezy dunking on them, then play defense and quit belly aching. What a massive douche that coach is.
or just admit you lost and let the game end.

if you're not gonna let the game end, of course the other team is gonna keep playing.

some real bright ones over there :)

Reactions: Eternal Return
Connor said something after getting hammered and the ref not wanting to extend the game with a fouls call. You can see an Illini assistant start jawing as Connor was walking away. Fran made it to the assistant as he was still jawing. Fran said something and two assistants starting jawing at him. Fran basically said F this you babies and rightfully so.

Sour grapes from the Illini staff. Both teams were doing some trash talk all game. Iowa gained the upper hand late so some thin skinned Illini staff had some sour grapes after the Joe W dunk and Connor talking some trash after getting hammered.

Connor said something after getting hammered and the ref not wanting to extend the game with a fouls call. You can see an Illini assistant start jawing as Connor was walking away. Fran made it to the assistant as he was still jawing. Fran said something and two assistants starting jawing at him. Fran basically said F this you babies and rightfully so.

Sour grapes from the Illini staff. Both teams were doing some trash talk all game. Iowa gained the upper hand late so some thin skinned Illini staff had some sour grapes after the Joe W dunk and Connor talking some trash after getting hammered.
I wasn’t there but watched the end several times now. When Connor hit Weezy for the dunk you can see the Illini staff is pissed. As far as camera angles there is no taunting by anybody. Connor plays to crowd but that’s it. I believe the impetus for the beef is Weez’s dunk, which is ridiculous. Usually when a play appears to be in poor sportsmanship the announcers opine as such. Neither TV guy intimated anything during the play or after that it was anything other than the right play given you don’t want to be fouled and you hit the open guy. And the way Weez caught it really laying it up was his only “safe” play.

I try to give everybody benefit of the doubt, find reason to empathize, but I have zero fücks to give the Illini coaching staff — not just for having a beef and most certainly not for how they chose to address their beef.

Again I have a feeling B1G will reprimand — possibly Illini staff AND refs. They should have called Frazier for holding CJ, then the guy for slapping at Connor. Then the way they treated Connor for what looked like a very reasonable “WTF guys? Blow the whistle!” basically telling him fück you get to your bench, well that looked worse for them than it did for Connor.

Again, opinions formed by watching on TV.

Illini has 5 games in a row versus ranked teams. They are 0-1 so far. .Like Rutgers, Illinois will struggle in the limelight.

I wasn’t there but watched the end several times now. When Connor hit Weezy for the dunk you can see the Illini staff is pissed. As far as camera angles there is no taunting by anybody. Connor plays to crowd but that’s it. I believe the impetus for the beef is Weez’s dunk, which is ridiculous. Usually when a play appears to be in poor sportsmanship the announcers opine as such. Neither TV guy intimated anything during the play or after that it was anything other than the right play given you don’t want to be fouled and you hit the open guy. And the way Weez caught it really laying it up was his only “safe” play.

I try to give everybody benefit of the doubt, find reason to empathize, but I have zero fücks to give the Illini coaching staff — not just for having a beef and most certainly not for how they chose to address their beef.

Again I have a feeling B1G will reprimand — possibly Illini staff AND refs. They should have called Frazier for holding CJ, then the guy for slapping at Connor. Then the way they treated Connor for what looked like a very reasonable “WTF guys? Blow the whistle!” basically telling him fück you get to your bench, well that looked worse for them than it did for Connor.

Again, opinions formed by watching on TV.

I agree that this contributed to it greatly. This is B1G basketball. If you're going to be running your mouth all game then you better be prepared to embrace the suck when the other team finishes you off. The Illini coaches forgot to pack their big boy pants. I love the sharp edge this Iowa team has. GTFO our court!!

Reactions: Rudolph
If they're still in the press, they haven't conceded the game. Absolutely nothing wrong with putting the ball in the basket under those conditions.
If Illinois doesn't like it, call off the press and we'll dribble out the clock. It's that goddamn simple.

If they're still in the press, they haven't conceded the game. Absolutely nothing wrong with putting the ball in the basket under those conditions.
If Illinois doesn't like it, call off the press and we'll dribble out the clock. It's that goddamn simple.

Agreed and it should normally go without having to be said. Connor is 100% correct too. The ref ushering him off the court and Connor basically told them that this mess was their doing. You can’t allow a player to sit there and be a “proverbial” punching bag and not expect some sort of response. As a ref if you don’t control it, this is the result.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT