ADVERTISEMENT

What meat do you all use for your chili?

The key, for me, to using stew meat/steak rather than ground meat is using a pressure cooker/instant pot. I also use dried pinto beans, and around 100 minutes in the instant pot makes for very tender meat and beans. I started doing this a few years ago and haven’t looked back at ground meat, canned beans or an open pot.

Isn't Chili food for the poors? I'm surprised this is being discussed on HROT, given the many multi-billionaires on here.

Reactions: Gimmered
Sometimes it feels good to slum it with the common folk.
That must be it :) I worked in a lab once where the rich PI's wife used to make fun of food that was made in a crock pot. During Christmas, the workshop next to us would have crockpots and she'd thumb her nose and say, "See, those people never accomplished anything in life." And I was like "Yeah, totally!"

Reactions: Tenacious E
That must be it :) I worked in a lab once where the rich PI's wife used to make fun of food that was made in a crock pot. During Christmas, the workshop next to us would have crockpots and she'd thumb her nose and say, "See, those people never accomplished anything in life." And I was like "Yeah, totally!"
god some people are assholes. There is a lot of assholery here but I think 99% of it is not serious.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Best chili I’ve made had deer meat and bratwurst (the 2nd being a highly underrated addition to any soup).

We always make 2 pots and wife likes hamburger so I use 1/2 pound of that and whatever happens to be in the fridge/freezer (some combo of bacon, Philly meat, brats, sausage, carnitas, brisket and pulled pork)

90% ground beef. Seasoned pepper, garlic salt seasoned salt. We make salsa which adds special flavor to the brew.

ADVERTISEMENT