ADVERTISEMENT

What OCs are looking for work or available?

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
Just in case a change is made. Bryan Leftwich is now available and was OC for a Tampa Bay team that he had still heavy in pro style offense with a heavy amount of run game with Fournette, James White, etc. Of course the last few years they had and have some great receivers for Brady.

I would take a guy like that who knows how to run a pro passing attack.

As an aside, how many of you saw the last gasp 4th down pass by the vikes with about 8 yards to go. They threw it short, a 4 yard pass to hockenson. Yeah he is a beast after the catch but he was coming back to the ball running sideways to be easily pushed out of bounds. Just remember when you scream at Kirk and Brian and used to scream and KOK and Greg Davis that even the pros throw short of the sticks a lot of times.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Just in case a change is made. Bryan Leftwich is now available and was OC for a Tampa Bay team that he had still heavy in pro style offense with a heavy amount of run game with Fournette, James White, etc. Of course the last few years they had and have some great receivers for Brady.

I would take a guy like that who knows how to run a pro passing attack.

As an aside, how many of you saw the last gasp 4th down pass by the vikes with about 8 yards to go. They threw it short, a 4 yard pass to hockenson. Yeah he is a beast after the catch but he was coming back to the ball running sideways to be easily pushed out of bounds. Just remember when you scream at Kirk and Brian and used to scream and KOK and Greg Davis that even the pros throw short of the sticks a lot of times.
That’s what Vikings do. Remember Favre being Favre and playing back yard football and chucking it over the middle late versus New Orleans? It’s the curse.

I think Tom goes to San Fran for a year and Purdy plays backup.
I could see this scenario possibly, however, if SF keeps winning and Purdy keeps playing good and even improves, I see Shanahan sticking with Brock Purdy as the starter for next year and it will be his job to lose. But if Brock Purdy falls apart in the next game or two, then Brady to SF could be a possibility.

Reactions: Bishop1971
I could see this scenario possibly, however, if SF keeps winning and Purdy keeps playing good and even improves, I see Shanahan sticking with Brock Purdy as the starter for next year and it will be his job to lose. But if Brock Purdy falls apart in the next game or two, then Brady to SF could be a possibility.
Is Garrapolo's injury that bad or was he in his last or option year with the 49ers?

Is Garrapolo's injury that bad or was he in his last or option year with the 49ers?

The Niners had written Garappolo off and were planning on Lance being their future. He pkayed like garbage then got hurt. They had to go back to Jimmy G. Purdy got his shot when Jimmy got hurt for like the 10th time im his career. It would not surprise me to see them stick with Purdy.

The Niners had written Garappolo off and were planning on Lance being their future. He pkayed like garbage then got hurt. They had to go back to Jimmy G. Purdy got his shot when Jimmy got hurt for like the 10th time im his career. It would not surprise me to see them stick with Purdy.
Yeah, when Beathard got his 5 or so starts and other playing time with the 49ers the offense wasnt as good and their Oline was pretty avg a few years ago. CJB's first action and first start with the 9ers and there was little pass protection.

But last year and now this year, even with the slow start, the 9ers are super bowl quality.

CJB is still cashing nfl checks I believe and on the Jags roster so he cashed a playoff win check, and he hasnt had his head caved in like Tua

I would like to see Purdy and Kittle get to the super bowl against my chiefs but then I am pulling against them.

Reactions: Bishop1971
The problem is, the best OC candidate is often a sharp, young, up-and-coming football mind ready for the next step... the kind of guy with aspirations to become a HC. That's the profile that Hayden looked for.

KFz looks for a yes man that's going to do things the way he wants. So that's what we end up with.

Yeah, when Beathard got his 5 or so starts and other playing time with the 49ers the offense wasnt as good and their Oline was pretty avg a few years ago. CJB's first action and first start with the 9ers and there was little pass protection.

But last year and now this year, even with the slow start, the 9ers are super bowl quality.

CJB is still cashing nfl checks I believe and on the Jags roster so he cashed a playoff win check, and he hasnt had his head caved in like Tua

I would like to see Purdy and Kittle get to the super bowl against my chiefs but then I am pulling against them.

Niners have the best roster in football. Anything less than a championship is a fail for them.

The problem is, the best OC candidate is often a sharp, young, up-and-coming football mind ready for the next step... the kind of guy with aspirations to become a HC. That's the profile that Hayden looked for.

KFz looks for a yes man that's going to do things the way he wants. So that's what we end up with.
Yeah, it's easy to see you spent time on both staffs...🙄

Yeah, it's easy to see you spent time on both staffs...🙄
Save the eye roll for yourself. One only need observe KFz's history of OC hires and the offense they ran under him to recognize his pattern. As for Hayden, he stated many times that he looked for that in his assistants.

One doesn't have to be either staff to know those things. You simply needed to observe and read.

Reactions: RothMatt
Save the eye roll for yourself. One only need observe KFz's history of OC hires and their offense to recognize the pattern. As for Hayden, he stated many times that he looked for that in his assistants. You didn't need to be on his staff to know that. You simply needed to read...maybe that's your problem jerk off.
Hey, jackwagon, you're such an imbecile, I have to almost cry that there are Hawkeye fans as stupid as you, i.e., stupid enough KF only looks for assistants that are in line with his philosophy while Hayden simply let them run wild.

You DID recognize the eye roll. Props for that, I guess.🥶

Hey, jackwagon, you're such an imbecile, I have to almost cry that there are Hawkeye fans as stupid as you, i.e., stupid enough KF only looks for assistants that are in line with his philosophy while Hayden simply let them run wild.

You DID recognize the eye roll. Props for that, I guess.🥶
How can I possibly hang with a classy intellectual such as yourself. I bow.

You know to be honest, I am not sure what Jimmy's situation is, but I have heard through the 49er grapevine that it would cost them more to get rid of Lance then Jimmy, and Trey is still young, so if Purdy appears to be the starter for next year the dealing Jimmy might be the better option. But again, I don't really follow pro football like I used to, just in the playoffs.

This. In the miracle chance that there is a change at OC, it's going to be the most boring hire ever. That's just what Barta and Ferentz do. My $$$ would be on Budmayr.

This. In the miracle chance that there is a change at OC, it's going to be the most boring hire ever. That's just what Barta and Ferentz do. My $$$ would be on Budmayr.
Maybe that’s not the best case scenario, but it’s like going from Caligula to Claudius.

That was most likely not true, but yes, dude was definitely nuts.
Totally true. Got that info from the u. Thats about all i remember about him other than chucking money out a window and the senate was not fond of him. Love weird historical facts. A pig farmer in Indiana saw an oil to protect pigs at a worlds fair so decided to try used motor oil and lit his herd of hogs on fire by accident. Had a weird professor, lol.

Totally true. Got that info from the u. Thats about all i remember about him other than chucking money out a window and the senate was not fond of him. Love weird historical facts. A pig farmer in Indiana saw an oil to protect pigs at a worlds fair so decided to try used motor oil and lit his herd of hogs on fire by accident. Had a weird professor, lol.
I hope it is true just because it’s a good story but anything written about the Roman emperors by contemporary sources has to be taken with a big grain of salt. Whenever a new emperor was crowned the historians certainly weren’t going to say anything bad about them and in many cases they were going to make their predecessor look as bad as possible.

You answered your own question...if KFz is the "we"

I get your point but I really don't think he has done well and Michigan fans have come over here saying that we don't want him. I'd rather take a shot with an OC who is doing well from a smaller school than either a tried and failed or what we have now.

I get your point but I really don't think he has done well and Michigan fans have come over here saying that we don't want him. I'd rather take a shot with an OC who is doing well from a smaller school than either a tried and failed or what we have now.
I agree, we don't want him. I was (sarcastically) saying he fits the pattern of who KFz would hire for OC.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
ADVERTISEMENT