ADVERTISEMENT

What OCs are looking for work or available?

The problem is, the best OC candidate is often a sharp, young, up-and-coming football mind ready for the next step... the kind of guy with aspirations to become a HC. That's the profile that Hayden looked for.

KFz looks for a yes man that's going to do things the way he wants. So that's what we end up with.
This might be true to an extent. I don't know that he seeks yes men as much as he appears to favor familiarity and trust over all else when it comes to bringing in assistants. That's probably more the case the older he gets and the more risk averse he becomes. Who has he hired of consequence outside of his immediate circle in the last 20 years? Maybe Greg Davis but he had a long body of work that Kirk was familiar with. Not sure what other connection he might have had.. Budmayr might come closest to this but even he came on staff as a try and buy, having to wait in the wings as an advisor while Kirk became comfortable with him. He certainly isn't about to hire someone that he hasn't already worked with or doesn't have a long history to be OC. At least not that I can see. That would probably point to Budmayr as the new OC if Brian can find a home.

That would probably point to Budmayr as the new OC if Brian can find a home.
This is likely true, but I just have to laugh. What other program in college football history would not fire their incompetent OC (or any other coach) until they were sure he had another job? Not to mention the fact that he's been around this long because the HC's old lady wants to be able to see the grandkids regularly. This situation has become a total joke, plain and simple.

This is likely true, but I just have to laugh. What other program in college football history would not fire their incompetent OC (or any other coach) until they were sure he had another job? Not to mention the fact that he's been around this long because the HC's old lady wants to be able to see the grandkids regularly. This situation has become a total joke, plain and simple.
Well, unfortunately the program has become a target of derision by the national media and the poster child for nepotism hires gone wrong. I'm sure that it's taken its toll on the family but I'd be surprised if Kirk didn't still feel as though they're on the right track. He's weathered a lot of storms in his career and he sees this as yet another.

It's not like there hasn't been other examples of this with the one that comes closest to mind down at FSU where I think they paid Bowden's OC son around $500k to go away.

While technically I'm currently gainfully employed, for the right amount of money I can be available. I mean, I'm in no way qualified, but I figure with all of the geniuses here all I need to do is open the live game thread and you'll all call a masterful game.

Reactions: hawkeyebob62
While technically I'm currently gainfully employed, for the right amount of money I can be available. I mean, I'm in no way qualified, but I figure with all of the geniuses here all I need to do is open the live game thread and you'll all call a masterful game.
You can’t do any worse than what we’ve had the last two years!

• Haha
Reactions: Rambler Hawk

001030555FRO_SW_3x5_Main__43391.1691113159.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT