ADVERTISEMENT

What people/ businesses/ products do you hold their politics against?

Does politics interfere with your purchasing/ entertainment? Which of these applies?

• If I found out that a singer had different stances on major issues I'd stop liking songs by them

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • If someone had different stances on major issues I'd stop buying their products (Starbucks/ Pillow)

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • If someone had different stances on major issues I wouldn't use their service (Twitter/Uber)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • If someone had different stances on major issues I'd stop using what I own of theirs (Apple/ Toyota)

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • If someone had different stances on major issues I'd stop wanting to bang them.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • If I found a charity I liked supported other issues I didn't like, I'd stop giving to them.

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • I don't give a crap about someone's politics. If they have a good product I'll buy it.

Votes: 40 65.6%

• Total voters
I voted "I don't give a crap.....", but that still isn't quite accurate.

I won't eat at 11th Street Precinct or patronize any other restaurant owned by the same guy because it is well documented that he is a bigot and all around asshole.

However, if his businesses were my only option in the area to get decent bar food, I wouldn't think twice about eating at them when I was in the mood for that sort of thing.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I harbor resentment for almost every dollar I spend, so it’s emotionally easier for me to spend my money at places I already dislike.

Reactions: TennNole17
You wont find "Firestone" anywhere on my automobiles......two cars ago I requested the "stock" Firestone tires be replaced before I picked up the car......a couple of days later I went to pick up the car and the tires were still on.....I walk,,,,the salesmen panickled and asked "whY?"....I reexplained...his answer was...."Oh, I thought you were kidding"............Well, I wasn't.........
The tires were replaced and I was on my way home an hour later......

Firestone is one of the original "union busters" and caused great hardships in DSM with a strike/lock-out 40 years ago......I don't ever use "Bridgestone" golf balls, either......

I don't think about it too much. I guess I actively seek places with similar values/politics when I donate, but this isn't always the case if I strongly support thier charter.

As for businesses, the my pillow is seems crazy, but I don't know much about the overers of Hobby Lobby or CFA. Other than being Christian owned and not open Sunday, I don't see much from them.

As for entertainers, I stopped cheering for Tiger and obviously Cosby is a POS. Probably others, but not thinking of them. Not really applicable as far as me supporting by buying/giving.

Right now, it's only My Pillow. Mike Lindell jumped the shark.
Yeah I agree- he’s a nutjob.
I generally don’t make some conscientious buying decisions on politics or the perceived status of a store. I shop at Walmart and I don’t care who else does or doesn’t. Or what they think of me.

Definitely won't shop at Hobby Lobby.

Definitely not gonna bang a MAGAt.
I never shop at HL because they’re overpriced IMO and their stuff isn’t that unique.
I’m not into MAGATs either because they’re just weird and they were weird BEFORE they were MAGATs.

Someone the other day mentioned they wouldn't bang AOC because of her politics. I also know people on here who won't eat a chicken sandwich from Chick Fil A because of theirs'. I knew a guy who stopped liking Elton John when he found out he was gay (not sure how he didn't know already). Catholics don't give to Susan G. Komen because of their pro-abortion stance.

Are you someone like this?

Vote for as many that are applicable.
So I guess your friend doesn’t watch TV shows, movies or much live theater and basically doesn’t buy from any company since almost everyone is connected to someone who is gay?

There’s so my with My Pillow guy. I tried them before I knew he was crazy and three strikes, you’re out applies:

1. The pillows suck
2. He’s completely crazy
3. Unhealthy level of obsession with Trump

I’m out.

I support Chic-Fil-A because
  1. Their food is delicious
  2. They treat their employees right
  3. Their employees aren’t stupid/assholes
  4. Their customer service is the best
  5. To frustrate whiney bitches on HROT who get their panties in a wad because they’re run by a religious owner who choose to be closed on Sunday and who believe the false narrative that they discriminate against gays, trannies, whatever else people are these days.

I support Chic-Fil-A because
  1. Their food is delicious
  2. They treat their employees right
  3. Their employees aren’t stupid/assholes
  4. Their customer service is the best
  5. To frustrate whiney bitches on HROT who get their panties in a wad because they’re run by a religious owner who choose to be closed on Sunday and who believe the false narrative that they discriminate against gays, trannies, whatever else people are these days.
Oh yeah, you sure showed them!

So, if James Woods and Jon Voight were starring in a new Quentin Tarrentino movie with a Ted Nugent Soundtrack and you really loved QT movies, would you be able to watch it or enjoy it, knowing those guys are Trumpers?
This sounds terrible. Tarantino has had some good ones, but also some bad... and the rest...
Demarcus Cousins Sport GIF

I honestly don’t get the Hobby Lobby political boycott. Unless it’s something they did besides only providing 18 of the 22 possible birth control options to their employees.

I honestly don’t get the Hobby Lobby political boycott. Unless it’s something they did besides only providing 18 of the 22 possible birth control options to their employees.

Well there was the whole illegally importing stolen ancient artifacts too.

Reactions: ping72
I have a MyPillow. It was gifted to me years ago. When Mike Lindell emerged as a circus clown, I didn’t even think about getting rid of the pillow. It’s incredible. And I’m not sorry. 🙂

I'm just the opposite. When the libtards try to cancel something then I support that company. Everybody in my family got My Pillow's products for Christmas the last 2 years and will again this year.

I'm just the opposite. When the libtards try to cancel something then I support that company. Everybody in my family got My Pillow's products for Christmas the last 2 years and will again this year.
Why do you hate your family so much?

Politics aside, the My Pillow products are dog shit. I received one of their pillows in a work white elephant party a few years ago and it went in the trash after two nights. It felt like pillow case full of ripped up egg crate foam.

Did you try to cancel the Constitution like your master wanted?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT