ADVERTISEMENT

What pillow do you use?

fredjr82

HR Legend
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
The older I get, the more particular I've become with what kind of pillow I sleep with. I don't like them too thin, too thick, too firm, etc. I've pondered buying the Tempur-Pedic pillow but it's like $175. I'd hate to not love it at that price.

Use anything fancy or just "off the shelf" variety?

I can't remember the brand, but it's a Tempur-pedic-ish pillow. I'm a side sleeper and prefer firm/thick. I got a fancy one with the shoulder notch cut out and the cooling gel on top. Almost 4 years later, it's holding up and the cooling gel still works. Love the pillow.

Reactions: fredjr82
I prefer OP's mom's big, fluffy pillows.
planes-trains-automobiles-those-arent-pillows.gif

I am a pillow nightmare.

Body Pillow with L shape at end to use it as regular pillow.

Foot pillow under sheet because I need to have my knee bent due to knee surgery years ago.

Pillows lodged behind bed because I hang my arm off due to shoulder surgery.

Other pillow for me to throw my leg over to help ease nerve pain.

Pillow at head below body pillow.

Pillow under sheet at waist because I sleep with the electric bed shifter to have my upper body bent up and that pillow helps me from hyperflexing my lower spine...where the metal rod is.

Hotel beds are goddamned nightmares.

All 100% true. Wife calls me the Princess and the Pea. Pretty funny when you learn what that is.

What ever pillow my wife bought 3 months ago when she bought the new bed.

My pillows
Does not mean I support the person.
Just like the pillow

My wife bought My Pillows a year ago and I love mine, she hates hers.

This is my struggle. I don't want to buy an expensive pillow and hate it. I bought like a $40 pillow from Costco thinking I would love it and I f'ing hate it. I know $40 isn't a lot to HORTers but I'd buy the Tempur if it meant I'd never buy another type of pillow again.

I am a pillow nightmare.

Foot pillow under sheet because I need to have my knee bent due to knee surgery years ago.

Pillow under sheet at waist because I sleep with the electric bed shifter to have my upper body bent up and that pillow helps me from hyperflexing my lower spine...where the metal rod is.

All 100% true. Wife calls me the Princess and the Pea. Pretty funny when you learn what that is.

That sounds horrible. JFC. I thought I was bad because I needed a pillow between my knees because I don't like when they touch when I lay on my side. I really wish I was a back sleeper. I think this pillow shit would all go away.

My arms do fall asleep depending on which side I'm laying on. I have to flip to the other side an wait for the other arm to do the same thing. RInse and repeat

Reactions: Hammer93
I bought mypillows before we learned Mike Lindell was nuts. They really helped my neck/back though. Saves me at least 3-4 trips to the chiropractor every year.

I got the firm ones from bedbathandbeyond initially, but didn't like them, and exchanged for the regular fill. That worked better for me.

I am a pillow nightmare.

While I don't have nearly as many pillows, I do like to have one under my leg (I sleep kind of on my stomach/side with a leg kicked out) - it puts my leg at a better angle.

I definitely agree about hotel beds. Most of them are hard for me to get used to, compared to my own.

I have one particular pillow that I use.. No idea what brand, I think it's just some random, off-the-shelf generic pillow - but it fits my head/neck perfectly; I don't sleep well with anything else. I've had it for years; it's tattered & ragged, looks like hell. My wife keeps trying to throw it out, but I keep salvaging it. When she goes on cleaning binges, I'll hide it in my car so she doesn't throw it in the trash.
If she was to succeed in getting it to the curb, and a homeless dude came upon it, I'm pretty sure he'd leave it because he probably has something nicer & newer back at the homeless camp. I don't give a damn - I sleep well with it.

After my neck fusion, my son who works in the bedding industry, got me a tempur pedic pillow which really supports my head and keeps my neck in line.

While I don't have nearly as many pillows, I do like to have one under my leg (I sleep kind of on my stomach/side with a leg kicked out) - it puts my leg at a better angle.

I definitely agree about hotel beds. Most of them are hard for me to get used to, compared to my own.

I also do this weird thing where I fold the corner in on my pillow. I like the pressure to be at a certain spot on my head.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
This is my struggle. I don't want to buy an expensive pillow and hate it. I bought like a $40 pillow from Costco thinking I would love it and I f'ing hate it. I know $40 isn't a lot to HORTers but I'd buy the Tempur if it meant I'd never buy another type of pillow again.
We only paid $35.00 on sale for our My Pillows which I thought was reasonable.
friend was agas we paid that and they are very well to do.
She bought one and tried it 2 days and gave it away. Don't know what she uses now but still complains of neck pain. Some like them, others don't.

We only paid $35.00 on sale for our My Pillows which I thought was reasonable.
friend was agas we paid that and they are very well to do.
She bought one and tried it 2 days and gave it away. Don't know what she uses now but still complains of neck pain. Some like them, others don't.

The Tempur-Pedic brand is like $100-$150 per pillow.

We have Coop pillows, which I believe is an Amazon brand. When I went to purchase and was looking at various pillows, they were really well reviewed by various websites. We both love ours, and they come with a bag of extra stuffing and have a zipper, so you can add or remove stuffing to get it to your liking. And if you buy during Prime Days (which unfortunately just ended), they are always like 20% off.

Amazon product ASIN B01LYU7V4S

Two cheap pillows from probably Wal-Mart and a body pillow.

All I need.

I wouldn't mind spending a bunch of money on a nice pillow if I 100% knew it would be better.

At this point there's no need, I could sleep like a baby on concrete.

I am a pillow nightmare.

VdEuLp8.gif

That sounds horrible. JFC. I thought I was bad because I needed a pillow between my knees because I don't like when they touch when I lay on my side. I really wish I was a back sleeper. I think this pillow shit would all go away.

My arms do fall asleep depending on which side I'm laying on. I have to flip to the other side an wait for the other arm to do the same thing. RInse and repeat
Get rid of your head board and stack pillows behind your bed and hang your arm off onto them. Will change your life. When I’m in hotels I ask for extra pillows and pull the bed away from the wall so I can do this.

I am a pillow nightmare.

I'm going to share this with Mr. Birch who believes the number of pillows I use is "excessive and unnecessary."

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
I bought mine at the Columbia outlet store. It’s a cooling pillow that I really like.

I use a My Pillow. It's ok, but not great. I need to do some research and find a good down alternative pillow. I generally like the down alternative pillows in hotels.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT