ADVERTISEMENT

What pillow do you use?

It’s pillow chaos in my house. Young kids and my nopic wife stealing bedding back and forth from master bedroom to kids rooms. Last night I think I ended up with what I think is a yoga bolster. I buy a good pillow every now and then and it usually promptly disappears. Thankfully I rarely struggle with comfort in bed positioning.

I have two down pillows. One is newer and moderately filled and goes under my head. The other is older than time and goes under my arm. My wife hides the old pillow under the others on the bed because it's an eyesore and is weird and lumpy. But I can shape it to relieve the pressure in my bad shoulder when I sleep and anything newer will be too firm to do that right.

Reactions: fredjr82
Lindell always reminded me of Paul Bearer from WWE

images
YES!

11Yb.gif

Reactions: pink shizzle
Buckwheat pillow. Cool to sleep on and very firm. I don’t toss and turn with it. Tried a MyPillow and hated it. Noise took awhile to get used to.

I was in a Mattress store recently (different thread but aren't most of those just money laundering outfits?) and they had a brand called Purple. It was kind of nice but I only used it for a minute.

41YuJIfmRPS._AC_SY580_.jpg
I bought a Purple pillow this summer. It was about $150 which is way more than I would normally pay. I really love it

The older I get, the more particular I've become with what kind of pillow I sleep with. I don't like them too thin, too thick, too firm, etc. I've pondered buying the Tempur-Pedic pillow but it's like $175. I'd hate to not love it at that price.

Use anything fancy or just "off the shelf" variety?
My no pic wife has a water pillow that she fills to the thickness/firmness she wants. She has had it for years. Try that?

• Haha
I use 5 pillows. Side sleeper. One between knees, two to clutch/twist prevention, two for head (one small and thin, one nice one...can't remember the brand but I suspect it's a Purple brand. Keeps my head from leaning too far down to prevent a sore neck.

Wife bought a couple My Pillows like 4 years ago. She loves hers. I like mine, but I'm not picky and would be fine with a cheap Walmart one.

I'm just glad she didn't spend 100s of dollars finding a damn pillow.

We have Coop pillows, which I believe is an Amazon brand. When I went to purchase and was looking at various pillows, they were really well reviewed by various websites. We both love ours, and they come with a bag of extra stuffing and have a zipper, so you can add or remove stuffing to get it to your liking. And if you buy during Prime Days (which unfortunately just ended), they are always like 20% off.

Highest rated by Consumer Reports. It was worth the $70. I don't get the neck and shoulder problems anymore.

Reactions: WhiteSoxClone
I know this thread is from a year ago, but pillow preferences are timeless, right? Finding the perfect pillow can make all the difference in sleep quality. If you're still on the hunt for that ideal pillow, and you're open to trying something unique, have you ever checked out Anime Dakimakura Pillows? They bring a touch of comfort and fandom together with their cool anime designs. You can explore them at https://www.animelovepillow.com/ . Who knows, even after a year, you might discover a pillow that resonates with your preferences! Their pillows are just adorable and I'm sure you will like them.

Last edited:
I am a pillow nightmare.

Body Pillow with L shape at end to use it as regular pillow.

Foot pillow under sheet because I need to have my knee bent due to knee surgery years ago.

Pillows lodged behind bed because I hang my arm off due to shoulder surgery.

Other pillow for me to throw my leg over to help ease nerve pain.

Pillow at head below body pillow.

Pillow under sheet at waist because I sleep with the electric bed shifter to have my upper body bent up and that pillow helps me from hyperflexing my lower spine...where the metal rod is.

Hotel beds are goddamned nightmares.

All 100% true. Wife calls me the Princess and the Pea. Pretty funny when you learn what that is.
Makes looking forward to going to bed a bit difficult?

ADVERTISEMENT