ADVERTISEMENT

What section(s) of Kinnick is for Road Fans?

Dec 20, 2020
Hello, I'm an IU fan and thinking about making the trip out to Iowa for the opener this season, but was wondering what part of the stadium is for traveling fans so I know where to buy my tickets when (if?) they become available for the game. I've looked up seating charts, but none of them seem to have a visitors section labelled on the image. Thanks for your help, if anyone replies.

Lower southeast corner (109 and 110) and upper northeast corners (101 and 102).

KinnickStadium_Football-VFS_2019-12-12_2019-12-12_1152_SVGC_tn.gif

I thought I've noticed the last couple seasons it's been pretty much sections near the top of the north endzone only

Took a look about a week ago when could log in and see if wanted to move seats and what they blocked off is as noted previously most the upper parts of the NE and SE ends of the east side.

Yeah, I think its mostly a ribbon that goes across 334-338 or something like that.

Lower southeast corner (109 and 110) and upper northeast corners (101 and 102).

KinnickStadium_Football-VFS_2019-12-12_2019-12-12_1152_SVGC_tn.gif
Hasn't been that way for at least 5-6 years. They got moved to high up in the north end zone. Where they should have always been. Never understood giving them pretty good seats.

Friend won some tickets on WMT radio several years ago and I went with him.
Not really bad seats per say.
Just that you will be sitting with the opposing team fans

Last edited:
Why do the Big 10 schools give the visitors so few tickets? I have heard this is one of the reasons that we see so few SEC-Big 10 non-conference games.

Why do the Big 10 schools give the visitors so few tickets? I have heard this is one of the reasons that we see so few SEC-Big 10 non-conference games.
Give is the operative word. Why would they give up money?

Give is the operative word. Why would they give up money?
It gives you a better chance at non-conference games. It makes conference games more interesting and accessible to visiting fans. Georgia and Auburn give each other 9000-9500 tickets when they visit. I don't see any SEC schools coming to Iowa City or many other Big 10 venues getting a few seats in the corners.

Of course, with Iowa's current non-conference scheduling, it is a moot point for the Hawkeyes.

It gives you a better chance at non-conference games. It makes conference games more interesting and accessible to visiting fans. Georgia and Auburn give each other 9000-9500 tickets when they visit. I don't see any SEC schools coming to Iowa City or many other Big 10 venues getting a few seats in the corners.

Of course, with Iowa's current non-conference scheduling, it is a moot point for the Hawkeyes.

SEC teams are not coming to play in Big Ten stadiums. And it ain't because of needing some seats for visiting fans, lol. Not even close.

That number is the exception rather than the rule. The good news is SEC schools are returning tickets as fans aren’t traveling to follow their team.

“Ahead of its annual rivalry game against Ole Miss, Mississippi State sold fewer than 2,000 tickets to the Egg Bowl in Oxford, about half as many as from just two years prior.

Already this year, the University Florida ticket office has been informed that South Carolina is releasing 2,500 tickets of the 5,000 its fans could purchase for the game in the Swamp.

Even Alabama, where national championships grow on trees and fans traditionally have rolled into visiting towns like a tide, couldn’t sell more than 1,200 of its 2016 allotment of tickets to a game at Arkansas.”

good article on it.... go SEC.... solid troll effort with little to nothing to back it up. At the time of this article the iron bowl was 8,000 tickets..... for our SEC followers... that is less than the 9,000 claimed for Georgia-Auburn. Much like bowl games, you can allocate 9,000 depends on how many are sold.

Do Hoosier fans really want to put up with Iowa fans coming back from such a hiatus? Nice day + Lengthy Time to Drink + Haven't Been Able to Attend since 2019 = Rowdy Crowd.

I am guessing that one is a night game on BTN.

Other than Ohio State and Penn State, you are probably correct.
There is no reward in a Auburn, Bama or Georgia coming to Kinnick Stadium to play Iowa. We could probably get Vandy to do it. We saw Missouri turn and burn on us twice now. Maybe we could get the Razorbacks up here, but is that really beneficial to Iowa beating them?

Hello, I'm an IU fan and thinking about making the trip out to Iowa for the opener this season, but was wondering what part of the stadium is for traveling fans so I know where to buy my tickets when (if?) they become available for the game. I've looked up seating charts, but none of them seem to have a visitors section labelled on the image. Thanks for your help, if anyone replies.
Welcome, Good Luck! I hope you enjoy the game. Come early and walk around. Meet some Iowa tailgaters, have a few adult beverages and enjoy yourself.
I hope IU loses by 21+.

Last edited:
1399300314000-PinkBathroom.jpg

Reactions: kceasthawk
SEC teams are not coming to play in Big Ten stadiums.

You have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about...

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephen Hawk King
You have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about...

Yeah 2031 lol. A few years out there. Let's sign up for 2040. Real exciting when you throw Ole Missy and Missy State in there. Just barn burners.

Nebraska / Tennessee lol. Both teams are 1990s clingers.

Yeah 2031 lol. A few years out there. Let's sign up for 2040. Real exciting when you throw Ole Missy and Missy State in there. Just barn burners.

Nebraska / Tennessee lol. Both teams are 1990s clingers.
Auburn @ PSU... Bama @ Wisky... Just eat your crow and move on.

He called you on it.
Man I am just gonna quit now and go live under a bridge. I didn't know we were counting shit in the 2030s. If Iowa got Notre Dame on the schedule for 2040, some of you stooges would celebrate like it was Christmas.

Man I am just gonna quit now and go live under a bridge. I didn't know we were counting shit in the 2030s. If Iowa got Notre Dame on the schedule for 2040, some of you stooges would celebrate like it was Christmas.
His post includes games starting in 2021, drama queen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT