ADVERTISEMENT

What should I do?

Do you send your kid to school?

• Send him?

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Keep him home?

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Send your kid to school with a gun because the only thing that beats a bad kid with a gun is a good kid with a gun.

In all seriousness though I don't have kids but I would let them make the decision. If they're not comfortable keep them out for a few days. If they're OK with going back, it was probably idle threats and the kids know that.

Tough spot you're in and hope I never find myself in your position.

Hey @NCHawk5 - has it always been this hard for you to fit in? Is that why your sole purpose in life has become posting 130 times on a message board where you’re pretty roundly mocked and hated?
What’s up bud? Another rough weekend? I get along fine with the posters I like 🤷‍♂️ that’s life son.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
If the police and school won't protect the other kids, you and a few other concerned dads need to take care of things and make that future serial killer disappear.
Just kidding. Kinda.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
If the police and school won't protect the other kids, you and a few other concerned dads need to take care of things and make that future serial killer disappear.
Just kidding. Kinda.
The police chief just emailed me again. They convinced the family to give the gun to the police to be stored at the department. Huge relief and I’m comfortable with this plan.

Damn Ty. No need to go personal big guy. I’m not buying the OPs story, especially after the work gun danger post a few days ago. You do you.

What does this thread have to do with that office thread?

Not everyone lies all the time like you

Honestly, I'd keep him home. Mass shooters almost always tell their plans to someone ahead of time. I know this isn't a principled answer.

They’d just frame it as their “liberty” and 2nd amendment rights being under attack. Probably end up as key note speakers at the next CPAC.
In was raised with guns, as are many people who are not killers. These parents shouldn’t allow him to watch those movies, keep the gun locked up, take him to a counselor, or abortion him. Seriously, how did Adam Lanza’s parents not just off that psycho earlier? Just looking at pics you could see evil in his eyes.

My kid goes to the local middle school. Last week, a kid in a 5th grade class (school is 5-8) made threats to shoot his class. This student apparently idolizes serial killers and the Saw movies. He DOES have at least one gun in his house; I don’t know how secured it is.

The school is allowing him back into school tomorrow but is moving him to another class. They apparently interviewed him and determined no issues.

A lot of parents are furious that no further action is being taken. This kid will not be named, searched, or any additional scrutiny in order to protect his privacy.

EDITED TO ADD: According to rumor, this kid is a loner, hates everyone, and often states, “violence makes me happy.”
I haven't read all the replies, so I apologize if this has been said. Call the police and report it. I trust a police investigation way more than I do a school investigation that wants to keep their name out of the spotlight.

Reactions: hwk23 and Moral
I trust a police investigation way more than I do a school investigation that wants to keep their name out of the spotlight.
Even after the last two weeks where we saw police stand around while the sound of gunfire and screaming kids spilled out of the school they were 50 feet from? To their credit, they did handcuff and taze panicked parents whose children were being slaughtered and then they threatened the unarmed woman who went in and brought her children to safety not to talk to the media. Maybe OP doesn’t want that kind of drama in his life?

Even after the last two weeks where we saw police stand around while the sound of gunfire and screaming kids spilled out of the school they were 50 feet from? To their credit, they did handcuff and taze panicked parents whose children were being slaughtered and then they threatened the unarmed woman who went in and brought her children to safety not to talk to the media. Maybe OP doesn’t want that kind of drama in his life?
Yes because one incident that probably none of the officer's have ever handled before could have been handled better, that means the other millions of calls everyday that are handled properly should be disregarded. You're trying too hard. BTW many places are hiring.

I would be more worried about next year than the next 3 weeks. Too much attention for anything to happen now. I would keep my kid home to make a point though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT