ADVERTISEMENT

What the heck happened in Grinnell?

Hate crime or not , that sounds freaking twisted. It’s a f—ked up time in America
Someone probably watched too much TV and thought they were destroying evidence. I’d like some more info before labeling it a hate crime. Burning someone also might be a sign of extreme anger for a reason other than race.
One would hope with so many resources available there is a swift arrest.

Reactions: Hammer93
Did I miss something in the article that points people in the direction that the man was "lynched"" or are they just not ruling it out because Grinnell is only 2% black?

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
Did I miss something in the article that points people in the direction that the man was "lynched"" or are they just not ruling it out because Grinnell is only 2% black?
Sometimes, authorities don’t release information to the public other than the nature of the investigation. Iowa DCI might purposely leave the details out that only the perpetrator(s) would know.

So nobody knows anything. No suspect, no cause Of death, no motives. So a newspaper and the usual morons on this board go right to racism/hate crime. Even a maga hate crime. Lol you tools are so pathetic.

Reactions: TSNPS
When did you leave the state and have you visited much recently?

Iowa is heading south.
I had family come back from Texas a few years back. One of my cousins brought her new husband who had never been to IA before. I walked up to him and said "welcome to Iowa, we probably have a larger, per capita, population of rednecks than the whole state of Texas here now."

I had family come back from Texas a few years back. One of my cousins brought her new husband who had never been to IA before. I walked up to him and said "welcome to Iowa, we probably have a larger, per capita, population of rednecks than the whole state of Texas here now."

Would rural Iowa really be worse than, say, rural Missouri or Nebraska?

I guess I've been in rural Nebraska enough and can't remember seeing a confederate flag. But I haven't seen one in rural Iowa either. Just once on a pickup at a stripclub.

Would rural Iowa really be worse than, say, rural Missouri or Nebraska?

I guess I've been in rural Nebraska enough and can't remember seeing a confederate flag. But I haven't seen one in rural Iowa either. Just once on a pickup at a stripclub.
One needn't fly a confederate flag to be considered a redneck. Rural Iowa seems to be swarming with good ol' boys. I know some of my relatives wear that badge, sadly.

Reactions: 7 Dunks and GOHOX69
One needn't fly a confederate flag to be considered a redneck. Rural Iowa seems to be swarming with good ol' boys. I know some of my relatives wear that badge, sadly.

Yeah, but hasn't everybody known forever that most rednecks are rural creatures? I was just under the impression that they were fewer and more reasonable the further north you went.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT