ADVERTISEMENT

What to do in Miami and south Florida?

Colonoscopy

HR Legend
Feb 20, 2022
Saint Louis, Mo
Going to be there all next week.

Already have some ideas besides hookers and blow. Going to explore cuisine, beaches and state/national parks. Will hit up the keys and the Everglades. Probably stay a few days down in the Keys as well.

Maybe a rocket launch if it works out.

In particular cuisine wise... Want to find the best seafood and cuban food. Top notch cocktails of a tropical variety are also a focus.

EXI71yzXgAIv48c.jpg:large

Looks pretty easy to avoid the riff raff. Actually as excited to explore the latin/cuban cuisine as much as anything.

100% on the food. It's been so long I cannot offer any recs for Miami or the Keys. Except don't overdo the fried if you aren't used to it. Legit Cuban sandwich..... hmmm.

Edit - @Colonoscopy my buddy just pinged me randomly as I was talking about something completely different and mentioned Blue Heaven. It was a place we liked 15 years ago and they are still open. Definitely recommend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colonoscopy
Are you here just 1 week? Everglades to the keys and Miami? You just driving through each or what?
Yeah just one week. Going to hit all those items. Probably start based out of Miami. Maybe a night or two on the keys. Maybe drive across to west side of state for a day or two. Going to roam around a bit, try to find good cuisine and hit some of the more interesting natural stuff.

Yeah just one week. Going to hit all those items. Probably start based out of Miami. Maybe a night or two on the keys. Maybe drive across to west side of state for a day or two. Going to roam around a bit, try to find good cuisine and hit some of the more interesting natural stuff.
I highly recommend you split your time between Miami and the keys. Forget the Everglades. The keys are the balls. So much to see and do there. We go to key west at least 4 times a year. Love it down there. JMO

Reactions: funksouljon
I highly recommend you split your time between Miami and the keys. Forget the Everglades. The keys are the balls. So much to see and do there. We go to key west at least 4 times a year. Love it down there. JMO
Looks like lots of interesting stops in the keys... anything specific? I'm a bit of a wanderer, so I'm sure I'll stumble upon some interesting stuff. (plan to drive the whole length)

I do wanna see some real swampland with gators and all that fun stuff, so probably will at least drive through.

Looks like lots of interesting stops in the keys... anything specific? I'm a bit of a wanderer, so I'm sure I'll stumble upon some interesting stuff. (plan to drive the whole length)

I do wanna see some real swampland with gators and all that fun stuff, so probably will at least drive through.
Key largo-there are two state parks that are pretty dope, and you can also get a taste of the Everglades on an airboat tour out of key largo.

Islamorada-tons of water tours and activities to do. Pretty chill all around.

Marathon-half way point, haven’t spent much time there so I can’t recommend anything

Lower keys-More nature preserves/state parks

Key West-The Conch Republic BABAY!!!!!! So much history there. Recommended first stop Fort East Martello Museum. Logistically it makes sense to be your first stop. It’s right by the airport. It’s an old haunted civil war fort that also happens to house ‘Robert the Doll’. If you take his picture, ASK PERMISSION FIRST! Moving right along, Hemingway house. Ernest Hemingway lived in Key West for about 10 years. His residence is open to the public to tour, if you have any interest in the man and his incredible life make sure to stop by. There is also an old lighthouse up the road from his place that is pretty cool as well. Blue heaven, this is the best goddamn breakfast spot in America. If you like lobster, get the BLT benny. It’s orgasmic. And the ambiance of the place is so cool. Get there early! There are also some decent ghost tours if you’re into that, I enjoy that shit so YMMV. Duval street, it’s nothing but bars, restaurants, and shops. You can walk from one end to the other in about 20 minutes. It’s like nowhere else. I don’t know if you’ll want to spend a whole day going to see it, but it is amazeballs the Dry Tortugas is an old civil war fort built just in time to see the end of the war lol. It’s an incredible structure considering the time it was built, breathtaking really. But like I said, it’s an all day thing as it’s about 60 miles west of key west. Oh and don’t forget to stop by Kermits for some key lime pie brosef.

Key largo-there are two state parks that are pretty dope, and you can also get a taste of the Everglades on an airboat tour out of key largo.

Islamorada-tons of water tours and activities to do. Pretty chill all around.

Marathon-half way point, haven’t spent much time there so I can’t recommend anything

Lower keys-More nature preserves/state parks

Key West-The Conch Republic BABAY!!!!!! So much history there. Recommended first stop Fort East Martello Museum. Logistically it makes sense to be your first stop. It’s right by the airport. It’s an old haunted civil war fort that also happens to house ‘Robert the Doll’. If you take his picture, ASK PERMISSION FIRST! Moving right along, Hemingway house. Ernest Hemingway lived in Key West for about 10 years. His residence is open to the public to tour, if you have any interest in the man and his incredible life make sure to stop by. There is also an old lighthouse up the road from his place that is pretty cool as well. Blue heaven, this is the best goddamn breakfast spot in America. If you like lobster, get the BLT benny. It’s orgasmic. And the ambiance of the place is so cool. Get there early! There are also some decent ghost tours if you’re into that, I enjoy that shit so YMMV. Duval street, it’s nothing but bars, restaurants, and shops. You can walk from one end to the other in about 20 minutes. It’s like nowhere else. I don’t know if you’ll want to spend a whole day going to see it, but it is amazeballs the Dry Tortugas is an old civil war fort built just in time to see the end of the war lol. It’s an incredible structure considering the time it was built, breathtaking really. But like I said, it’s an all day thing as it’s about 60 miles west of key west. Oh and don’t forget to stop by Kermits for some key lime pie brosef.
Awesome, thanks for that. Great call on the key lime pie, love that desert. Definitely trying the BLT bennie too

Already have some ideas besides hookers and blow. Going to explore cuisine, beaches and state/national parks. Will hit up the keys and the Everglades. Probably stay a few days down in the Keys as well.

In particular cuisine wise... Want to find the best seafood and cuban food. Top notch cocktails of a tropical variety are also a focus.
Fornicate.

Pretty much every restaurant and bar automatically add 20% tip so be aware of that... Palace in South Beach has a great drag show with good music ;)

Reactions: The Tradition
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT