ADVERTISEMENT

What type of really old shit do you have?

I’ve been collecting Hawkeye stuff since I was a kid for the last 40 years. I have about 30 pennants. A collection of original felt pennants from the original big ten schools from the 50’s.
My brothers and I each have framed programs that Pops got during FSU’s first season of football, played at the old Centennial Field. His handwriting on the cover of mine reveals that the Noles beat Cumberland 30-0.
One of my favorite objects is the Model PP Walther that my FIL, Colonel in Army Intelligence, took off of a German Officer.

Reactions: goldmom and win4jj
Too much stuff to list but I’m old so I have lots of stuff older than some of you.
A few:
Hand towels I got at a surprise wedding shower given at my sorority house in 1971.
Some original wedding gifts from the same year. My Grandma’s crocheted pillow cases about 100 years old.
A tray that was a wedding gift to my parents 75 years ago.
FSU stuff from as far back as the 60’s.

Reactions: Sheahawk and win4jj
I’ve been collecting Hawkeye stuff since I was a kid for the last 40 years. I have about 30 pennants. A collection of original felt pennants from the original big ten schools from the 50’s.
I found a 1958 Iowa Hawkeyes football schedule coin purse in an old toolbox. I think we won a share of the national championship that year.

I have a number of postcards featuring Hawkeye player and game photos from 1900’s to 1930’s.

Our house in general dates to 1850’s and has a grotto in the basement built by a woman in the 1920’s. It is weird collection of marbles, shells and statues cemented in the wall.

We have a blanket chest that has been in the family since around 1900. We also have a dining room table from my wife's family that has been in her family since 1889, the story is it was given to them as a wedding gift but it wasn't new at that time, so we don't know exactly how old it is.

Reactions: win4jj
1935 Beretta .380 ACP
1945 .30-06 - Springfield design, Mfg by Smith-Corona
1969 13' Boston Whaler with '72 50HP Evinrude
1993 Jeep Wrangler
2 high school letter jackets from the 70's

Last edited:
I have an old globe from the 1950's in my house. Still shows the French as being in control of most of west africa.

Reactions: win4jj
A really old jeep. It's funny how people act when they see you drive up in a beat up POS. If I pull up in something nice they fall all over you. A POS they pretend you're not there.

Mine is a 205

1911_T205_Piedmont_Ty_Cobb.jpg

I have two Model 20 Atwater Kent Radios that were manufactured in 1925. One works although I'm on my last spare tube so I don't fire it up any more.

ADVERTISEMENT