Votes: 14 9.4%
  • Hummer

Votes: 24 16.1%
  • EV with multiple bumper stickers

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Write in.

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters
I've never really gotten into the mindset of judging someone off the car they drive. I guess I just don't care; if you like it, drive it.

I definitely don't understand the hate on 50-60 year old that buys their lifelong favorite sports car. When my kids are out and on their own I'm treating myself with a 69 Camaro. Not because I'm going through some crisis, rather I've worked my ass off to take care of others and now I'm treating myself.

Don't like it? Well, eat a dick.

n5tvh2qzkdo51.png

Missing is a Yeti sticker and a Salt Life sticker if you are near the coast.

Salt Life is ubiquitous. I know a fella that lives in Moline, Il that has a Salt Life tattoo on his forearm.

I’ve got a Salt Life pullover but in my defense, my mother bought it for me. They’ve got a house in Ft Myers and we are there 2-3 times a year.

Reactions: HawCory
Is it really any different, though, from back in the day when people drove big boats like these?

1971-Cadillac-Coupe-De-Ville-RF.jpg

main-qimg-e9e3448c00feef4c818ca53f2a4ace61-pjlq

002.jpg

I'll be honest, a super-decked out, high end F-150 or Chevy Tahoe is a fantastically comfortable, spacious and nice vehicle to ride around in, even if you don't need its functional capabilities.

I had a Honda Accord. I loved it -- was a nice driver, comfortable enough and never a single mechanical issue. But if I was heading out on a road trip tomorrow anywhere over 50 miles or so, I'd prefer to be in one of these:

Gorgeous cars all!

A lot of this transition was driven by the introduction and constant tightening down of the CAFE standards. As I understand it, trucks were fully exempt from these and may still be. In any case, those who wanted "Big and safe" vehicles started buying trucks instead of cars because they were a better value. Car companies were limited in their ability to provide "Gas Guzzlers" because their profits were essentially taxed away, or more accurately redirected to other car companies.

I am not sure, but I think that trucks are still exempt from CAFE standards. Hence, a lot of truck buyers would have otherwise purchased ever larger and safer Oldsmobiles and Buicks and so on.

(CAFE standards are government requirements placed on car makers mandating that they have to figure out what the average MPG is for an entire year's production, and then if this number is higher than a specified maximum, they have to buy "credits" from a company that has an average MPG that is below the maximum. Toyota usually has a lot of extra credits and they sell them on the open market. This system of trading artificially created credits makes for an additional government-provided backdoor subsidy for EV's and Fiats and any other higher mileage car.)

Last edited:
Can’t believe no one has mentioned Jeep drivers. Silliest car cult ever, and screams, “I just want to belong!”.

Although, I don’t have much room to talk as I drive a Fiat 500 Abarth that’s been nicely modded.
We can no longer be friends!

However, I will say that being part of a large Jeep club here in San Antonino, there are two types--the people who want to add a light bar and and "angry grille", then post how pissed they are that no one waves at them or "ducks" their Jeep. FYI: Ducking is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. That and decorting Jeeps for x-mas and Halloween. ...Damn Mall Crawlers!

Then there are those of us who sincerely just enjoy the off-roading and exploration that Jeeps afford. Personally, I'm 3rd a generation Jeeper. My dad learned to drive on a '48 Willys and I learned to drive a '51 Willys, so it's in the blood. I genuinely love Jeeps (I drove a '74 CJ-5) in high school.

All that said, there are way too many people that couldn't tell you the history of a Jeep and, like you said, just want to be part of the cult. True Jeep enthusiasts have to tolerate the douchebags even within our own community.

These are my Jeeps with the white JK being my current one.

sisNSVP.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 93 Jeep Wrangler that I bought new. It's stock except for the alloy wheels, and LED headlights and tail lights. I bought it because I needed something with utility. I discovered the 'club' later.

I've had 2 Corvettes, a C3 and a C5. I loved both. No personalized plates though. I mostly just drove them to the golf course. The C5 was a gift from my wife at the time (no pics), so there wasn't any insecurity there.
My pic above is my '93 YJ that I drove in Alaska.

However, I will say that being part of a large Jeep club here in San Antonino, there are two types--the people who want to add a light bar and and "angry grille", then post how pissed they are that no one waves at them or "ducks" their Jeep. FYI: Ducking is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. That and decorting Jeeps for x-mas and Halloween.

Then there are those of us who sincerely just enjoy the off-roading and exploration that Jeeps afford. Personally, I'm 3rd a generation Jeeper. My dad learned to drive on a '48 Willys and I learned to drive a '51 Willys, so it's in the blood. I genuinely love Jeeps (I drove a '74 CJ-5) in high school.

All that said, there are way too many people that couldn't tell you the history of a Jeep and, like you said, just want to be part of the cult.

sisNSVP.jpg
It's kind of hard to deny the power to weight ratio you can achieve with a jeep for true off road enthusiasts.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Also, my vote is truck with cow balls.

Not sure what purpose it serves. It's a PITA to get in, gets 8 MPG and you can't wheel it--wheel base is way too long. The balls just prove the OP's point.

mqdefault.jpg

Big ass pickup trucks. Something like this:
7ff0d1cd0e4302af9943aa2026257ced.jpg
What on earth can you do with this? 20" wheels won't allow you to air down for the trail. Wheel base is too long for any serious wheeling, it's too big to race, it's too fancy for a work truck. There's likely $10K+ put into this to sit in the driveway or go to the grocery store.

What on earth can you do with this? 20" wheels won't allow you to air down for the trail. Wheel base is too long for any serious wheeling, it's too big to race, it's too fancy for a work truck. There's likely $10K+ put into this to sit in the driveway or go to the grocery store.
You can get the extra large truck balls and they won't drag on the ground. I think that's the list.

However, I will say that being part of a large Jeep club here in San Antonino, there are two types--the people who want to add a light bar and and "angry grille", then post how pissed they are that no one waves at them or "ducks" their Jeep. FYI: Ducking is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. That and decorting Jeeps for x-mas and Halloween. ...Damn Mall Crawlers!

All that said, there are way too many people that couldn't tell you the history of a Jeep and, like you said, just want to be part of the cult. True Jeep enthusiasts have to tolerate the douchebags even within our own community.

sisNSVP.jpg
All that said, there are way too many people that couldn't tell you the history of a Jeep

So someone has to know the history of the Jeep before they can own one? You sound like the cultist.

All that said, there are way too many people that couldn't tell you the history of a Jeep

So someone has to know the history of the Jeep before they can own one? You sound like the cultist.
Of course not, but I wouldn't join your Dungeons and Dragons club if I didn't know anything about Star Trek.

picard-meme-use-the-force-harry.jpg

This is my setup. It lets people know not to cross me. I make terrible decisions.

sisNSVP.jpg
Let me clarify. Any CJ’s and Cherokee Sport drivers get a pass. Those are real Jeeps IMO. I’m speaking to the phenomena the last ten years or so.

Reactions: Chief Turkeyscratch
People who take the most basic car on earth, a Honda Civic, and try to convert it into a sports car with a giant rear spoiler, chrome wheels, a custom paint job, and neon lights under the rocker panels.
Don't forget the mega sound system you're not 10x cool unless they hear ya before they see ya!

People who take the most basic car on earth, a Honda Civic, and try to convert it into a sports car with a giant rear spoiler, chrome wheels, a custom paint job, and neon lights under the rocker panels.

sisNSVP.jpg
405191595_7142037559151343_5156276562160880181_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
Corvette Convertibles used to just scream "an old guy with gold chains and a comb over and an open silk shirt"
But the new Corvettes are just so cool looking they've moved past that.

This. I have wanted a Vette my entire adult life, but never could really afford it with family coming first.

But then we retired to Cape Coral, and I'm convinced this little city of 200,000 has more Corvettes per capita than anywhere else in the world; they are EVERYWHERE down here, especially the new ones.

Truth be known, I'm not sure if I got in one I'd be able to get out with my back issues. Still, I approached Mrs. Ed with the idea of my getting one of the new ones; she countered by approaching me with divorce papers. So, no Vette for ol' Ed. Dammit.

Driving All-New GIF by Chevrolet

ADVERTISEMENT