ADVERTISEMENT

What was you individually or your teams highest state accomplishment in high school sports?

What was you individually or your teams highest state accomplishment in high school sports?

• State Record Holder

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • State Champion

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Finished Top 3 in the State

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Conference Champion

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • All State 1st Team

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • All Conference 1st Team

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Other

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters

gohawks50

HR Legend
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2010
The biggest high school accomplishment in sports I was a part of was my team was the district runner up in fall softball back in the late 70s when Iowa Girls Teams were all in one class. What about you?

The biggest high school accomplishment in sports I was a part of was my team was the district runner up in fall softball back in the late 70s when Iowa Girls Teams were all in one class. What about you?
Me and all the teams i played on nailed your mom.

I was a pretty good all-around high school athlete; all-conference in football, soccer and golf. The teams I played for weren't anything special, though we did win the conference in soccer my senior year.

Golf was my best sport; I was a pretty good junior golfer, won a number of tournaments in the Tampa area. Unfortunately, I broke my wrist in a soccer game my junior year & missed the entire golf season; we'd have had a legitimate shot at winning the state title that year. We'd have had three guys shooting around par consistently, with the 4th player probably averaging around 40 & capable of shooting around par. I missed the season, so they had to use as the 4th score a guy who struggled to break 50. I was back for my senior year, but one of the other guys who was close to scratch, along with the guy who shot around 40, had graduated. We didn't have a match all season that we didn't have the lead after the top two players finished, but our 3 & 4 guys would shoot 45 to 50 & our lead would evaporate.

Team, that I took part in, twice District Champs in baseball, 3x conference champs.

Me individually, 1st team All State in baseball, state finalist in 100m/200m both my Jr and Sr years (medaled once, in the 200m).

Reactions: gohawks50
Small town Iowa here.
lost 5 games combined in football basketball golf and baseball my senior year and 10 combined junior year. All state or all conference in all sports.
never made it to state.

Our Girl's Soccer Team made nationals. But plane crashed on the way there.

Got fortunate to wrestle on Saturday night a few times.

Liked football much better but the team was at best .500, but got all conference.

Baseball was my favorite sport and team got second in state as I sat on the bench with 3 official at bats my junior year. Gave it up after that and somehow the team survived. Lol

Got fortunate to wrestle on Saturday night a few times.

Liked football much better but the team was at best .500, but got all conference.

Baseball was my favorite sport and team got second in state as I sat on the bench with 3 official at bats my junior year. Gave it up after that and somehow the team survived. Lol
A couple of Saturday nights is tough.

Michigan

Senior year:

Rugby-
Individual: All-Michigan Cup Tournament Team (led team in scoring).
Team: 4th in state (full 13s), 2nd in the Midwest 7s Championships.

Hockey-
Won our first ever substate game, scoring the tying goal to send to OT.

Last edited:
Fall Softball. Now that brings back memories.

I would like to mention my mom (no pic). She was all state in basketball her Jr and Sr year, averaging 40+ ppg both seasons. And yes, she could still shoot when I was in HS.

At 105 pounds graduating from high school, 100 pounds of it was #$@mouth.
I dominated back yard football on both sides. Run, catch, defend.
Played with my best buddy for his dad’s intramural football team at FSU. We rocked some s$#it.
Choppin was a chemistry professor and he recruited us since his squad was lacking…

1x State champion,we got 4th one year also. 1st team All conference, tournament team soccer.

Greatest sport attribute: First Iowan to ride OPs mom for the full 8 seconds.

I was mgr for state championship basketball team my senior year. Pretty sure I was 1st team all-state’. 😀

At 105 pounds graduating from high school, 100 pounds of it was #$@mouth.
I dominated back yard football on both sides. Run, catch, defend.
Played with my best buddy for his dad’s intramural football team at FSU. We rocked some s$#it.
Choppin was a chemistry professor and he recruited us since his squad was lacking…

With all due respect to @naturalmwa , I think this thread had the most gay sex euphemisms in one post ever. Just to recap:
1) in HS you had shitmouth
2) you dominated other men
3) you played both sides
4) you would catch
5) you “played with” your best buddy
6) you “rocked some shit”
7) you were groomed by a male professor
8) you joined his squad/harem

Did I miss any?

Reactions: billanole
First team all state (elite team actually) and 2x state champion.

With all due respect to @naturalmwa , I think this thread had the most gay sex euphemisms in one post ever. Just to recap:
1) in HS you had shitmouth
2) you dominated other men
3) you played both sides
4) you would catch
5) you “played with” your best buddy
6) you “rocked some shit”
7) you were groomed by a male professor
8) you joined his squad/harem

Did I miss any?
Looks like you were pretty thorough.

ADVERTISEMENT