ADVERTISEMENT

What was your favorite moment this year

Too many to count. My most memorable gives a thumbs up to Minnesota, was during the wave. They showed a lot of class there.

Thought of another one. Late in the ISU game we were facing a 3 and 22 with the prospect of having to punt the ball back to the clone offense. But, lo and behold, Nate threw a laser to ISM for a 1st down and keep the drive alive. One of the best passes I've ever seen an Iowa QB make.
No doubt. Even with his warts, every game or two Stanley would rip one into a tight window, and you just say, Good Lord, that was a hell of a throw! :eek:

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Great thread! I guess technically I would say opening kickoff of game 1 is the best play every year like hawkfeever posted. The first game has just started and the entire season is till right ahead. Definitely one of my favorite moments of every year. For actually play(s) was the end of the Minnesota game with those back to back sacks and then incomplete passes. I was there with my 6yr old son and got him to cheer loud on those last two plays. He usually doesn't pay very close attention. He asked if we could go out on the field after the game like all those other people. I told him you bet we can! We enjoyed that afterwards too. To me Minnesota is our biggest rival. I always enjoy beating them!

Thought of another one. Late in the ISU game we were facing a 3 and 22 with the prospect of having to punt the ball back to the clone offense. But, lo and behold, Nate threw a laser to ISM for a 1st down and keep the drive alive. One of the best passes I've ever seen an Iowa QB make.

This was the play for me. Not many humans can make that throw.

This was the play for me. Not many humans can make that throw.

Pretty fun year....lots of moments.

Stanley’s lasers to get us in kicking range at Nebraska and then Duncan with an all time classic move blowing kisses to Frost are up there....

but at the end of the day there are not many times I have run around the house giggling and cheering because of sports....and the ISU game ending did that!

Kickoff at the first game.

I was diagnosed with cancer in April and was in Kinnick cancer free for the first game.

Didn’t have all my parts, but I was ready for the season. :D

Kickoff at the first game.

I was diagnosed with cancer in April and was in Kinnick cancer free for the first game.

Didn’t have all my parts, but I was ready for the season. :D
Thoughts and Prayers for you Herk. I'll bet the Wave to the kids was a heartfelt moment. Good luck going forward in your journey.....:)

Reactions: Herkmeister
This is the exact same play they ran at the end of the Nebraska game to ISM.

ADVERTISEMENT