ADVERTISEMENT

What Will You Do If Trump "Wins"?

It would be your contention that either Trump has not done serious damage to this country and has failed as a leader or that he has but since it didn't affect you personally, you don't care.

Really not a good choice, either way.
Because I'm able to go about my day regardless of who's in the oval office doesn't mean I don't care. It means I have perspective and don't get triggered by every little thing like many on here. I also notice, many went into great detail of the normalcy they will continue with...right down to the micro-level of a shower, but it's me who you singled out. Should I be flattered? Hell, OiT threw out this gem, "trump has done great and he will be re-elected, then re-installed"

Last edited:
How is the election going to be stolen?
The usual ways. Plus a couple of factors that are new in 2020:

1. Heavy reliance on mail-in voting will doubtless cause some exploitable problems.

2. Trump clearly won't give up without a fight. Which is part of the reason he wants another Justice beholden to him if/when recounts or deadlines come before the Supreme Court.

Reactions: naturalmwa
If he's re-elected? Get up. Have my coffee. Read WSJ. Check E-mails. Shower. Go to work or gym. Watch the market soar.
I doubt the market will soar with Trump winning. But, despite my standing offers in Canada, I'll stick around and have basically the same routine more or less, wake up at 4:00, work-out, have breakfast, work, come home, complain about the Hawks or the Cubs or both, same as it ever was...

Do what I have my whole life no matter who is the president. Go to work. Run, golf, watch Iowa sports. Spend time with family and be outside. Life it great

Trump winning won't change anything I'll do.

As far as HROT, I'll simply continue to avoid the threads the triggered people post. I'll continue to participate in threads that have a reasonable discussion. I'll hope the 2024 election gives us better candidates, but won't hold my breath.

Reactions: goldmom
1) Pray that it was a clear victory and not a situation where a ton of confusion is in the air about mail in ballots or a scenario where Biden has won over 50% of the popular vote and beat trump by more than 4% . As long as that happens, BAU, though I will marvel at the path our country has chosen for itself.

2) If we have confusion and signs Trump is prematurely declaring himself the victor / stealing the election and/or has lost fairly resounding the popular vote, I will be worried but prepare to see significant local and national civil unrest.
My bet is on #2.

Which is why I started this thread.

Looking for reasonable suggestions.

Same if Biden wins.

get up at 4:30am. Ride bike for close to 2 hours and then go to work.

I realize both sides will have people that will shit themselves on Facebook and national media but this is the minority of people. BTW these people are miserable a good percentage of the time.
This except I am going to skip the 2 hour bike ride and wake up at 6:30 or whenever my 2 year old son wakes me up to watch Paw Patrol.

The POTUS really has little impact on our daily lives. Your local/state leaders have a much greater impact. Go vote for them. And if you really want to see change in how your local town/city is governed, vote for candidates that stand for different policies than the ones currently in power. Wanting change and voting for the same thing over and over is insanity.

This except I am going to skip the 2 hour bike ride and wake up at 6:30 or whenever my 2 year old son wakes me up to watch Paw Patrol.

The POTUS really has little impact on our daily lives. Your local/state leaders have a much greater impact. Go vote for them. And if you really want to see change in how your local town/city is governed, vote for candidates that stand for different policies than the ones currently in power. Wanting change and voting for the same thing over and over is insanity.
Do the bike ride. It’s great being able to eat an extra 1,000 calories a day.

Get up.
Workout and shower.
Coffee and breakfast.
Online to see what I should be “woke” about.
Get my boys up and ready for school.
Go to work.
Come home.
Play with my boys.
Eat dinner.
Hang out with my boys.
Put my boys to bed.
Online to see what I should be “woke” about.
Go to bed.
Serious question, are “my boys” actual kids or are you using it as a euphemism for testicles? I can interpret your post either way.

Go to work, hope some of the rioting starts to dissipate. Watch Coronavirus start getting talked about less and less.

If Biden wins, go to work and hope the rioting starts to dissipate. Watch Coronavirus get talked about less and less. Play the HROT death pool on when Biden passes away or see if Harris pulls the 25th amendment to become the 1st female president.

Either way it will be entertainment for me.

The POTUS has little effect on our daily lives. Ignore the 200,000 dead Americans, un-contained viral transmission, economic recession, disastrous foreign policy, erosion of public faith in governmental institutions, SCOTUS appointments that will likely overturn Roe v. Wade and the ACA. Other than that, no difference. Since it doesn’t directly affect me, it’s of no consequence. Damn talk about a myopic view on life and this country.
NY governor manage to do a double whammy, went out of his way to kill a lot of people AND destroyed his state’s economy. Well done.

At best he loses the popular vote again but wins the EC.

I will prepare for a very unstable 4 years. I expect regular rioting and the general hatred of Americans towards one another to keep increasing.
And to think ...Obama started all of the hate.

Reactions: haw-key
It would be your contention that either Trump has not done serious damage to this country and has failed as a leader or that he has but since it didn't affect you personally, you don't care.

Really not a good choice, either way.

You know, people loved Obama and thought Boehner was the Devil and Vice versa. And those two played golf together all the time:

So, maybe some people see that shit and realize there’s the political class and then there’s the rest of us. And it doesn’t really matter who gets what title in the political class because ultimately they’re out for themselves and remaining in power.

So, they choose to ignore the politicos and focus on what they can control and how it impacts their families. What’s wrong with that?

Reactions: hawkcub
If he's re-elected? Get up. Have my coffee. Read WSJ. Check E-mails. Shower. Go to work or gym. Watch the market soar.

You do realize that the market performs better under democrats?

Pray that it was a clear victory and not a situation where a ton of confusion is in the air about mail in ballots or a scenario where Biden has won over 50% of the popular vote and beat trump by more than 4% . As long as that happens, BAU, though I will marvel at the path our country has chosen for itself.

If we have confusion and signs Trump is prematurely declaring himself the victor / stealing the election and/or has lost fairly resounding the popular vote, I will be worried but prepare to see significant local and national civil unrest.

This. As long as it is clear who won I will consider it to be an acceptable result. My opinion about who we are as a people is already forever tarnished. I just want peace and stability so I can live out my days in peace and my children can hopefully have a good future in our diminished but still productive country.

Reactions: goldmom
Some folks might actually believe he could win fair and square. But I put "wins" in quotes because I don't think there's any way he wins in an honest election. He could "win" a rigged or stolen election, though. And he could "win" by refusing to turn over power.

However it happens, what will you do if Trump wins?

One way to think of this is "how do you think America will change, and what can you do to prepare for it?"

We'd get more right-wing statism as opposed to the left-wing statism we'd get more of if Biden wins.

Lose/lose

ADVERTISEMENT