ADVERTISEMENT

Whats everyone cooking up on Saturday?

Derekd3408

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2011
This year will be the first time I won't be in Iowa City for the season opener in 15 years and the first time I'll miss a game (either in person or on TV) in 20. I'm going to live vicariously through you all this Saturday. The crew I normally tailgate with is making breakfast burritos and have a bloody mary, mimosa, screwdriver bar. What's everyone else got?

This year will be the first time I won't be in Iowa City for the season opener in 15 years and the first time I'll miss a game (either in person or on TV) in 20. I'm going to live vicariously through you all this Saturday. The crew I normally tailgate with is making breakfast burritos and have a bloody mary, mimosa, screwdriver bar. What's everyone else got?
First time I haven't been at an opener since 1978. Not sure what we're being fed after a family outing.

Damn 9 AM start out here on the west coast, so I'll probably just dvr the game and head out fly fishing on the Rogue early AM. Probably pizza on the pellet pooper when I get home around 12 or 1. And of course cocktails and then beers

Reactions: Moral
Hoping to get my lady friend on board with the 9 am doors open at my favorite Iowa bar - home to the OG halftime raffle - not confident we'll get stools/chairs if we show up much later than opening.

If not that, then maybe mix up some bloodies and do some appetizers at home. Almost certainly a queso, loukaniko, some chorizo.

I'm hoping for the bar. Although I do vividly remember watching us shit the bed against NDSU at the same bar.

Reactions: McLovin32
I have a nice picanha chilling in the back of the fridge. Not sure what day this weekend I'll be cooking it.

I'm going to be watching it at a bar in lil Eldora, IA. They appear to have chicken wings with a "Melt your face off" sauce, so I'll most likely be eating that.
If it's Firehouse you're going to, it will be a good time. They have one of the better bloodys I've had. Can't comment on the wings tho, for obvious reasons. I think they only have boneless so you're in luck 😉

Being lazy, doing a taco bar this week - saving a brisket for next week!

Reactions: Moral
If it's Firehouse you're going to, it will be a good time. They have one of the better bloodys I've had. Can't comment on the wings tho, for obvious reasons. I think they only have boneless so you're in luck 😉
That's definitely the place.

Reactions: Derekd3408
What time does Iowa play Saturday? I'll be at the beach, but will make sure I find time to cheer for my adopted BigHowevermanythereare team.

For our game Sunday night, I'll be making a Cajun pasta dish that I discovered in The Big Easy 25 or so years ago. Penne pasta in a spicy cream sauce, with andouille sausage (the original recipe I found calls for tasso, but that's hard to find so I substitute the andouille)

What time does Iowa play Saturday? I'll be at the beach, but will make sure I find time to cheer for my adopted BigHowevermanythereare team.

For our game Sunday night, I'll be making a Cajun pasta dish that I discovered in The Big Easy 25 or so years ago. Penne pasta in a spicy cream sauce, with andouille sausage (the original recipe I found calls for tasso, but that's hard to find so I substitute the andouille)
11am in the only time zone that matters

Reactions: McLovin32
Trying to empty the freezer before moving so ill have multiple roasts going. 2 or 3will be being turned into Italian beef for some sandwiches as ill have people over watching football and then helping me pack and clean. I’m building one more for an early Sunday lunch pot roast to host with grandma over. Grandma likes to act like she’s on a strict schedule so I make sure this can be served at 1130am sharp Sunday. You’d think she’d starve to death if lunch isn’t ready as soon as she shows up from church.

I’m not in charge, but we are having some giant pork loin thing wrapped in bacon. I am in charge of bringing the Trisquits and the cheese to the tail gate, and the EL Fudge double stuffed cookies.

Reactions: The Tradition
Damn 9 AM start out here on the west coast, so I'll probably just dvr the game and head out fly fishing on the Rogue early AM. Probably pizza on the pellet pooper when I get home around 12 or 1. And of course cocktails and then beers
Jealous

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT