ADVERTISEMENT

What's on tap for the weekend, HROT?

jasonrann

HR Legend
Apr 11, 2007
Wifey (no pic) is having a girls weekend at the lake and leaving daughter with grandpa and grandma so I'm on my own. Having dinner with my sister and niece tonight, but the rest of the weekend is open and the weather should be great. Probably going to hit my favorite sports bar for lunch tomorrow. Hopefully the neighbor across the street doesn't bury me in his yard. What's shaking?

I expect ironside, Big D and IChawk to be grilling something with my delicious seasoning that just arrived.

Some grilling today and tonight with my new seasoning (thanks by the way), going to Prarrie Meadows tomorrow for the derby and staying overnight, and Sunday I'll be making ribs and mowing the lawn.

Reactions: jasonrann
Work until 7 tonight
Work until Noon tomorrow
Mix Audio at Church Saturday evening/Sunday morning
Sunday Afternoon nap

Have to go to GF's (no pic) mom's (no pic) house for Easter stuff, should at least be good food. Going to watch the White Sox and the F1 race. No big plans, hopefully get to a beer garden too.

Reactions: GES4 and jasonrann
Wifey (no pic) is having a girls weekend at the lake and leaving daughter with grandpa and grandma so I'm on my own. Having dinner with my sister and niece tonight, but the rest of the weekend is open and the weather should be great. Probably going to hit my favorite sports bar for lunch tomorrow. Hopefully the neighbor across the street doesn't bury me in his yard. What's shaking?

I expect ironside, Big D and IChawk to be grilling something with my delicious seasoning that just arrived.
Heading up to Yellow River Forest to camp with the family/Boy Scouts for thee weekend. Will be bringing the seasoning to put on Porkchops/eggs.

Meals on the griddle, some drinks, some HS soccer, yard work, church. Would like to go to the Iowa spring practice, but isn’t happening.

Reactions: jasonrann
Holler if you want to grab a beer!

Holler if you want to grab a beer!
Sounds like we are going to T Shotz Saturday afternoon. It's our 40th wedding anniversary Sunday. I am working tonight, sleeping a few hours, and then heading to KC. We have 4 and 6 year old grandsons in KC. Might go to a live music venue Saturday night if daughter finds a a sitter. Heading home Sunday and visiting grandkids in DM metro. We decided seeing kids and grandkids would be best way to spend anniversary. Lots of driving.

Reactions: goldmom
No soccer games this weekend but Dek Hockey starts for the kids and we have a track meet

outside of that I plan to take boys fishing for the first time Sunday in a Iowa city if the weather holds out

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes

I plan to consume a delicious Pequods pizza on Saturday. That's my current highlight. White Sox should figure in there as well. I will also continue to train my cat to play an effective game of ping pong. And mow the grass.

Heading up to Yellow River Forest to camp with the family/Boy Scouts for thee weekend. Will be bringing the seasoning to put on Porkchops/eggs.

YRF is one of the best places in Iowa.

As for me, I’m building a patio tomorrow and mushroom hunting. Sunday I’m going bat shopping with my son then heading to CR to celebrate my sister (no pics) getting a prestigious award in healthcare. Gonna look for shrooms as well. Best part? My roommate is gone! Holla!

Rainy weekend in Houston and I'm laid up with a gout flare up (which I'm pissed about because I was a good boy, haven't had red wine, red meat, beer -- it's been 4 years since I had my first and only flare up and figured that was due to the keto diet). So probably end up doing work all weekend and watch some movies....blah

Probably my last kids sporting event ever.
On the plus side it opens life back up to fishing and skiing.
Youngest had her final high school game a couple weeks ago. <sniff>. That's the last of hundreds of high school games I've watched over the three kids over the last 8 years or so. Middle kid has two more years of college competition and then I'll be done and hope for sporty grandkids.

I am a failure of masculinity and so someone from my family will stop by to help me finish assembling my new office chair from Amazon at some point. I have yet to hit the trails on my bike this year, so probably also do that this weekend.

Crappie fishing tonight

Iowa spring “game” tomorrow with @FlickShagwell 🙂

George’s cheeseburgers after practice.

Patio beers back in the QC Saturday evening

Golf Sunday

giphy.gif

Youngest had her final high school game a couple weeks ago. <sniff>. That's the last of hundreds of high school games I've watched over the three kids over the last 8 years or so. Middle kid has two more years of college competition and then I'll be done and hope for sporty grandkids.
At least she got to finish. My son was finally going to start his senior year as striker on the soccer team - then COVID. 😢

At least she got to finish. My son was finally going to start his senior year as striker on the soccer team - then COVID. 😢
True. They moved the fall sport to an abbreviated spring season so it worked. It displaced another one though but we'll take what we can get this last year.

Reactions: torbee
As for me, I’m building a patio tomorrow and mushroom hunting. Sunday I’m going bat shopping with my son then heading to CR to celebrate my sister (no pics) getting a prestigious award in healthcare. Gonna look for shrooms as well. Best part? My bang maid is gone! Holla!
FIFY

Reactions: jellyfish10
Yeah, son missed almost all of Jr season and this year has been a shit show. The race he's doing this weekend is just a local event that the team (and many other HS) is participating in because the official sanctioned body is putting on crappy half events. A lot of the older kids have quit the team because it just doesn't seem worth all the training at this point. They've gone out and gotten jobs or just spent their Sr year hanging with girlfriends, etc.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT