ADVERTISEMENT

What's on tap for the weekend, HROT?

Rainy weekend in Houston and I'm laid up with a gout flare up (which I'm pissed about because I was a good boy, haven't had red wine, red meat, beer -- it's been 4 years since I had my first and only flare up and figured that was due to the keto diet). So probably end up doing work all weekend and watch some movies....blah

I am supposed to go to a buddy of mine's wife's (no pics) crawfish boil birthday party. They originally were going to postpone it due to the rain but decided to do it anyway. Not excited about going to a crawfish boil in the pouring rain...

NASTY storm last night in Bellaire area (Westbury). Did y'all get anything crazy? I swear lightening struck my neighbor's house. It was the loudest thunder and brightest light I've ever seen from a storm in Houston.

Reactions: jasonrann
I am supposed to go to a buddy of mine's wife's (no pics) crawfish boil birthday party. They originally were going to postpone it due to the rain but decided to do it anyway. Not excited about going to a crawfish boil in the pouring rain...

NASTY storm last night in Bellaire area (Westbury). Did y'all get anything crazy? I swear lightening struck my neighbor's house. It was the loudest thunder and brightest light I've ever seen from a storm in Houston.
I hope you enjoy your tail that smells like fish.

And I hope the crawfish are good too!

😁

A lot of lightening in the morning. You might get a break during the day for the boil but everything will be soggy.

Reactions: WisestIowan

I saw lightning strike a transformer one time. Holy balls, I think my daughter almost jumped to the ceiling she was so scared.

Reactions: WisestIowan
Tonight is all about the beer. Headed to a friend's. Tomorrow I'm meeting my bro down at DeSoto National Wildlife Refuge. Will de doing some hiking and takin' plenty of wildlife pics. Tomorrow night will be grillin' (your sis hit me up with your seasoning) with lots of patio time...aka beer. Sunday will check out a couple bald eagle nests in the area. Should be able to spot little ones by now.

Wifey (no pic) is having a girls weekend at the lake and leaving daughter with grandpa and grandma so I'm on my own. Having dinner with my sister and niece tonight, but the rest of the weekend is open and the weather should be great. Probably going to hit my favorite sports bar for lunch tomorrow. Hopefully the neighbor across the street doesn't bury me in his yard. What's shaking?

I expect ironside, Big D and IChawk to be grilling something with my delicious seasoning that just arrived.
Weather here is going to be 85 and sunny. I am boring but if I was on my own I would get a nice cigar, a big ribeye, and a nice bottle of scotch. I would: hit the range/golf while drinking cheap domestic light beer; swim in the pool while drinking cheap domestic light beer during the rest of the day; at dinner time reverse sear the ribeye on the green egg while blasting tunes; light up the stogie with scotch poolside as the sun goes down with more tunes; and then head on in to watch Gladiator for the 200th time.

Weather here is going to be 85 and sunny. I am boring but if I was on my own I would get a nice cigar, a big ribeye, and a nice bottle of scotch. I would: hit the range/golf while drinking cheap domestic light beer; swim in the pool while drinking cheap domestic light beer during the rest of the day; at dinner time reverse sear the ribeye on the green egg while blasting tunes; light up the stogie with scotch poolside as the sun goes down with more tunes; and then head on in to watch Gladiator for the 200th time.
I am glad I started this thread because I just happen to have some cuban cigars that my brother gave me. Might be a good weekend to have one of those bad boys. Scotch or bourbon is always on the menu.

• Love
Reactions: Tenacious E
But whatever you do, DO NOT LISTEN TO DAVID BOWIE!

Reactions: Tenacious E
Good call, brother. It's awesome on both!
So, it was awesome on both and a big hit with the group. I gave a guy your email as he is interested in ordering some. Hope that is cool and if so how does my commission work?

So, it was awesome on both and a big hit with the group. I gave a guy your email as he is interested in ordering some. Hope that is cool and if so how does my commission work?
Great to hear, thanks! I will throw a freebee in your next order.

HROT is waiting on an update as to what splendid activities your bachelor's weekend held...
Pretty boring and quiet, but that is just fine. Had a pizza at the OP for lunch on Saturday. Grilled some delicious burgers Saturday night. Hit the OP again yesterday and had wings and watched some baseball. They didn't get back until 6:30 last night so I didn't see much of them.

Pretty boring and quiet, but that is just fine. Had a pizza at the OP for lunch on Saturday. Grilled some delicious burgers Saturday night. Hit the OP again yesterday and had wings and watched some baseball. They didn't get back until 6:30 last night so I didn't see much of them.
I went out for Bloody Mary's yesterday and took some of your seasoning with. It's awesome in Bloodys. There were some initial concerns when I pulled it out however.
583w77.jpg

You seem to be a pretty big fan of the OP. I have only been to the one in Ankeny and I was not crazy about it. I thought the food was just okay but maybe I just ordered the wrong thing. I think I got the pork tenderloin, and there were pizzas ordered at the table. My memory is that the pizza was pretty good but the tenderloin was not. Maybe I need to give it another shot...

You seem to be a pretty big fan of the OP. I have only been to the one in Ankeny and I was not crazy about it. I thought the food was just okay but maybe I just ordered the wrong thing. I think I got the pork tenderloin, and there were pizzas ordered at the table. My memory is that the pizza was pretty good but the tenderloin was not. Maybe I need to give it another shot...
OP was one of my college bars in Cedar Falls so there is some nostalgia involved. That said, I am a huge fan of their food. Their tenderloin is one of the best I have had, they must be screwing it up. I usually go with pizza and order it with thin crust, it's much better that way. I am pretty sure my wife and I are the originators of that when we first asked if it could be done about 12 years ago. Their wings are good too. I like to order them extra crispy with the sauce on the side. If you're an onion rings guy, give those a whirl. The appetizer is big enough for at least six people.

I went out for Bloody Mary's yesterday and took some of your seasoning with. It's awesome in Bloodys. There were some initial concerns when I pulled it out however.
583w77.jpg
I wasn't sure exactly what you were showing me there, D. Definitely use it in bloody mary's. I know several people that do that.

Reactions: Derekd3408
OP pizza is pretty good. My wife is not a fan but I don't care.

Never had their bloody mary's but it's difficult to screw one of those up.

OP pizza is pretty good. My wife is not a fan but I don't care.

Never had their bloody mary's but it's difficult to screw one of those up.
They have some really good specialty pizzas too. I am a big fan of their taco pizza. Their taco sauce is crazy good.

OP was one of my college bars in Cedar Falls so there is some nostalgia involved. That said, I am a huge fan of their food. Their tenderloin is one of the best I have had, they must be screwing it up. I usually go with pizza and order it with thin crust, it's much better that way. I am pretty sure my wife and I are the originators of that when we first asked if it could be done about 12 years ago. Their wings are good too. I like to order them extra crispy with the sauce on the side. If you're an onion rings guy, give those a whirl. The appetizer is big enough for at least six people.
You certainly know how to order OP food. I always get thin crust and ask for the wings to be left in the fryer an extra couple minutes. Thin crust hot honey bbq chicken bacon ranch is a very solid pie.

Last edited:
You certainly know how to order OP food. I always get thin crust and ask for the wings to be left in the fryer and extra couple minutes. Thin crust hot honey bbq chicken bacon ranch is a very solid pie.
I’m guessing just Stedman’s joints do that? Dunno for sure if he owns the one in CL but I believe he owns the one in KC. I have a guy that will make me off the menu pizzas in CF but nothing with the crust.

I’m guessing just Stedman’s joints do that? Dunno for sure if he owns the one in CL but I believe he owns the one in KC. I have a guy that will make me off the menu pizzas in CF but nothing with the crust.
I'm not sure, I thought Stedmans owned them all. All of the locations in the KC area do thin crust. When one of my favorite bartenders puts the order in, it comes out almost like a cracker crust. Delicious.

Reactions: jellyfish10
I'm not sure, I thought Stedmans owned them all. All of the locations in the KC area do thin crust. When one of my favorite bartenders puts the order in, it comes out almost like a cracker crust. Delicious.
He might be a part owner of the few that my buddy owns...dunno for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT