ADVERTISEMENT

What's on your sports bucket list?

rchawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
Chicago, Illinois
Events I've never attended but really want to.

Indy 500
The Super Bowl
Army/Navy football game
US hockey team in the Olympics
Heavyweight title fight

Thar's off the top of my head. I would like to see all of them before I die (hopefully not too soon).

Monaco GP
NBA Finals game in Boston
NCAA Final Four watching the Hawks

I don't just want to watch, that isn't worth putting on a bucket list. I am thinking attending the NBA Finals, and running out on the court and stealing the ball. The crowd will be like who the hell is this asshole, that is until I dribble flawlessly between my legs. They will think to themselves that maybe he should be out there. A famous basket ballplayer comes to guard me but I give him a spin move and a stiff arm and flatten him then do a reverse dunk and the crowd loses it. The owner of the NBA Howard Stern then walks out onto the floor and gives me an All Star jersey and says I can play for any team I pick. Naturally I pick The Iowa Hawkeyes that are promoted to the NBA because it would be unfair to play in college with me on the team. The NBA Finals are cancelled and we start the new season that day. Iowa goes undefeated in the amount of games in an NBA season and wins the championship. After the Hawkeyes win the NBA Championship I retire, and I get abducted to the Hall of Fame where I am forced to live out the rest of my life.

Last edited:
Events I've never attended but really want to.

Indy 500
The Super Bowl
Army/Navy football game
US hockey team in the Olympics
Heavyweight title fight

Thar's off the top of my head. I would like to see all of them before I die (hopefully not too soon).
I’ve been to Indy, and a heavyweight title fight that was actually an undercard fight for Tyson-McNeeley.

I watched the women’s National team scrimmage on Lake Placid ice so that’s probably as close as I will get. We also went to 4 WWC matches in Canada.
A Super Bowl is probably at the top for me. I’ve been to Augusta National twice and a Rose Bowl
I think hanging out at America’s Cup races would be pretty awesome. I want to go to the Derby and a soccer match at Anfield. Finally, Wimbledon.

I understand the history and the environment, but there was only one pass in the entire Monaco GP and it happened on the first lap. It’s a boring race.
dana-carvey-johnny-carson.gif

I understand the history and the environment, but there was only one pass in the entire Monaco GP and it happened on the first lap. It’s a boring race.
I witnessed the one pass in the Denver GP 30 years ago, but I think it occurred on a pit stop, and not the first lap. Very boring, indeed.

Personally, I would like to witness a baseball game at Fenway, maybe even sit atop the Green Monster?

One can hope.

I think the only thing left is to attend The Masters...but that is a very low priority. Most else, I have accomplished.
I have done Fenway. I have done The Rose Bowl. I have done St. Andrews and Carnoustie. (Maybe play Pebble Beach, but not for the $500+ tag!)

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Wimbledon
French Open
Stanley Cup Game 7 home win for the Maple Leafs (this one ain't going to happen)

Army-Navy game
World Cup matches
Matches at the major footie stadiums in Europe
Florida State in the national championship basketball game.
Games at Wrigley Field and Yankee Stadium.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Army-Navy game with my dad and brother (veterans). We haven’t laid out specifics but might try to actually do it this year (anyone here been? How does one get tickets?)

USA in a WC match
Hit every MLB team’s home stadium. 13 so far.
If Iowa ever qualifies for the CWS

Oh, I agree. But it's still Monaco and it's the only race that's as much about the stuff surrounding the race as the race itself.

Reactions: mnole03
I realized that I’ve done a lot already, but here are the top ten left, in order of importance…

1) A World Cup soccer match (Planning on 2026, boyz)
2) A USA Rugby World Cup match (2031, here I come)
3) Chicago Fire in the MLS Cup Final or clinching the Supporters Shield at home (checked off an Open Cup Final victory.)
4) Iowa in the Rose Bowl or Natty Championship (checked off Orange Bowl win)
5) Fulham in the EPL at Craven Cottage
6) FC St. Pauli in the Bundesliga at Millerntor
7) Iowa wrestling win at the NCAA Championships
8) Iowa Raptors win an MASL Championship
9) Connacht Rugby at Galway SportsGround
10) IndyCar Series at Iowa Speedway (going soon)

Reactions: GOHOX69
The Newton indy race is awesome. I cannot convey to you the difference in seeing it live versus TV. Go up to the fence and watch. It will suck the air out of your lungs. Try to take a clear photo of the cars. Your shutter speed will be too slow. They deserve every freaking dime. Breathe in the alcohol fuel. Again, airshow, indy/f1, even Nascar which I've seen live, a for awesome.

I realized that I’ve done a lot already, but here are the top ten left, in order of importance…

3) Chicago Fire in the MLS Cup Final or clinching the Supporters Shield at home (checked off an Open Cup Final victory.)
You will relish number 10.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I don't just want to watch, that isn't worth putting on a bucket list. I am thinking attending the NBA Finals, and running out on the court and stealing the ball. The crowd will be like who the hell is this asshole, that is until I dribble flawlessly between my legs. They will think to themselves that maybe he should be out there. A famous basket ballplayer comes to guard me but I give him a spin move and a stiff arm and flatten him then do a reverse dunk and the crowd loses it. The owner of the NBA Howard Stern then walks out onto the floor and gives me an All Star jersey and says I can play for any team I pick. Naturally I pick The Iowa Hawkeyes that are promoted to the NBA because it would be unfair to play in college with me on the team. The NBA Finals are cancelled and we start the new season that day. Iowa goes undefeated in the amount of games in an NBA season and wins the championship. After the Hawkeyes win the NBA Championship I retire, and I get abducted to the Hall of Fame where I am forced to live out the rest of my life.
I knew legalizing drugs in Illinois was a crazy idea...

• Love
Reactions: Moral
I'm flying to NYC to take in the Iowa/Duke game. MSG is a bucket list item for me and to see the hawks play Duke there is a no-brainer.

Reactions: kkhawk
Iowa Rose Bowl where one of the dance team members is late onto the field because I smashed her in a car out in the parking lot. Iowa wins the game by taking a safety with 2 minutes left and wins.

Playing Augusta National. Some of the others mentioned that I haven't done I can envision how to make it happen. Not there yet with Augusta National. Fingers crossed though.

Replace #9 with Olympic Rugby Sevens. #10 will be replaced by Olympic Ice Hockey tournament if the NHL is involved.

1. Final Four/ CFP game featuring Iowa
2. (understand those who would argue not sports) Wrestlemania Weekend
3. (see above) catching a WWE card at MSG, which used to be monthly, but is now 1-2 times a year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT