ADVERTISEMENT

What's the most "single guy" thing you've ever done

fredjr82

HR Legend
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
I've actually made a recipe from this book

51VBPu%2BK5RL._SX282_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

On a Sunday while in a dorm (no suppers available) I tried to heat up Raviolis in a popcorn popper - it flaked off the coating.:oops:

Reactions: curt26
I’d say not washing my hair for about a month and not showering on a frequent basis. Maybe that is just gross. I prefer to think of it as working on my pheromones.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I have positioned a TV so you could see it on the toilet with the bathroom door open.
who hasn't?!?

I was just thinking about the time I dried a shirt with an iron in a hotel room.

I got really drunk after Iowa lost to Iowa State in FB in 2002, and woke up puking on my comforter on my bed in the middle of the night. Rather than wash it, I threw it away and bought a new one. The thing that makes it "single guy" though is the fact I didn't have a woman all pissed at me for it the next day.

Got three BJs from 3 different girls on the same day. One was at lunch time from work, second was right after work, third was a booty call after hanging out with the guys after work. It really really helped that the third was by far the most talented.

In med school, during the first 2 days of the NCAA tourney, I skipped class and filled a cooler with beer and ice. Set it next to my recliner. and then only got up to pee for the next 2 days.

Edit-I was already married by this point, but she was not impressed by my ingenuity.

Last edited:
I'm an incurable pack rat. I'm also a poor bastard, so I look for steals or easy ways to make a buck.

I own 11 different stereo amplifiers, with probably 25 (probably more) other pieces/speakers to compliment them. 5 different rooms in 2 homes are set up with speakers/amp rigs.

5 different computers. 5 different lawn mowers. 2 different snow blowers. 2 complete tool sets/chests. 2 vehicles. I could go on...

I use them all, and I like spares. I see someone tossing out stuff that's broke that I can fix or part out, or if it originally was good stuff or holds value where I can make some money off it, I take it off their hands and try to fix it up.

Half my stereo collection I got that way. Some I save as spares (always "culling"), some I sell.

I remember once I went out to the Solid Waste Agency to drop off my recycling, and sitting on top of their bone pile was an old school monster Pioneer stereo receiver that fixed up was worth THOUSANDS of dollars. I asked the guy, can I take this? He said sure. It needed a fuse, and some Deoxit (volume knobs/switches etc were scratchy from age). It was nicked up and cosmetically in average at best shape but it worked. I got almost a grand for it on Ebay, the guy drove from Ohio to pick it up.

Last summer I picked up 4 lawn mowers, this winter 2 snowblowers. Cleaned each one's carbs and changed the oil/lubed them up, presto - ran like they were new. I made just short of $500 with roughly 10 hours total of work invested.

I was given every one of them.

It's amazing, the valuable stuff people throw away or sell ridiculously cheap. "I just want it gone".

I'm an incurable pack rat. I'm also a poor bastard, so I look for steals or easy ways to make a buck.

I own 11 different stereo amplifiers, with probably 25 (probably more) other pieces/speakers to compliment them. 5 different rooms in 2 homes are set up with speakers/amp rigs.

5 different computers. 5 different lawn mowers. 2 different snow blowers. 2 complete tool sets/chests. 2 vehicles. I could go on...

I use them all, and I like spares. I see someone tossing out stuff that's broke that I can fix or part out, or if it originally was good stuff or holds value where I can make some money off it, I take it off their hands and try to fix it up.

Half my stereo collection I got that way. Some I save as spares (always "culling"), some I sell.

I remember once I went out to the Solid Waste Agency to drop off my recycling, and sitting on top of their bone pile was an old school monster Pioneer stereo receiver that fixed up was worth THOUSANDS of dollars. I asked the guy, can I take this? He said sure. It needed a fuse, and some Deoxit (volume knobs/switches etc were scratchy from age). It was nicked up and cosmetically in average at best shape but it worked. I got almost a grand for it on Ebay, the guy drove from Ohio to pick it up.

Last summer I picked up 4 lawn mowers, this winter 2 snowblowers. Cleaned each one's carbs and changed the oil/lubed them up, presto - ran like they were new. I made just short of $500 with roughly 10 hours total of work invested.

I was given every one of them.

It's amazing, the valuable stuff people throw away or sell ridiculously cheap. "I just want it gone".
I think this thread is about single guy stuff and not about OCD behavior.

I made just short of $500 with roughly 10 hours total of work invested.

That's not terrible, but I value my free time enough that I'm ok making nothing per hour of it.

I cannot imagine how much junk you have sitting around in the house, garage, and probably (?) yard?

-Nachos everynight for dinner for a couple weeks straight.
-Mirrored Wall next to bed.
-floor standing speakers laying sideways on sofa tables on either side of my bed.
-spent a rather lonely New Years Eve tumble weeding around Iowa City house parties by myself.

When I was about 18 or 19, I crammed two home stereo speakers I got for $50 bucks in the back hatch of my Mustang and proceeded to have the best sounding, deepest bass car stereo system in town. Chicks could sit on the hood and orgasm from the vibes.

I’d say not washing my hair for about a month and not showering on a frequent basis. Maybe that is just gross. I prefer to think of it as working on my pheromones.
Its gross... girls won't even notice your shoes if you stink.

Reactions: jellyfish10
Had sex with lots of random girls. I miss those days.

Yea...this, I thought this was the ONLY right answer! Drink beer, smoke.....whatever, lift weights, pick up lots-o-chicks and cruise in my Blue with white stripes "73 Z28 (big block, if anybody cares!)

fl0117-279439_1@2x.jpg

While in college on spring break I didn't leave the house. I ate totino's pizza rolls for every meal and got wasted every night playing COD and HALO. It was the best week of my life.

Eat Chinese left overs in my underwear while watching Seinfeld reruns.

Instead of washing a sink full of dirty smelly dishes, I just threw them all away and went and bought all paper products.

ADVERTISEMENT