ADVERTISEMENT

What's up with Randy Feenstra and Chuck Grassley going after the big meat processors in Iowa?

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
  • Haha
Reactions: WheresWaldorf
Feenstra and Chuck have both even very vocal in alleging that Iowa's processors, particularly beef processors, are gouging consumers, and unfairly treating producers.
Here are some comments from Feenstra. Note that he is demanding the DoJ take action. Chuck has too. Fine, they can act. But, Congress could have a role in freeing up the markets, right?
https://www.radioiowa.com/2022/04/28/feensra-decries-price-fixing-shenanigans-by-beef-packers/
You tell me where the money is going, beef prices at the supermarket have gone up at least 50%, live stock prices are up maybe 20%. During the pandemic they were increasing the prices double while paying much less for livestock, saying they didn't have enough workers to butcher them. From some of the bonuses I have seen, I would Feenstra and Chuck are on the right track.

You tell me where the money is going, beef prices at the supermarket have gone up at least 50%, live stock prices are up maybe 20%. During the pandemic they were increasing the prices double while paying much less for livestock, saying they didn't have enough workers to butcher them. From some of the bonuses I have seen, I would Feenstra and Chuck are on the right track.
This pattern is not new. Suppression of labor, suppression of prices paid to producers. Executive bonuses are not a new thing. Especially for Chuck. He's been watching the protein industry change for 50 years. Why aren't they acting?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT