ADVERTISEMENT

When Bo Ryan & Fran went at it at the B1G Meetings. The FULL INTERVIEW has now been posted

Since it was with Bo Ryan, my first guess would be Uthoff.

Yes, very likely it would have been over Uthoff as the timing coincides with Miles’ first year at NE (as he mentioned in the interview). I’m sure Ben Brust transferring to WI when Fran first arrived at IA added fuel to the fire.

Interesting that Fran is the only person still actively working in the B1G that was part of (Miles) or mentioned (Ryan, Smith, Knight, or Delaney) in that interview.

He’s definitely an elder statesmen in the B1G along with Izzo and Painter (right off the top). That’s kind of cool.

Last edited:
Dra
Since it was with Bo Ryan, my first guess would be Uthoff.

Ben Brust had committed and signed with Iowa (if I remember correctly) and when we had a coaching change old Bo was more than happy to take him and ask that he be released with no restrictions. As soon as the shoe was on the other foot he changed his mind on how that should be handled....what a hypocrite...at least that is my memory. Glad Fran let him have it.

Dra

Ben Brust had committed and signed with Iowa (if I remember correctly) and when we had a coaching change old Bo was more than happy to take him and ask that he be released with no restrictions. As soon as the shoe was on the other foot he changed his mind on how that should be handled....what a hypocrite...at least that is my memory. Glad Fran let him have it.

Brust preferred Lickliter ball and Ryan ball. Real fun, Brust. A livewire that guy.

That was a really enjoyable conversation. My respect for Tim Miles and Fran went up tremendously. You can't help but like Tim - seems like a really nice guy with a great sense of humor.

Brust preferred Lickliter ball and Ryan ball. Real fun, Brust. A livewire that guy.

Wisconsin didn't have a schollie when Iowa offered. Brust had good senior year and
a schollie opened up at Wisconsin in spring and Lickliter getting fired was excuse for Brust to get
out of his scholarship commitment to Iowa and go to Wisconsin.

Wisconsin didn't have a schollie when Iowa offered. Brust had good senior year and
a schollie opened up at Wisconsin in spring and Lickliter getting fired was excuse for Brust to get
out of his scholarship commitment to Iowa and go to Wisconsin.
In hindsight, it's a great decision by him.

Miles is a good dude. I had a client in Lincoln who was a big Husker backer. He loved to talk about what a great guy Miles was at gatherings.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT