ADVERTISEMENT

When did Nashville become so commercial

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
Every bar on Broadway is licensed to a country singer or group. Even Kid Rock has a three story bar. It’s be 25 years since I’ve been here, back then it was just a bunch of dive bars with really good singer song writers working on their material. Now it’s a college atmosphere with a shit ton of bachelorette parties.

however, the African-American Music History Museum was really good (we had our reception their last night). Awesome walk through the history and development of jazz, blues and hip-hop. Highly recommend if you are into music.

Anyway, csb

Every bar on Broadway is licensed to a country singer or group. Even Kid Rock has a three story bar. It’s be 25 years since I’ve been here, back then it was just a bunch of dive bars with really good singer song writers working on their material. Now it’s a college atmosphere with a shit ton of bachelorette parties.

however, the African-American Music History Museum was really good (we had our reception their last night). Awesome walk through the history and development of jazz, blues and hip-hop. Highly recommend if you are into music.

Anyway, csb
Not sure but its huge with bachelorette parties... my niece and her group of cohorts flew there from Washington State for one recently. Go getcha some, you testosterone filled procreators...

Reactions: jasonrann
It's been trending this way for the last 5-10 years. Have you seen all of the party trailers and tractors running through downtown? Most locals are moving to the periphery of downtown and the heart is purely tourist.

What hotel are you staying at?

It's been trending this way for the last 5-10 years. Have you seen all of the party trailers and tractors running through downtown? Most locals are moving to the periphery of downtown and the heart is purely tourist.

What hotel are you staying at?
Renaissance. Yeah, tons a party trailers, etc. Assembly Food Hall is cool.

Renaissance. Yeah, tons a party trailers, etc. Assembly Food Hall is cool.
I walked right by there on my way to a meeting yesterday. My office is on the south side of downtown near Ascend Amphitheater.

Ton of decent local options at Assembly/5th and Board. I've heard Justin Timberlake's 1230 Club is really cool, but reservations are impossible.

Let me know if you need any recs.

I walked right by there on my way to a meeting yesterday. My office is on the south side of downtown near Ascend Amphitheater.

Ton of decent local options at Assembly/5th and Board. I've heard Justin Timberlake's 1230 Club is really cool, but reservations are impossible.

Let me know if you need any recs.
Thanks. We are finishing up the retreat today then we (wife and daughter) are heading to Pigeon Forge.

Reactions: OrlandNole
Reminds me of a time when I went to New Orleans. Came in late, met my bros and some hos. I ended up having a 3some, wife doesn’t know about it. I did some drugs all weekend.

Weird coincidence with someone here.

Anyway, csb
Probably sometime in the last 25 years.

Not sure but its huge with bachelorette parties... my niece and her group of cohorts flew there from Washington State for one recently. Go getcha some, you testosterone filled procreators...

Makes sense. Pop country (Nashville) is really only appealing to 16-40 year old women.

“Murder on Music Row” was written in 1999 and that song is all about Nashville ( and country music) and it’s commercialization. Geo. Strait and Allen Jackson have made a lot of $$$ singing this song.

Good to know that some around here think that rules don't apply to them.

Jackass.

Reactions: ping72 and Moral
I was there in 2014, 2015 and 2017. There is nothing on Broadway that has "hole in the wall" status anymore. It's all large and commercial.

I would love to go there for a hockey game. Their crowd always seems to be rocking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT