ADVERTISEMENT

When Kris Murray plays at least 17 minutes, he averages 14.7 ppg

Perhaps it takes Kris a few times up and down the court each time he subs in to really get in the groove. If he subs in 3 times and each one is for a few minutes then he doesnt show up in the scoring column as much, one just because it is a shorter amount of time and maybe also because he is not looking as hard to score when he first gets in.

Why him and Keegan aren’t both averaging 35 minutes a game at this point I’ll never understand.

It seems like that is a good point or question. They can both hit from outside so maybe when they play the really tall teams like Illinois and Purdue and maybe another the Murrays should play a lot and keep a smaller player like jBo on the bench and maybe connor also.

Perhaps it takes Kris a few times up and down the court each time he subs in to really get in the groove. If he subs in 3 times and each one is for a few minutes then he doesnt show up in the scoring column as much, one just because it is a shorter amount of time and maybe also because he is not looking as hard to score when he first gets in.
You could make this argument but it's not really necessary. Even with limited minutes Kris has produced at a rate far superior to everyone not named Keegan. The only thing limiting Kris' numbers is the minutes that Fran is playing him.

It seems like that is a good point or question. They can both hit from outside so maybe when they play the really tall teams like Illinois and Purdue and maybe another the Murrays should play a lot and keep a smaller player like jBo on the bench and maybe connor also.
There are 3 players that Fran won't take minutes from; Pmac, Jbo and Cmac.

I'm waiting for the press guys to straight up ask why Kris isn't getting 25 to 30 min. It's painfully obvious he should play that. I can see Fran getting a little defensive when asked about the rotational minutes. I think if pressed he will snap because he knows it's true. The ride to the end of the year should be interesting. Go Hawks

I'm waiting for the press guys to straight up ask why Kris isn't getting 25 to 30 min. It's painfully obvious he should play that. I can see Fran getting a little defensive when asked about the rotational minutes. I think if pressed he will snap because he knows it's true. The ride to the end of the year should be interesting. Go Hawks
There is almost no chance of that happening. Even if it did Fran wouldn't answer or he would give an answer that didn't really make sense.

That Kris should play more minutes consistently has been obvious for quite some time.

There is almost no chance of that happening. Even if it did Fran wouldn't answer or he would give an answer that didn't really make sense.

That Kris should play more minutes consistently has been obvious for quite some time.
In his last interview he said as much that he wants to play the starters as much as he can because he views them as they are the best 5. So maybe doesn't think Kris is the 2nd best fuy on the team.

How last year's team, with 3 NBA draft picks, never got beyond the round of 32 as a 2 seed is inexcusable.

I can't think of a game where Kris has played well and not gotten minutes; so there's that
Really? Not one? Extrapolate Kris' stat line out to Pmacs minutes in all of the games where Kris has played less than 20 minutes and I guarantee you he would end up looking better statistically than Pmac in most and would be the second most efficient and productive player on the team in the majority of those games.

Last edited:
Yes you do---so PMAC and CMAC can play more.
To be fair, there are times where PMac can provide a spark when our second unit is struggling to create on offense. At the ABSOLUTE very least, PMac will try to create something (whether we ask for it or not). The jury is still out on who you would trust to take a 3 with the shot clock winding down between PMac, Toussaint, Perkins and Ulis, but we manage to get those 4 on the floor together so somebody needs to f***ing shoot it.............

Nevertheless, I'm not necessarily advocating for more playing time from PMac. Just that he actually provides some kind of scoring presence off the bench compared to his older brother............who is a good passer, I guess? And by golly he tries hard on defense.

McCaffery is just following the Ferentz game plan. He has started the same lineup since the very first game of the season, when those five players were available. Sometimes I think those two think stubbornness is a virtue.

Reactions: kzoohawk80 and KcTo
McCaffery is just following the Ferentz game plan. He has started the same lineup since the very first game of the season, when those five players were available. Sometimes I think those two think stubbornness is a virtue.
respectfully disagree…

ferentz started Tyrone Tracy at start of season, but the 2 freshman got more snaps and targets as season progressed..
Ferentz has gone to 2.0 and 3.0, Fran hasn’t changed since he been here

I can't think of a game where Kris has played well and not gotten minutes; so there's that
All available metrics say Kris is statistically the second most productive player on both ends on a per minute basis.

Trying to justify his lack of pt on an arbitrary measurement of "playing well" is silly. Its called confirmation bias.

You want to believe its being handled correctly so you interpret the information to support the conclusion that you want to be true.

You can't concluded that minutes 10-20 will be unproductive simply because minutes 1-9 were unproductive.

Thats not how Basketball works. It ebbs and flows.

Talent usually produces given the appropriate time.

You can't reevaluate a player constantly throughout the game.

Just play the most talented players and it works out in the long run.

Frans approach to PT is simply not consistent from player to player.

All available metrics say Kris is statistically the second most productive player on both ends on a per minute basis.

Trying to justify his lack of pt on an arbitrary measurement of "playing well" is silly. Its called confirmation bias.

You want to believe its being handled correctly so you interpret the information to support the conclusion that you want to be true.

You can't concluded that minutes 10-20 will be unproductive simply because minutes 1-9 were unproductive.

Thats not how Basketball works. It ebbs and flows.

Talent usually produces given the appropriate time.

You can't reevaluate a player constantly throughout the game.

Just play the most talented players and it works out in the long run.

Frans approach to PT is simply not consistent from player to player.
spot on.

respectfully disagree…

ferentz started Tyrone Tracy at start of season, but the 2 freshman got more snaps and targets as season progressed..
Ferentz has gone to 2.0 and 3.0, Fran hasn’t changed since he been here
Yeah. The only position where Kirk is ultra reticent to make a change is the QB spot.

Reactions: KcTo
I like both coaches but honestly you can say one of the biggest flaws, especially for KF, is their nepotism.

ADVERTISEMENT