ADVERTISEMENT

When the Markets Get Exciting, Which Business Channel(s) Do You Watch?

Bloomberg > CNBC

IMO

At work, I listen to the Bloomberg business channel on iHeart for background noise

Reactions: cfbfan23
Who needs financial news when there are HORTers that can tell you where the market is headed?

I probably enjoy CNBC the most but Bloomberg is probably the best for pure business info. Plus, it’s on almost 24/7 (there is an occasional late night infomercial).

I think both are fine.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
This might be a good time to tout the work of Matt Levine, a Bloomberg columnist who does great work on specific events on Wall Street. He is a former Goldman Sachs investment Banker who never seems to run out of stories about Elon Musk, the Crypto crash, massive margin calls at Archegos Capital, the various ongoing SEC investigations, and such. He is not a strategist, so you don't get market "insights." You do get a ton of behind-the-scenes insights, however.

His is a wry sense of humor, appropriate to Wall Street screw-ups, but he clearly manages to make sense of things. He reduces extremely complicated issues to an understandable, manageable, and oddly entertaining form.

Lately, he has been following Elon Musk's efforts to do a Twitter deal of some sort, all from an insider's perspective.

The column is called "Money Stuff" and you can obtain a free email subscription at the Bloomberg website if you desire - or just read it on their website.

Check it out.

Reactions: cfbfan23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT