ADVERTISEMENT

When will BF announce his resignation?

He's done a lot of good things with QBs. I know Spencer is one of his dudes, but so is Marco Lainez. He'll understand what Marco can and can't do and will get the offense back on track.
I like Raih as a hypothetical co-OC and QB coach, not least because he has actual coaching experience far above the HS level. I'd rather see Iowa look at non-"Iowa guys" first but IMO Raih would be a good second option if the first choices don't show mutual interest.

Reactions: Cougar63
I like Raih as a hypothetical co-OC and QB coach, not least because he has actual coaching experience far above the HS level. I'd rather see Iowa look at non-"Iowa guys" first but IMO Raih would be a good second option if the first choices don't show mutual interest.
That was my thought process, too, but it feels like outside of Greg Davis, Kirk doesn't hire from outside the program for prominent assistants, and when he did, he had to fire them.

Edit: Or they were Greg Davis. *shudders*

Reactions: Moral
I fully expect him to be here next year. 100%
this. I fully expect them to lose a bowl game and he's still there. the fact is: getting them to a bowl is a "win". period. win or lose ,bowl game, does not matter. this loss today matters not. they have a plan to win like 7 games in a season and to make a bowl. that's it. mission accomplished.

Reactions: TylerJ76
Raih got out of coaching, correct? Has the QB guru guy actually ever coached anywhere in the last 5-7 yrs?

Raih got out of coaching, correct? Has the QB guru guy actually ever coached anywhere in the last 5-7 yrs?
From the TEST website (where Racioppi is coaching qbs):

He was the Quarterback and two year captain for the Rowan Football team earning multiple awards including: 2x All-American and runner up for the National Player of the Year, along with 2x NJAC and ECAC Player of the Year. He still remains ranked in the top 25 passers of all time in NCAA history, and owns an NCAA all division record of 5 TD passes in a quarter. Tony has signed 4 professional contracts as a quarterback. He was a starting Quarterback in both Europe and in the Arena League, and has had free agent tryouts in the NFL with both the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins.

Tony has taught Health and Physical Education for over 12 years and has coached over 30 seasons of high school and college sports. He is currently a coach at the prestigious Manning Passing Academy and has interned for the Jacksonville Jaguars as an offensive assistant for two seasons.

Apparently Raih left Vanderbilt to pursue "other opportunities," whatever that means. Maybe he doesn't see a future in coaching. Racioppi's LinkedIn profile says he's the OC and QB coach at the Hun School in New Jersey, where Marco Lainez most recently prepped.

I wonder what people think about this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Caruso

Doing pretty well for himself at St. Thomas, to say the least. Dominating the Pioneer League at a program which has only been in FCS (straight from DIII !) for a couple of years. Seems to operate a run-first offense. Plenty of experience coaching in the Midwest. Would be a demotion in title coming to Iowa but have to think he'd see a healthy pay raise. Might be worth seeing if he has mutual interest in working with the program.

this. I fully expect them to lose a bowl game and he's still there. the fact is: getting them to a bowl is a "win". period. win or lose ,bowl game, does not matter. this loss today matters not. they have a plan to win like 7 games in a season and to make a bowl. that's it. mission accomplished.
I wish I thought this was wrong.

Within the inside .. Brian is going back to New England .. OL Coach is “getting a better opportunity” . New OC is someone you know

This is what I'm begging to happen:

Spencer will leave the program. NFL or coaching.
Kirk will fire Barnett.
He will then hire Drew Tate or Tony Racioppi for QB Coach or David Raih is Co-OC and QB Coach
He'll make Brian Co-OC and Run Game Coordinator and OL coach
What? Spencer to NFL or coaching LOL. Tony worked with Spencer this year or last year so that doesn’t say much about him. Brian has no business being anywhere near this program. The worst OC with the worst QB and offense in the nation and you think he should stay?

What? Spencer to NFL or coaching LOL. Tony worked with Spencer this year or last year so that doesn’t say much about him. Brian has no business being anywhere near this program. The worst OC with the worst QB and offense in the nation and you think he should stay?
No, I don't think he should stay, I just don't think Kirk is going to fire him. And Tony Racioppi has worked with many other QBs, as well as coaches at the Peyton Manning Passing Academy. I'll take that as Peyton Manning thinking he's a good QB coach, and I trust Manning's opinion on the QB position more than literally anyone else in the world.

Do you know how much money he makes? Would you resign if you knew you'd never be fired?

All of you are gargling his manhood the last 4 weeks.
This is what I'm begging to happen:

Spencer will leave the program. NFL or coaching.
Kirk will fire Barnett.
He will then hire Drew Tate or Tony Racioppi for QB Coach or David Raih is Co-OC and QB Coach
He'll make Brian Co-OC and Run Game Coordinator and OL coach
BF needs to be gone. End of of story. Co-OC and Run Game Coordinator? You really can’t be serious. Do you really think Brian wants share a Title?

I said I'm begging to happen, therefore, don't think it will. Brian is a good if not great OL Coach. He's a bad coordinator. Kirk won't fire him. He was Run Game Coordinator with Greg Davis.

I think they’ll try to buy him sometime by him taking over the oline again and staying as OC, but hiring a qb coach and bringing in a transfer qb. That will satisfy enough of the fanbase to sellout season tickets again and that’s all that matters.
Disagree on last part, this year was a perfect storm of being post covid, going to Indy last year and a pretty ideal home schedule. I'd be willing to bet it goes back to not selling out many games. If Brian is back in same capacity I hope they don't come close to selling out any

This was a 10-2 team that went 7-5 because Kirk refuses to acknowledge he and firstborn are incompetent idiots on O. Do the right thing or F off, it's been 6 goddamn years

He's done a lot of good things with QBs. I know Spencer is one of his dudes, but so is Marco Lainez. He'll understand what Marco can and can't do and will get the offense back on track.
What in the hell makes you think this?

You have no reason to think this…….

No thanks, but again, you must have some kind of crush on me because you obviously remember, so let’s hear it.
Oh I was waiting for your reply to it from two weeks ago, but I guess you ghosted me… or just pussied out, however you want to spin it. I’m just looking forward to your name change next year

• Haha
Reactions: BXY and frydaze
Bf already said, he'd never resign. He'd never "quit", that's not the message he'd send his kids.

So sadly I would only put it at 30% odds he is no longer OC. Very good chance they just fire the OL coach and talk about change on the O.
The OL coach isn't getting fired. KF has made it clear he thinks he's doing a good job.

Oh I was waiting for your reply to it from two weeks ago, but I guess you ghosted me… or just pussied out, however you want to spin it. I’m just looking forward to your name change next year
So….are you going to tell me the wager or are you just going to keep typing stuff to make yourself feel cool? I seriously have no idea what you’re talking about. I’m sorry I don’t stalk you like you do me, but I seriously doubt you challenged me with a legitimate wager and I backed away. So let’s hear it or provide a link,

So….are you going to tell me the wager or are you just going to keep typing stuff to make yourself feel cool? I seriously have no idea what you’re talking about. I’m sorry I don’t stalk you like you do me, but I seriously doubt you challenged me with a legitimate wager and I backed away. So let’s hear it or provide a link,
Ok boomer it’s not tough

Nothing better than wanting what Nebraska has! Am I right?
You're comparing a program that fired a couple 9 win HCs to a program with an aging HC displaying a clear case of nepotism. Kirk is protecting his son AND his SIL.

Apples to oranges.

Ferentz reminds me of Willie Mays, who played a few years too long and embarrassed himself and ruined his legacy. An important personal trait is not being "vain" and knowing when to step away.

What good reason does KF have to stick around? He certainly doesn't need the $$$.

I fully expect him to be here next year. 100%
I disagree. I feel 100 percent confident BF will not be the OC. However they handle it (Brian leaving, or being reassigned) even stubborn Kirk knows this is a failed experiment. Even though he won’t want to rid of Brian - he will have no choice.

I disagree. I feel 100 percent confident BF will not be the OC. However they handle it (Brian leaving, or being reassigned) even stubborn Kirk knows this is a failed experiment. Even though he won’t want to rid of Brian - he will have no choice.

I think Brian doesn't have the option to go anywhere else until the lawsuit is resolved. I don't doubt he wants to do something else because he looked miserable this year and he probably aged badly these past two seasons.
I am in the camp that he is taking the rap for his father. The team has a dearth of talent at the offensive skill positions. No high-profile players want to play in an offensive system like Iowa's. They can't even convince high-end TEs to come here in spite of their record of putting them in the league. They HAVE recruited well on the O line but seemingly no one on the staff has any ability to prepare those guys mentally or physically.
Brian deserves a lot of criticism but the lion's share of fault rests with the patriarch himself.

ADVERTISEMENT